replacement compression rod bushings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
replacement compression rod bushings

Hey guys im pretty sure ive blown my compression rod bushings due to age and it doesnt help with me playin with the airbags. I know there are spls, factory oem replacement and i think whiteline makes some too. Question is are the spls really noise? I think if i go to a rubber bushing again ill just blow them too. when i get my next set of coils and hit the track i want the bushing to be able to hold up to it. What do you guys reccomend? Thanks in advance

Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Wow... you're asking someone ELSE a question? Someone write the date down.. It has officially snowed in hell.. HAAHHAHAHAHA!!! Just giving you crap bro. I thought you knew EVERYTHING.. I guess you just know more than me.. Well I KNOW you do about cars..

Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
I'd go with the SPL. I just got mine in from Brett at ImportPartsPro in TX for a great price shipped to me, got here in 2 days.

I'm sure they'll make a little noise as others have expressed, but that's what you get with all metal bushings. It can't be any louder than my A-arms or front sub-frame hitting.

Dont forget about getting the Bushings for the Lower control arm as well. I went with Whiteline for the LCA since they dont wear out as fast as on the CR.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks grant. I already replace my lca inner bushings with whiteline. Im leanin toward spls. The noise can be any worse than my bushings make now.
Oh hurry up and buy that brembo set. lol

Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by r1forever80
Thanks grant. I already replace my lca inner bushings with whiteline. Im leanin toward spls. The noise can be any worse than my bushings make now.
Oh hurry up and buy that brembo set. lol
Exactly, and you wont have to replace them ever again with the SPL's.

haha, Cant get the Brembo's now. It was either new wheels, those brembos, or upgrading my entire front end.

Just ordered:

2 new front hub assemblies
SPL V3 A-Arms
SPL CR bushings
Whiteline LCA bushings (inner and shock mount)
Tein Inner Tie Rods.

That was $1,005 total so the car fund is gone, gotta start saving up again

And I still need to order new endlinks (gotta find ones that work with the 350EVO front sway) so that's another $3xx

Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Just curious to know, what symptoms are you experiencing with the worn out compression bushings? Slight shaking on highway speeds? Difficult to drive straight? Noise other than the noise from the aftermarket bushings that you've mentioned?

I'm afraid I might need mine replaced also.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

The steering isn't as tight as with any busted bushings. The caster is thrown off (can cause a pull) and can cause pre-mature tire wear as it affects your toe settings. The most noticeable is a slight squeeking sound coming from the front when you press and release the throttle or brake pedal.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I went with energy bushings and they are great. Steering is tight as fk now. The way to tell if your bushings are out would definitely be the pull. Mine was pulling to the right and alignment didn't help. Also turn your steering wheel all the way and then go in circle, if you hear creaking/ticking noise, chances are, the bushings have worn out.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey I need these too (I think?). Stephen when I head to your shop for the sways I might try to knock these out at the same time if you can do those!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
dude why did you not ask me about these???

FYI there are only 2 people that make these. OEM are 20-30 a piece, and SPLs are like 160 for a set of 2.

they are one of my favorite upgrades, I barely noticed an increase in sound. what I did notice very well is how precise my car felt afterwards. It's really inspiring my to replace all my bushings with SPL.

BTW see if you can get at Law to put my order in. I'm still waiting.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
also, I've read that if you lower your car your compression rod bushings will start to tear.

I think the length of the drop directly correlates to how fast the will be ruined. dealership just wants you to buy a new arm for $200 but SPL is really the way to go because stock will tear again.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I know you had them Rob. I was just seeing what everyone else thought. I know your in love with spl so i knew what you would say. Yea more you drop your car the more angle the compression arm sits. Since i slam and raise my car im pretty sure i blew mine. Compression and translink bushing are the most common bushings to go out on our cars. I b ordering my spls now. Im pretty sure i can do them Jon. You just need to order them. if you want spl get ahold of law and order.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup both my compression rod bushings and my transverse link bushings went out on my G sedan. I replaced both with OEM bushings bc I cannot stand weird vibrations and noises that polyurethane bushings usually cause. I recommend you get another set of OEM bushings just my 2 cents though.

The only thing I got left to change out on my G35 are the endlinks and sway bars/bushings. Currently, I am debating whether to put in oem bushings or polyurethane sway bushings with my new eibach sways but that's a different story.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

^^^your new sways should have come with poly urethane replacement bushings.

If your car is lowered at all and you replaced oem CR bushings with oem again then you wasted your money, they're just going to prematurely wear out again.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They did and I have brand new set of oem bushings as well.

As for being lowered it may be a good idea to get the polyurethane ones then. I am not lowered nor do I have any plans on doing so I did not take that into consideration.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: replacement compression rod bushings