Dallas repair shops?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Dallas repair shops?

Ive had enough of the big Infiniti dealer here in Dallas, so far ive had to return everytime ive had something worked on! They have always fixed thier mistakes and been quick to remedy the situation, but id like to have things fixed right the first time..can anyone reccomend a good independent shop in Dallas?

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Here you go man post in there what you need:

https://g35driver.com/forums/dfw-g35...ould-i-go.html

Also join our facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfwgownersclub/

Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm assuming your referring to Sewell? I've never had any problems with either of the dealerships (crest/sewell) but then again everyones experience differs. What kind of issues are you currently having with your Infiniti G? I haven't had to go that route at this point so I wouldn't know of any that are knowledgable enough to deal with these cars... but I know of a shop off of trinity mills/midway rd (kwik Kar) they do the basics but overall they are a knowledgable car family that can figure out what route you need to take. I would check with Autoscope which mainly deals with European cars but I'm sure they know of other shops around that specialize in imports. Other then what I mentioned I woud recommend speaking with Oli Hedge which is the Service Manager there at sewell. Before he became service manager he was my service advisor and would always go the extra mile to get all the issues fixed on my G... not saying that the advisors don't but I'm sure he's got the extra knowledge to fill the postition that he is in.
I hope that helps and keep us posted on the issues of the car and how this works out for you.
If the shop that I mentioned works out for the issues that your having with your car (Kwik Kar) just wanted to let you know that I took
my brothers M3's there and and one of my relatives S class and they knew the spec's of each of the cars.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct in your assumption! The issue i had was a clunking noise that came from the front suspension, as well as a roaring noise from the same area around 45mph. I had them look at it during an oil change and was told there wasnt any unusual noise found..So i drove with a tech and was told it was the swaybar links and tire noise. They replaced the swaybar links (so I thought) and I got the car back. The next day I get a call from the service advisor that they had only put on one of the two and that I needed to return.. I still have the roaring noise but the clunking has gotten a lot quieter. Thanks to all for the shop suggestions and link to the DFW G club.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Gotcha,
Unfortunately when it comes to suspension there are so many components that it is hard to pinpoint unless they take everything apart and do a full diagnostic test on it... and usually with quick multi point inspections during an oil change I assume they just do a general overview and nothing in depth. It could be wheel bearings, shocks (depending on the mileage your at and the road bumps its been over), tie rods, contral arm, and the road noise your hearing at 45 mph could be the type of tires your running. Of course I don't know what the sounds your hearing from the suspension but I've got a simmilar issue whenever I go over speed bumps or when the elevation of the ground changes extremely. For these types of issues I definitely recommend sticking to the dealer because it's easier to get better service in tough situation from a big name then an independent shop majority of the time. Not trying to bash independent shops!
Hope you get the issues resolved...

The following users liked this post:
pilotalx (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
You don't need a dealer for that..this is DFW you guys need to look around we have some of the best hands on guys hands down of any crew. Knowledge can save you thousands

Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
where exactly are you located OP? I am over in Denton off 35w and I do alot of maintenance/repair work on our cars. the clunking noise could of been the end links but the dealership should be able to determine based on your mileage and if its pivots while on the ground to create a clunking sound. Secondly are you lowered at all?? mileage? year? could be a result of your Compression rod bushings or LCA inner Control arm bushings. They go out on our cars quite a bit. Lastly you could also have a blown pivot ball which is very noticeable to the eye so I figure the tech could figure that out easily or you might have a wheel bearing going out with the humming noise you hear. When all else fails stay away from the stealerships and give us local guys a call to save you the money and the hassle since we have all been there and done that now.

My cell is 214-282-2711 if you ever have any questions. I am Chris Black on the DFW Facebook group also and you can message me anytime