Front license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Front license plate

Do we need to have our front license plate displayed in texas? And can we have a different color license plate LIGHT?

Last edited by Airic214; 01-05-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no we don't have to have a license plate on our front anymore, law was passed last year i think? as for the lights which color were you going to get or have in mind?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
we are still supposed to have it but apparently they messed up the part where we could be fined for it. So take your chances if you will. I hear cops are still writing tickets and letting the courts deal with it.

cops use things like lic plate and inspection stickers to pull you over, because chances are if they can get one thing on you they can get a few more.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
rather than speculate, here's something I found on Officer Forum, ask a cop
§ 502.404. OPERATION OF VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATE OR REGISTRATION INSIGNIA.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a passenger car or commercial motor vehicle that does not display two license plates, at the front and rear of the vehicle, that have been:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the period.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a passenger car or commercial motor vehicle, other than a vehicle assigned license plates for the registration period, that does not properly display the registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the license plates have been validated for the period.
(c) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does not display a license plate, attached to the rear of the vehicle, that has been:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the period.
(d) Subsections (a) and (b) do not apply to a dealer operating a vehicle as provided by law.
(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.
(f) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (a) if the defendant:
(1) remedies the defect before the defendant's first court appearance; and
(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10.
(g) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (b) if the defendant:
(1) shows that:
(A) the passenger car or commercial motor vehicle was issued a registration insignia by the department that establishes that the vehicle was registered for the period during which the offense was committed; and
(B) the registration insignia described in Paragraph (A) was attached to the passenger car or commercial motor vehicle before the defendant's first court appearance; and
(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1027, § 1, eff. September 1, 2007.

Oh, and he added at the end.....
And yes, they get a ticket from me every time, because every time they spout off about 'ruining their car' or 'I'm not paying extra for a bracket.

The following users liked this post:
JaE35 (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by DisbJohnny972
no we don't have to have a license plate on our front anymore, law was passed last year i think? as for the lights which color were you going to get or have in mind?
We don't need it at all? Or just not on the front bumper. I have mine on my windshiled.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Best advice, "Ask a Cop!" If the state can't make up their minds ask the person writing the tickets. You shouldn't give them an excuse for pulling you over, like having anything but a white bulb over your rear license plate....nation wide law.
Gary