New Owner in DFW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner in DFW

Well, after 3 years of wanting to join you guys I finall am doing it tomorrow!

I am picking up my 05 Lakeshore Slate/Wheat G Tomorrow (A/T, Prem, Perf Tire, Splash).

I wanted to ask all you DFW G's if you guys recommend a particular tint shop (thinking about a clear bra also maybe). Also wanted some recs on what kind/color of tint film to get and the % tint...

Thanks guys,
dp

Old 05-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey, I have a clear bra - bumper only if you'd like to see how that set up looks.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dipeshut

I am picking up my 05 Lakeshore Slate/Wheat G Tomorrow (A/T, Prem, Perf Tire, Splash).

I wanted to ask all you DFW G's if you guys recommend a particular tint shop (thinking about a clear bra also maybe). Also wanted some recs on what kind/color of tint film to get and the % tint...

Thanks guys,
dp
Hey man, glad to see you getting one. If I were you, I'd get the dealer to throw one in for free. I personally have legal (yuk) 35% on sides and 25% for sides/rear. I wish the sides were darker but the popos might mess with you if they can tell it's too dark. I've had very good tint jobs from Artic (formerly Artech) Window Tint in Arlington. They been there for over 10 yrs. so it's not a fly by night shop. But seriously, you should get the dealer to throw it in for you. After all the numbers were discussed...it got to the point that I would walk out over the tint. I'd go with just a nice black tint. What you have to look for is the heat rejection on a tint. Just because it's dark means it will keep the heat out. You should try to make it out to the meet tonite.

JD

Old 05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
welcome to the club! Be sure to visit g35ownersclub.com and register for the club card.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro-Tint just north of 635 on Preston - across from the mall. excellent work.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:24 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
My friend tints cars for a living and did mine 20% all around. He'll probably charge $100-$120. Welcome to the club...what part of DFW are you from?

Old 05-18-2005, 02:41 PM

Thanks guys,
dp
RE: Clear Bra in DFW area. My man Greg Fleming: http://www.modernarmor.com/

Old 05-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the repsonses. How much should I plan on paying for the tint (I want something that has a lifetime no bubble warranty and will look good on the lakeshore slate color). Not sure if I should get the standard black or go with the silvery stuff that matches the color of the car (not the ghetto mirror stuff).

Also how much did the clear bra run at modern armor?

Thanks again guys,

dp

Old 05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for all the repsonses. How much should I plan on paying for the tint (I want something that has a lifetime no bubble warranty and will look good on the lakeshore slate color). Not sure if I should get the standard black or go with the silvery stuff that matches the color of the car (not the ghetto mirror stuff).

Thanks again guys,

dp
Unless you go through the "hookup" way for the tint or the clearbra...I'd say bout $160-200 for a good quality tint. Some people rave about Huper Optik's tint but it's more on the neutral side.
http://www.huperoptik.com/

As far as the clearbra...so far the quotes that I've gotten for front bumper, and partial hood is around $450-$500. So far what I've observed is that the clear bra is a tad bit more noticeable on darker colors (just an fyi.) Don't expect it to be completely invisible.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:34 AM
How much did the clear bra run at modern armor

Thanks again guys,

dp
Just give him a call/email: www.modernarmor.com