SIMPLE Audio Install needed, where to go???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIMPLE Audio Install needed, where to go???

Have the following that needs to be done to my Gcoupe

Install Infinity 4 channel amp
Install Diamond Audio 6.5 components and tweeters in stock front positions.
Disconnect 6x9s and rear fill speakers
Install JL 12inch sub I have with box I have
Bridge 2 channels of the amp for the sub, use the other two for my Diamonds

All I need is an LOC, which hopefully they can provide.

CarToys wants $525 for the install and I think they can go F themselves for that gouge of the year.

Where can I get this done for a much more reasonable price? Would much prefer an installer who has worked on other Gs.

DFW area bretheren unite! Help the newb!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:28 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Man the Car Toys in Hurst does all of our installs. They do Robert's show car and they just finished with my system today. I had custom everything and so does Robert they will get it done right. Plus if you tell them you are with us they may like you enough to give you a discount.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
Man the Car Toys in Hurst does all of our installs. They do Robert's show car and they just finished with my system today. I had custom everything and so does Robert they will get it done right. Plus if you tell them you are with us they may like you enough to give you a discount.
I will have to get in touch with them. What do you think is an 'acceptable' amount to pay for such a simple install?

BTW, it was CarToys in Ft. Worth that wanted to suck me dry, so hopefully Hurst is more amenable! Thoughts?

Old 10-14-2005, 07:39 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
I'm no stereo install expert, but if you have all of the wiring and stuff the only thing I can figure is they are charging the premium to run the wire under the carpet all the way to the trunk for a clean install cuz that takes time and effort. Hooking that stuff up itself, shouldn't be all that difficult once the wires are run. However before you shut the door on Car Toys I would definately give the Hurst CT a call and ask for Robert or preferably Juan. They built everything that's in my car, and Juan did a ton of work on Robert's do a little name dropping and see what they can offer you.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
I'm no stereo install expert, but if you have all of the wiring and stuff the only thing I can figure is they are charging the premium to run the wire under the carpet all the way to the trunk for a clean install cuz that takes time and effort. Hooking that stuff up itself, shouldn't be all that difficult once the wires are run.
Ok, let's say they want $200 to hook up the equipment once the wires are run, that would leave $300 to run the wires. That is insane.

At $50/hour that would take 6 hours. I highly doubt it takes 6 hours for someone with experience, and that is assuming a $50/hour rate.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Premier Member

I can't see how you want us to give you a price. It all depends on just what you want done. Go by the Hurst Car Toys, show them your club card and they should hook you up. Other Car Toys locations are not yet offering us the discount. If you are looking for just a basic install the cost should n ot be very much.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by ScapGF

CarToys wants $525 for the install and I think they can go F themselves for that gouge of the year.

Where can I get this done for a much more reasonable price? Would much prefer an installer who has worked on other Gs.

DFW area bretheren unite! Help the newb!
I had the Car Toys in Irving (the one close to the mall) & the one in Frisco try to rob me too! JR Customs wanted about the same. I ended up getting my system installed at Tweeter in Frisco for way cheaper. The sales manager Justin is a D#$@, but the installer, Dan, is really cool. He takes really good car of the car. He doesn't put crap (equipment, parts, etc.) in the seats, so you're leather doesn't get messed up. He never has equipment anywhere near the outside of the car so you won't get scratches either. Good Luck!!!

Old 10-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by theeggman
I can't see how you want us to give you a price. It all depends on just what you want done.
Wow, this comment astounds me. You are not even in the same realm of conciousness as anyone on this planet. Please explain how the following quote is ambiguous:

Originally Posted by ScapGF

Thanks for the laugh, lol

For the most oblivious post of the year.....

Attached Thumbnails SIMPLE Audio Install needed, where to go???-dumpedout-copy.jpg  
Old 10-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Melissa
I had the Car Toys in Irving (the one close to the mall) & the one in Frisco try to rob me too! JR Customs wanted about the same. I ended up getting my system installed at Tweeter in Frisco for way cheaper. The sales manager Justin is a D#$@, but the installer, Dan, is really cool. He takes really good car of the car. He doesn't put crap (equipment, parts, etc.) in the seats, so you're leather doesn't get messed up. He never has equipment anywhere near the outside of the car so you won't get scratches either. Good Luck!!!
I will definitely give them a buzz or stop by in person to get a quote. Also, I am curious as to what all you had done and how much they charged you. Just trying to get a ballpark for myself

Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by theeggman
Go by the Hurst Car Toys, show them your club card and they should hook you up.
I do not yet have a card. I am living here temporarily since Katrina f*cked up my hometown, New Orleans. Although I am moving back in January. Luckily I have family is this great part of the country. I really enjoy being here.

Originally Posted by theggman
If you are looking for just a basic install the cost should n ot be very much.
Ok, what do you think would be reasonable given what I stated I want done?

Old 10-16-2005, 10:47 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Scap,

I went by Car Toys in Plano just to get a quote. They said $125 for front speaker install, $125 to build an amp rack, and $250 for amp install. Pretty frickin rediculous if you ask me.

I'm going to try on my own. This weekend I cut some speaker mounting rings for the front components and installed the tweeters. I just need to get some screws to mount the midrange driver to the speaker rings I made. Also need to mount the crossover inside the door panel.

As far as my amps, I'm still deciding how I want to mount them, since I have two. Your single amp can probably mount on the rear seat if you want it there, which will make it pretty easy to install.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Moog
Hey Scap,

I went by Car Toys in Plano just to get a quote. They said $125 for front speaker install, $125 to build an amp rack, and $250 for amp install. Pretty frickin rediculous if you ask me.

I'm going to try on my own. This weekend I cut some speaker mounting rings for the front components and installed the tweeters. I just need to get some screws to mount the midrange driver to the speaker rings I made. Also need to mount the crossover inside the door panel.

As far as my amps, I'm still deciding how I want to mount them, since I have two. Your single amp can probably mount on the rear seat if you want it there, which will make it pretty easy to install.
Wow, that quote is insane. What do these people take us for anyway? As for the amp, I think I will just go ahead and get it mounted on the rear seat. Let us know how you install turns out!