Randys_G will be no more!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:04 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randys_G will be no more!

Hello my friends!

I've made a decision that took along time to make. I'm selling the G. I've come to realize that living where I am (in the sticks) and living where I was (in SoCal) are two entirely different animals. I thought I could keep up with this constant drive out to the metroplex (70 miles one-way) to enjoy my passion with other enthusiasts, but I can't. Just since I've been out here (9 months) I've put 10,000 miles on my car with highway driving. It's no longer practical to own this car. So, my great friends of G35driver will be the first to take a stab at owning it. I'm sure you all know the mods I've installed and know the history behind this car, but let's take a second to reflect and gaze into the past.

This is a 2004 G35 Sport Coupe with the premium package. It's a 6 speed manual with Brembo brakes. It also has the factory navigation and OEM front lip and splash guards. Now for the mods. This vehicle has 32,000 miles on it and for the last 17,000 miles, it's been supercharged with the Vortech supercharger made for the 2004 G35 Coupe. It puts down 366rwhp and 300ftlbs of torque. I have never changed the pulley size from what Vortech provides in their kit which means there is room to make more power if what I've listed isn't enough. The oil has been changed by me every 3,000 miles religiously with Mobil 1 5/30 Synthetic. This car features the Motordyne Engineering 1/2" plenum spacer which yielded me an additional 18rwhp while allowing be to bring the Air/Fuel ratio even further below 12:1 (which obviously makes the cars engine even safer). Injen Technology designed an intake tube specifically for this car. This car was featured in SportZ Magazine in the Summer issue 2005 (2 pages article). The supercharged system is intercooled by a Spearco intercooler that is very efficient (I've never change out from the stock bumper because I never felt the need to with this intercooler). The stock clutch and flywheel were pulled out around 13,000 miles ago and exchanged for a Jim Wolf Technology lightened clutch and flywheel. I love this setup because the car revs like a motorcycle! The stock sport suspension was removed and replaced with a Tein Flex (12kg spring) coilover package with the EDFC controller installed in the ashtray area. This suspension not only improved the handling of this car expedentially, but it's awesome how I can set the car to handle any way I want from inside the vehicle, on the fly with the EDFC controller. The cats have been upgraded to Kinetix high flow cats and the exhaust is a one-off exhaust made by Injen technology based on the Super SES exhaust system THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE FIBERGLASS BLOW OFF ISSUE! The car sits on 19" PIAA Super Rozzas in Hyper Black. The wheels in front are 19"x9" and the rear is 19"x10". They are wrapped with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's which were JUST put on which are 245/35/19 in front and 275/35/19 in rear. Less than 300 miles on them. I have my receipt from tirerack.com to prove it. I recently purchased and installed a new THX-SS shifter which gives back more feedback when shifting gears. Every person who has felt this shifter thinks it's wonderful. I also have a Unlimited Tuning GTR grill that is included with the car and the pic below shows it installed. All in all, I have about $17,000 invested in the car. The car is currently registered and has a state safety inspection sticker up to date.

I've also recently purchased a grounding kit for this car that has yet to be installed. The new owner will receive that along with various other parts I have with the purchase. The car does have two dings that will need to be addressed by the new owner. One is on the hood (compliments of a truck driver) and one on the rear driver's quarter panel.

I'm asking $33,900 and that's with ALL mods included. I have no interest in parting the car out, so please do not PM me with that question.

You guys are great friends and I hope to further our friendship even when our common interest is no more. Please let your friends and family know about this awesome deal. Also, feel free to post this anywhere you'd like.

My contact info is:

Randy Hurtado
randys_g@yahoo.com
310.818.1875 cell

Last edited by GlenRoseFireFighter; 12-12-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Actually 10k miles in 9 months isn't that bad...I've had my car for 2.5 years and I have 43k miles on it. It's just the way of life here with everything so spread apart.

Last edited by waijai; 12-12-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Moog
Why Oh Why!!!

Don't make this harder than it has to be William!

Old 12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Moog
Actually 10k miles in 9 months isn't that bad...I've had my car for 2.5 years and I have 43k miles on it. It's just the way of life here with everything so spread apart.
Yeah, but it's mainly the hours spent in the car for those 10,000 miles that kills me. I love the car, but 1 hour each way to drive and meet up sucks! Anyone who came to my BBQ can attest to the grueling drive...

Old 12-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Thumbs up Sweet Ride!

Randy - Well, we're still gonna get together when I get my AEBS engine over to Isbell!! I hope that whomever takes your baby off your hands will treat it with the love & care that U did!! I didn't get to cruise with ya in it but after talking with Dave O. & seeing your article in Sport Z, I know there were NO shortcuts taken in your buildup so here's to someone getting one sweet ryde!!

Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by MeanGene
Randy - Well, we're still gonna get together when I get my AEBS engine over to Isbell!! I hope that whomever takes your baby off your hands will treat it with the love & care that U did!! I didn't get to cruise with ya in it but after talking with Dave O. & seeing your article in Sport Z, I know there were NO shortcuts taken in your buildup so here's to someone getting one sweet ryde!!
Thanks!

Old 12-12-2005, 09:19 PM
MeanGene are you referring to John Isbell? If so do you know his new e-mail address, I have not be able to locate him.
Thanks

Originally Posted by MeanGene

Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So sad to see you go, it seems that you really made a great improvement to the DFW G scene Please don't tell me you're going to go with the 2004 Motor Trend Car of the Year!!!

Old 12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by BeerViper
So sad to see you go, it seems that you really made a great improvement to the DFW G scene Please don't tell me you're going to go with the 2004 Motor Trend Car of the Year!!!
I'll be exiting the car scene for a while. But I'll be back...just at a lower capaticy...I plan to build a full blown race car for the road track eventually...that's really where my passion lied in the first place. Heck, the G was supposed to be a car I bought to imprss clients...then that part of the job went and the modding begain...why don't you buy it for your wife/girlfriend? Or both!

Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by TXREFI
MeanGene are you referring to John Isbell? If so do you know his new e-mail address, I have not be able to locate him.
Thanks
try 817.681.4393

Old 12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Randys_G
...why don't you buy it for your wife/girlfriend? Or both!
That's going to be kind of tough with a $300k mortgage in the near future ... maybe we could make it a 330k mortgage!!! *ponders*

I would love to own your car. It just seems too easy to take over a modded car without doing any of the work.

Anyways, I just met you for the first time at Posado's last month and now you're leaving us I'll tell you what ... if we swap cars now you will get the red G (you were going to paint it red anyways ) and also 15,000 miles less! Then in a few years they will be even in mileage and you can have her back!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by BeerViper
That's going to be kind of tough with a $300k mortgage in the near future ... maybe we could make it a 330k mortgage!!! *ponders*

I would love to own your car. It just seems too easy to take over a modded car without doing any of the work.

Anyways, I just met you for the first time at Posado's last month and now you're leaving us I'll tell you what ... if we swap cars now you will get the red G (you were going to paint it red anyways ) and also 15,000 miles less! Then in a few years they will be even in mileage and you can have her back!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What car are you getting to replace it?

Maybe I should listen to all my friends and trade my sedan in a coupe.......

Last edited by mr_ecktid; 12-15-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
he's got nav too. the elusive 6mt and nav

Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by mr_ecktid
What car are you getting to replace it?

Maybe I should listen to all my friends and trade my sedan in a coupe.......
just a truck...yeah, buy mone...best deal out there! And Nav!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Randys_G will be no more!