De-badge tha G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006 | 12:41 AM
|
De-badge tha G

Looking at taking off the "G35" and the "INFINITI" off the back of my car... looking to see if any one had some tips or some procedures to follow before my smart self does more retarted things to my G lol....

thanks in advance

JJ Patel

Old 03-08-2006 | 12:52 AM
There's a bunch of threads on this- the pros & cons of doing it as well as the techiques used. Basically most people use fish line or dental floss and plenty of either WD40 or in my case Goo Gone (NOT to be confused with GOOF OFF which will take of your paint!) to remove the adhesive. I myself used a soft plastic putty knife to do the deed with no paint scratches at all. Really like the look with just the Infiniti logo on the ***.

Old 03-08-2006 | 01:03 AM
So does this mean the lights are working again? If so, what did you do?

Old 03-08-2006 | 08:05 AM
|
oh man... yes finally are working SOMEWHAT>>>> still a couple that arent working... ive got to go to school though i will posting from there if i get a chance or after 4 ish.... thanks guys

Old 03-08-2006 | 11:17 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Debadge the G!!! I am a full supporter of this mod. It looks friggin clean as heck when it's done. Grab some good polish and wax to go over the area when you're done so you don't see the outline of it when you're done. The longer you hold off the worse it will look when you go through with it because of the sun fading the paint around the area the badging covers. So the sooner the better and give it some good treatment afterwards and it looks PIMP!!!

Old 03-08-2006 | 07:53 PM
|
so beerviper.... about those lights .... i never knew there was a fuse box under the dash cover way behind the battery under the hood... popped all that open changed out one of the 10A fuses and now the BRAKE LIGHTS... LEFT CORNER LIGHTS.... LEFT CLEARENCE LIGHT.... and RADIO CONSOLE WORK !!!!!..... right side.... corner and right side clearence strip still not working... =/ its short circuit somewhere

Old 03-09-2006 | 01:23 AM
what about your dome lights?? those are out in my car and I can't figure out why!!

Old 03-09-2006 | 07:38 AM
i used a heat gun to heat up the area for a second and then used floss to get the emblems off...

Old 03-09-2006 | 07:20 PM
|
Jon... (thinks thats ur name) lol.... funny but ughhhh the LEFT side dome light does NOT work however RIGHT side seems to be perfectly fine lol.... i have a really werid car im starting to think its been in a flood or something got some major electrical problems but the cars gotta clear title so i dont know

but Jon... i know how to quickly resolve the dome light not working... check the fuse box by the pedals... pop each fuse out check it... if its good put it back in.. if not replace it lol.... lift the battery cover under the hood... couple fuses there... then take off that panel where your vipers/widshield area is... on the right side directly behind the battery hole.... bunch more fuses there (its likely to be here!!) if not then take it to good ole GRUBBS

Last edited by JJs G; 03-09-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2006 | 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by JJs G
Looking at taking off the "G35" and the "INFINITI" off the back of my car... looking to see if any one had some tips or some procedures to follow before my smart self does more retarted things to my G lol....

thanks in advance

JJ Patel
Wait until it's really hot outside... they come off real easy then.

Old 03-10-2006 | 12:36 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Originally Posted by Melissa
Wait until it's really hot outside... they come off real easy then.

OMG!!! She Lives!

Old 03-10-2006 | 08:10 AM
took mine to Grubb's yesterday for an oil change and p/s flush ... both bulbs were burned out, no fuse issues!

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
OMG!!! She Lives!
I'm here... I'm here!!!

Old 03-10-2006 | 05:03 PM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Come to friggin Pasado's young lady. Everybody's doing it.

Old 03-10-2006 | 07:52 PM
|
Originally Posted by BeerViper
took mine to Grubb's yesterday for an oil change and p/s flush ... both bulbs were burned out, no fuse issues!

good to hear man !!! i got mine working as well !!!! i just took the bulb out in the corner light switched it with the one on the left side... and now they BOTH work !!!! gotta get up behind the headlight and do the same thing with the clearence bulb !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: De-badge tha G