A Productive visit to Grubbs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
A Productive visit to Grubbs!

Stopped by Grubbs yesterday to get a couple things done. I want to be sure the car is ready for the track next weekend so......

Got the oil changed (Mobil 1) and took a peek underneath so I could so how close the Vortech auxiliary fuel pump sits to the oil filter. It's pretty close ... to the point where removing the oil filter can be somewhat of a pain. I figured I may just start changing my own oil going forward but Grubbs is VERY reasonable on their Mobil 1 oil changes so I will probably just continue getting it done there.

Got the Power Steering fluid flushed as that is another item that will be taxed pretty heavily on the road course.

I asked the tech how easy/hard it would be to raise my idle up to eliminate the infamous Vortech "chatter" at idle. It took him about 2 minutes after hooking up the computer to raise the idle from 650 to 750. It is now right above the point where the rattle/chatter starts and it is a big improvement.

Both of the overhead interior lights were out ... I had already checked all of the fuses in the inside fuse block (drivers kick panel) and they were all fine. I looked through the Service Manual and saw that there are 3 different fuses that link into the overhead lights. All 3 fuses are linked into a BCM (Body Control Module?) which the tech mentioned have been problematic. Luckily it was nothing more that 2 burned out bulbs

I picked up stainless steel brake lines from Grubbs Performance but after their labor quote, there is no way I'm having them do it ... 4 hours labor just to change them out SCREW THAT! I ended up ordering the ATE(brand ) Super Blue brake fluid along with another ATE Typ200 (Amber colored) fluid so it's easy to go back and forth between the 2 when flushing the brake fluid through. I'm going to have German at GS Motorsports do the brake lines and flush/bleed the new fluid through.

Next steps that I'm looking to take would be to go with some slotted/drilled rotors and possibly some racing pads that I would only use for the track (most are very high dust but superior performance). A set of track wheels + tires will also be on the forefront as I don't plan to keep replacing the 19's when they wear out after 8k miles!

Old 03-10-2006, 11:17 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
awwww yeah, sounds like a productive little day

Germanini will do a good job on the lines/fluid.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:34 AM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a good day indeed. That day could have been a lot more work if Randy didn't take good care of that car and put the right parts on it.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Premier Member

Nice!

Old 03-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Someone is hitting the scene hard. I hope your wide doesn't feell left out. Take her to the track too!

Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
... I hope your wide doesn't feell left out...
I hope you're not insinuating that my wife-to-be is overweight now are you???

Nah it's my kitchen pass to get away for a while ... it's either this or the golf course every weekend. One way or another we need some "self" time

Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
That is a good day indeed. That day could have been a lot more work if Randy didn't take good care of that car and put the right parts on it.
Thanks for the compliment.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by BeerViper
I hope you're not insinuating that my wife-to-be is overweight now are you???

Nah it's my kitchen pass to get away for a while ... it's either this or the golf course every weekend. One way or another we need some "self" time
I was typing fast sorry. I hope your "WIFE" doesn't feel left out is what I meant. Anyways, at least you won't see your 100+ dollars for 9 holes go down the drain and know that it is going towards a good cause