Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Calling for the Fastest 5AT NA Coupe times Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Good for you. I've seen Festivas run low 12s. Stranger things have happened. A 10-seconds IS300? What's the big secret there? Built 2JZ single turbo and transbrake. Done deal. There are three 9-second Supras at the track with the same setup.

Most of us are here to help others out and we're not secretive about our mods. We actually try to help others improve their times. I never really understood the mentality of keeping mods secret. I find people far more credible when they are forthcoming with the data. Why hide it? It makes no sense.
Its not a supra and its not that easy.
Some people arent hiding anything they just have better things to do with their time. Myself personally i spend more time on my.IS then any other site so i share more info on the IS. The supra i have nothing to hide i just dont post about it same with my g35 i can sit here and tell you what i run but unless i post a timeslip everyone just thinks its not true and they continue to be better then everyone else.

Forums have there goods and their bads goods being it brings together some decent information. Bads 90% of that info is wrong.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Good for you. I've seen Festivas run low 12s. Stranger things have happened. A 10-seconds IS300? What's the big secret there? Built 2JZ single turbo and transbrake. Done deal. There are three 9-second Supras at the track with the same setup.

Most of us are here to help others out and we're not secretive about our mods. We actually try to help others improve their times. I never really understood the mentality of keeping mods secret. I find people far more credible when they are forthcoming with the data. Why hide it? It makes no sense.
Just got back from up north...checking out the abortion this thread has become...lol...and all I have to say to the post Dave is following up on is this...

If you really believe it comes down to the driver than list out your mods and don't be a punk and come on here and say your bone *** stock G35C is faster than any other times posted here...first off the only fast times posted here are mine...and if you beat me great...but if I had a 6spd I would be 2-3 tenths quicker too...so how quick were you? Let the cat out of the bag...and to finish my mods statement...if you believe it's in the driver and not the mods than letting anyone and everyone know your mods won't help anyone beat you...b/c you are still the better driver...right?

We are here...on this forum...at least those I know...to post about results and give advice and help each other with techniques and tips for advancing one another...the competition is friendly...not envious.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by OKCIS
Its not a supra and its not that easy.
Some people arent hiding anything they just have better things to do with their time. Myself personally i spend more time on my.IS then any other site so i share more info on the IS. The supra i have nothing to hide i just dont post about it same with my g35 i can sit here and tell you what i run but unless i post a timeslip everyone just thinks its not true and they continue to be better then everyone else.

Forums have there goods and their bads goods being it brings together some decent information. Bads 90% of that info is wrong.
Try to find my time slip on here...it's no where to be found dude...and then try and find somone calling BS on my run in any way shape or form...there's no one...

Again...we are all here to help, aid, coach and further each other with follow up, results, and info based on facts. I don't know where you get your 90/10 rule from, but I don't see that on any forum I deal with...sure there is BS flying here and there...but that's usually reserved for impromptu street racing and the like...not for 1/4 mi times.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCIS
I wont post my timeslip from tonight cause well i dont have a scanner to put it up with
Already making excuses!

My G35C is bone *** stock ive had it for a month now 6MT and my time tonight was faster then any of the ones that have been posted in this thread.
That's great for you, but your not a 5AT!

I say this only because people think that if there is no timeslip it never happened and if it isnt posted on the internet it never happened. Fact is some people just dont give a damn to post anything or prove anything some of us have gotten to the stage where we just build cars for fun and no other reason.
No one here has questioned the original posters comments to verify or prove his times. Bosssho has been a member of this forum for some time. He has credability with his statements with no reason for false petenths. Your comments have added no value to this post other than touting your own horn!

2003 G35 Sedan 6MT
13.96 @ 101 (stock)

Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
The fastest I've ran with my 04 5AT coupe N/A was 14.23@ 99 with just intake, exhaust and a TS tune. I'll post up the slip later I still have that slip from 2yrs ago when I first started racing at the track bracket racing. I didn't brake torque I just hit the gas on the 3rd yellow. To the OP those are some good times for a N/A 5AT our cars are so heavy.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
14.2 @ 99 at 500ft above sea level, 40-50*F, no wind, AEM intake.

Haven't gotten to take it with the ProCharger, but I beat a C5 Vette with slipping tranny... maybe low 13's or high 12's?
I haven't done a run 1/4 run with the turbo yet, but I've smoked a new modded GTO and a modded STI 1/8 mile racing.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've ran 1 million seconds, underwater 75 ft below sea level, 24 degrees below freezing, all motor, and no car. I don't have a time slip, since it got erased under the water. just believe me.. Zoom!

internet tends to make things better for people since everyone is far away and proof can be omitted or falsified. Questions like this bring out the liar out of some people.

IMO

Old 10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Keep up the honest posting guys!

To the last guy...Listen...I know the WWW brings out heroes, but let's have some damn faith here huh...not all people who post are smoking crack and full of $hit...

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...It seems like the stock, or almost stock Coupes in 5AT trim are topping out at 14.2 at 99...the 99 shows me the power is there for a better time...14.0-14.1, but what are all your 60' times? 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3? That will tell the tale.

These cars seem to love Forced Induction so if you guys added a turbo and a Blower you should see low 13s.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Just like the muscle cars of yore, each individual car comes from the factory with slightly different motor specs. Some motors have slightly more clearance on the rings, have the right combination of rods and pistons that will give that little extra performance boost.

If you read the car magazines, performance times can vary wildly with the same model. I've seen 05 Mustang GTs go from 4.9 0-60 to 5.8 0-60 with an automatic transmission by the same magazine. Elevation, humidity, air density etc. can all affect performance. I wouldn't doubt the times at all. They certainly are not unreasonable given the general performance of both the Coupe and Sedan.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Samson
Just like the muscle cars of yore, each individual car comes from the factory with slightly different motor specs. Some motors have slightly more clearance on the rings, have the right combination of rods and pistons that will give that little extra performance boost.

If you read the car magazines, performance times can vary wildly with the same model. I've seen 05 Mustang GTs go from 4.9 0-60 to 5.8 0-60 with an automatic transmission by the same magazine. Elevation, humidity, air density etc. can all affect performance. I wouldn't doubt the times at all. They certainly are not unreasonable given the general performance of both the Coupe and Sedan.
I agree there may be some very slight difference, but the days of "freak" cars are long gone. However, the differences in power across motors is terribly slight assuming the same running condition and environmental conditions. With the G35/350Z, the difference between like cars is less than 5whp, usually less. Differences in ET/MPH among cars of the same make, mods, transmission, etc is largely based on these four factors:

1) Track. Some are quicker/slower than others.
2) Conditions. Conditions play a HUGE roll in the way a car runs.
3) Driver ability.
4) 60 foot. The first 60 feet of a race is the most important and has the most impact on ET.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree there may be some very slight difference, but the days of "freak" cars are long gone. However, the differences in power across motors is terribly slight assuming the same running condition and environmental conditions. With the G35/350Z, the difference between like cars is less than 5whp, usually less. Differences in ET/MPH among cars of the same make, mods, transmission, etc is largely based on these four factors:

1) Track. Some are quicker/slower than others.
2) Conditions. Conditions play a HUGE roll in the way a car runs.
3) Driver ability.
4) 60 foot. The first 60 feet of a race is the most important and has the most impact on ET.
Good points DaveB. I agree that tolerances are much better today than before. Track condition is probably the single most important factor in launching a car and getting a good hookup. A concrete pad vs. an asphalt starting area also makes a big difference. Running where the NHRA sanctions professional events at the big events probably would ensure better track conditions as compared to some country track that is slick and worn.

Car magazines still tell though of one car of a particular model being significantly faster than another of the same model. People still get lemons and I suppose there are a few tigers that slip through.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Samson
Good points DaveB. I agree that tolerances are much better today than before. Track condition is probably the single most important factor in launching a car and getting a good hookup. A concrete pad vs. an asphalt starting area also makes a big difference. Running where the NHRA sanctions professional events at the big events probably would ensure better track conditions as compared to some country track that is slick and worn.
I agree. My track use to be a bit "country" until a couple years ago when they resurfaced the track and started hosting more profitable events. Even on test-n-tune nights the traction is strong. So strong in fact that I can barely chirp a tire and that was on the OEM Turanzas.

Car magazines still tell though of one car of a particular model being significantly faster than another of the same model. People still get lemons and I suppose there are a few tigers that slip through.
Yes, car mags to typically correct their times therefore leveling the playing field among same models. However, correcting times still isn't an exact science and usually isn't very good at compensating for the tempermental late model cars running in hot weather (lots of ECU nannies come into play in hot weather). Then there are things like winter gas and most importantly, fresh or broken in test cars. I've seen it time and time again, where cars will drop .2-.4 seconds and gain 2-3mph from 1,000 miles and 40,000 mile tests. The RX8 was a big standout. It went from 15.0s@93mph to 14.6s@96mph. Same car, same test gear.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I agree. My track use to be a bit "country" until a couple years ago when they resurfaced the track and started hosting more profitable events. Even on test-n-tune nights the traction is strong. So strong in fact that I can barely chirp a tire and that was on the OEM Turanzas.

Yes, car mags to typically correct their times therefore leveling the playing field among same models. However, correcting times still isn't an exact science and usually isn't very good at compensating for the tempermental late model cars running in hot weather (lots of ECU nannies come into play in hot weather). Then there are things like winter gas and most importantly, fresh or broken in test cars. I've seen it time and time again, where cars will drop .2-.4 seconds and gain 2-3mph from 1,000 miles and 40,000 mile tests. The RX8 was a big standout. It went from 15.0s@93mph to 14.6s@96mph. Same car, same test gear.
Well put. The bottom line is that the driver, atmospheric conditions and track surface are the real keys to getting a good time. If you have ever watched a Funny car of Top fuel crew analyze barometric pressure and humidity to determine how much nitro to use, you can see how critical it is to get everything dialed in to get the best performance. It really is a science. I have no doubt that there will be guys in stock G's running good times if all of the factors are in line.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling for the Fastest 5AT NA Coupe times Please