Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

G35 vs ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh...just went on youtube and the vast majority of Si vs g35 races end up with the G35 winning handily...good I still want this car (and also because its sexy as hell)

Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by bobruggiero
because its sexy as hell)
THIS. Might not be the fastest car, but it'll definitely turn more heads

Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Today i played with a porsche while going into a canyon pass. Of course i paid respects by staying behind but once the curve hit that say 25mph and i am going 65 of course on one is on the road but us. it does depend on the driver cause on straight ways he would go but on curves i would easily pass him and we all know he should have won. once we stop and converse he ask if had a turbo or where was the extra power coming from. All i said was good tires and great driver.
my g is stock.

TAKE THEM ON THE CURVES

Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm just saying this because at the young age of 21, and just buying this car, the light to light stuff doesn't work for me. Not worth the heat, the price or possibly loosing your car, especially here in Canada.

But in you're case, hell, run w/e just to see how the other car goes, don't worry about winning or loosing. Because chances are that Suzuki swift beside you is running the Hyabusa motor. Have fun with it is all I can say, don't worry about who wins.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Either you are full of BS or he didnt know you two were racing.

335s arent that fast, and it wasnt off the line, it was about a 20mph roll going onto a long freeway entrance, i started behind him and pulled around him and he gave me the finger as i went by, he definately knew we were racing. i was suprised myself that it happened. i know i could not beat one off the line. g35s suck off the line. and like everyone else has been saying. street racing is stupid. that was the closest to racing on the street i have ever done.

Last edited by painttitblak; 04-21-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by t7n7
our cars are not that fast?

and yes, the civic SI can beat us due to its weight but who cares, its a POS civic, why even waste our gas for a car like that?
Quick, not fast. Then again fast is all subjective.

The peak power figures are not the only thing that determines how fast a car is.

What is wrong with a Civic? A car is a car regardless of price range. For the price of a used G nowadays you can pick up a new Civic Si.

ga_zander - watch out for the 05+ G35 6mt sedans

Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I saw an 06+ SI pull a 14.9 @ 93 bone stock at the track and a bolt on Si run a 14.0 @ 96. Not bad for a 2800lb car.
Yep, the K20 are either very restrictive stock or responsive to bolt ons. RSX-S with I/H/E/+tune pulls those numbers as well.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:45 AM
I have no idea why would you guys think the G35 is slow.
Its definatily not the fastest thing around.
BUt it's no where near slow.
The G would easily beat a RX-8 with out any problem.
I have beaten a Cayman S 986 with just a few bolt ons (it was very close though).
A RSX-S with exhaust from what I can tell can't catch up with me.
I have beaten a 04 STi at a 60-120mph rolling with bolt ons.
I have beaten a 04 WRX althought I mis-shift a 3rd gear stock.
So I have no idea why would you guys consider it's a slow car.
It makes about 240ish whp at dyno jet which is about the same as the GD STi or CT Evo but you won't stand a chance running against both from start because both cars got the advantage of 4WD lanuch and they weight much less

Cars you won't stand a chance:
MazdaSpeed3 and any SRT-4: Those things are so damn fast
Evo, STi from still: Because of the 4WD lanuch and weight less
IS350: It's automatic is smooth.
335i: It actually makes about 270whp and maxium tq at 2000rpm. Don't be fooled by the 300hp ad. It makes way more than that.
Any HR: It makes way more power than the DE
stock 350Z: Both cars makes about the same crank power but it makes more power at the wheel because of the carbon driveshaft which makes less drivetrain lost. So it actually makes more power at the wheel. ANd it weights less for about at least 200lb depences on year.
S2000: Stock to stock it's a driver's race or you might able because it makes less tq. But also keep in mind it also weight much less. If it has bolt ons the G wont stand a chance because the S2000 respond very well with bolt ons
Cars that are more expensive than the G.
So basically you won't able to beat any cars that weight less and make about the same power or any cars that make more power and weight about the same.

FYI: If you put enought $$ to FI it you can even beat cars that are more expensive than the G. My car had beaten a 997 C2S on the track. And a Cayman S with R tires almost crashed because it was trying to keep up with mine.

Also please keep your head out of FnF. It's just a movie.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by j-velocity
I have no idea why would you guys think the G35 is slow.
Its definatily not the fastest thing around.
BUt it's no where near slow.
The G would easily beat a RX-8 with out any problem.
I have beaten a Cayman S 986 with just a few bolt ons (it was very close though).
A RSX-S with exhaust from what I can tell can't catch up with me.
I have beaten a 04 STi at a 60-120mph rolling with bolt ons.
I have beaten a 04 WRX althought I mis-shift a 3rd gear stock.
So I have no idea why would you guys consider it's a slow car.
It makes about 240ish whp at dyno jet which is about the same as the GD STi or CT Evo but you won't stand a chance running against both from start because both cars got the advantage of 4WD lanuch and they weight much less

Cars you won't stand a chance:
MazdaSpeed3 and any SRT-4: Those things are so damn fast
Evo, STi from still: Because of the 4WD lanuch and weight less
IS350: It's automatic is smooth.
335i: It actually makes about 270whp and maxium tq at 2000rpm. Don't be fooled by the 300hp ad. It makes way more than that.
Any HR: It makes way more power than the DE
stock 350Z: Both cars makes about the same crank power but it makes more power at the wheel because of the carbon driveshaft which makes less drivetrain lost. So it actually makes more power at the wheel. ANd it weights less for about at least 200lb depences on year.
S2000: Stock to stock it's a driver's race or you might able because it makes less tq. But also keep in mind it also weight much less. If it has bolt ons the G wont stand a chance because the S2000 respond very well with bolt ons
Cars that are more expensive than the G.
So basically you won't able to beat any cars that weight less and make about the same power or any cars that make more power and weight about the same.

FYI: If you put enought $$ to FI it you can even beat cars that are more expensive than the G. My car had beaten a 997 C2S on the track. And a Cayman S with R tires almost crashed because it was trying to keep up with mine.

Also please keep your head out of FnF. It's just a movie.
So what is your time on the 1/4? I bet it's in the 13's.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
LOL at some of the responses in this thread.

First of all, if ANYONE cannot beat a stock civic SI in their stock G35, they need to 1) get driving lessons 2) stop bench racing and actually race one (on the track ofcourse ). It's hilarious how many people talk with absolutely no experience. "Well, my friend said this"..."According to youtube, this minivan can keep up", "Well, this magazine got a 0-60 time of 6.454575 seconds!". Then they wonder why there's so much misinformation going around

And lastly, why do people worry so much about who's faster and who's not? We are not the fastest car in the world, and there will be many who are faster (and vice versa). The best way to find out who's faster and who's not is by actually doing some racing or by doing some research (keeping in mind the variations of conditions which affect the times you hear about).

Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Depends on skills...

In youtube, automatic with 20" did 0 to 60 within 6 seconds. about 5.8~
Pretty impressive that it was automatic.

How many people can utilize 100% of G's power?..

P.S. my friend has a is250 and told me he beat 335i. Also he told me that he did drift with is250. I was laughing whole day...cuz I beat him (driving my daily car 03 c240).

Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
So what is your time on the 1/4? I bet it's in the 13's.
I havn't really did a 1/4 time. I just run around a local circuit track. I enjoy running around the curves more than just 1/4 mile.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
a civic si beat a g? well i havent seen even an rsx beat a g stock for stock but yet again its not like i go out trying to see it, all i gotta say is g is fast enough to keep up with the avarge Ricer but its by no means fast enough to brag about it even with the blot ons

Old 04-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Who ever can't beat a stock Civic SI there are only two reasons
1: Something is seriously wrong with your car.
2: You can't drive ****. Go get some driving lesson.

There are a lot of people saying the stock Civic Si makes 190ish whp but at what rpm and what tq??
It's still only a FWD 2.0L I4 NA by any mean.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by EF21
Today i played with a porsche while going into a canyon pass. Of course i paid respects by staying behind but once the curve hit that say 25mph and i am going 65 of course on one is on the road but us. it does depend on the driver cause on straight ways he would go but on curves i would easily pass him and we all know he should have won. once we stop and converse he ask if had a turbo or where was the extra power coming from. All i said was good tires and great driver.
my g is stock.

TAKE THEM ON THE CURVES
If you really think that you can take a porsche in the curves, you need to go play in traffic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs ???