Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

G35 vs ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I was at the track this last weekend and there were 2 civic si's, newest body. Neither even broke 15's. There were a lot of cars there from my school the G could beat. There was an S2k with intake and exhaust and when he hooked ran 14.2 I think.

But personally I've taken my friends tC (full boltons) A few WRX's (most from a stop...sad I know) and surprisingly, an SVT lightning. Lightning at track only ran 14.4 and that was a hopped up one, one I raced was stock. I don't look for races, but I will accept one.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Uda880
^The guy obviously didn't know how to drive.
All those cars need a flash- My buddy has one.. Would be a fantastic car if the traction control didn't run that car.

335i that is.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 335=NO
G37=NO
BMW 328=Yes
STI=NO
ACURA TL TYPE S (new shape)=Drivers Race
ACURA TL TYPE S (previous shape)=Drivers Race

Old 04-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my mom has a 535 that she had chipped. man that thing is fast. sport transmission and sport suspension are just so fun in that car. it' funny though, you can be doing 90 and not know it. so yeah i would assume many of the 335's out there should be flashed and they will destroy our cars.

mods to make my car faster- take out the 2 12's in the trunk and put back the stock 18's. its still quick though which is always fun for daily driving. i think its fun racing cars you know your going to lose to, you get to see how fast they are.

in my opinion, if a civic SI pulled up to a 911 turbo, the turbo wouldn't give him the time of day. if a G pulled up next to a turbo, i think they would have a lot more respect and actually show you what they got. that's good enough for me :-)

Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
If you really think that you can take a porsche in the curves, you need to go play in traffic.
As a past evo owner, and now a g35 owner. That is exactly what i thought!
never ever ever ever compare a g35 to a porsche. 2 totally diff types of cars, the only vehicle they make heavier than a g"35" is the suv, and the turbo one would smoke a g too.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by drifts500
P.S. my friend has a is250 and told me he beat 335i. Also he told me that he did drift with is250. I was laughing whole day...cuz I beat him (driving my daily car 03 c240).
Strange, I had a C240 and an IS250. Both are slow but the C240 was slower, it was even 6 speed.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Bench racing is much better than real racing. No tickets or broken parts. I have twin turbos would I beat a Shelby GT 500?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
WhosUrBuddiee:

You Sir are an idiot. Everyone has their opinions and you need to learn to f****n accept it. You talk like you know everything. first of all, my post was based on my past and present experience with both the G35 as well as other cars I have owned (including some on that list)

I didn't say the G35 was the fastest car on the road, i clearly stated how fast it can be and that it isn't as slow of a car as you put it out to be.
you must be some really old f** who instead of giving a proper argument, puts down others.

There are civics, there are STIs.. but have you ever been inside an STI? the interior is next to the piece of turd that my dog put out last night.. its not a luxury car and when you have leather seats, comfort, and other ****, you scarifice weight.

A Ninja is faster then 99% of the cars out there, doesn't mean those cars are slow.

Like i said, with $$$, anything is possible. If you spend your money on mods, you will get something back in return. You can pick up a volkswagen phaeton for under 20K with a V12 or a modded civic for under 5K and still win a battle with the g35. of course, the phaeton doesn't give you the mileage or the looks, and the civic is just a POS.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
nice car.. just wondering how come you opt'd to go with the 5/16" spacers instead of the 1/2 when you got FI

Originally Posted by j-velocity
I have no idea why would you guys think the G35 is slow.
Its definatily not the fastest thing around.
BUt it's no where near slow.
The G would easily beat a RX-8 with out any problem.
I have beaten a Cayman S 986 with just a few bolt ons (it was very close though).
A RSX-S with exhaust from what I can tell can't catch up with me.
I have beaten a 04 STi at a 60-120mph rolling with bolt ons.
I have beaten a 04 WRX althought I mis-shift a 3rd gear stock.
So I have no idea why would you guys consider it's a slow car.
It makes about 240ish whp at dyno jet which is about the same as the GD STi or CT Evo but you won't stand a chance running against both from start because both cars got the advantage of 4WD lanuch and they weight much less

Cars you won't stand a chance:
MazdaSpeed3 and any SRT-4: Those things are so damn fast
Evo, STi from still: Because of the 4WD lanuch and weight less
IS350: It's automatic is smooth.
335i: It actually makes about 270whp and maxium tq at 2000rpm. Don't be fooled by the 300hp ad. It makes way more than that.
Any HR: It makes way more power than the DE
stock 350Z: Both cars makes about the same crank power but it makes more power at the wheel because of the carbon driveshaft which makes less drivetrain lost. So it actually makes more power at the wheel. ANd it weights less for about at least 200lb depences on year.
S2000: Stock to stock it's a driver's race or you might able because it makes less tq. But also keep in mind it also weight much less. If it has bolt ons the G wont stand a chance because the S2000 respond very well with bolt ons
Cars that are more expensive than the G.
So basically you won't able to beat any cars that weight less and make about the same power or any cars that make more power and weight about the same.

FYI: If you put enought $$ to FI it you can even beat cars that are more expensive than the G. My car had beaten a 997 C2S on the track. And a Cayman S with R tires almost crashed because it was trying to keep up with mine.

Also please keep your head out of FnF. It's just a movie.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
G's are very nice cars but the again before i bought the car i know it isnt that fast compare to many other cars out there in the same price range or less but instead i bought the car because i enjoy the luxury comfort that g's can offer that other's cant.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Freddiet
As a past evo owner, and now a g35 owner. That is exactly what i thought!
never ever ever ever compare a g35 to a porsche. 2 totally diff types of cars, the only vehicle they make heavier than a g"35" is the suv, and the turbo one would smoke a g too.
Only if you don't consider Boxster, Boxster S, Cayman, and Cayman S as porsche.
the 986 are slow and the 987 aren't that fast either.
It would be a driver race against the both the Boxster S and Cayman S.
The Cayman S and Boxster S are a little faster than stock G but it would make the difference smaller if you have boolt ons.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by t7n7
nice car.. just wondering how come you opt'd to go with the 5/16" spacers instead of the 1/2 when you got FI
I have got the 5/16 spacer and MREV+ second day I got the car but I didnt FI it untill last summer.
5/16 would be better for NA back then and I have never thought about FI'ing the car.
So right now IF i am going to change my intake plenum I will go for Cosworth.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned
Best friend has a 1993 JDM Supra TT (AUTO) - the G35 can run with that, but the Supra will win over 120km/hr

Same friend also has a Can Ver 1995 JDM Supra TT (6sp) - and the G can not keep up.

The Supra is a fine car for its age no doubt. The G though has more sex appeal and is fast and has some luxury and it also modern in design and technology. Supra is now old school flavor, the rubber is old design, the interior and exterior etc...

A car from that time that is timeless in design is the NSX. The fit, finish, interior, panals, leather etc... in a 1991 + model far exceeds that of the Supra. I have driven both and spent countless hours with both. My opinion. Speed is something but not everything.

I have an S13 with SR20DET and I take off and keep going from the Supra TT 6 Speed - seriously. Less weight, and 320 to the ground will make this happen. All for $6000 vs $30000 for the TT 6sp. Yes different class of cars - but if you want speed... there it is.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
well since id get flamed for posting a new thread and ill probly get flamed for posting in here too, minus well not take up space and just post here, jejejeje

06 G coupe 6mt
VS
EG civic coupe with B16
EG civic coupe with GSR
EG Civic Si
EG civic hatch with GSR
Interga GSR

Last edited by eljoker; 04-22-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
lol at some of the responses in this thread.

First of all, if anyone cannot beat a stock civic si in their stock g35, they need to 1) get driving lessons 2) stop bench racing and actually race one (on the track ofcourse ). It's hilarious how many people talk with absolutely no experience. "well, my friend said this"..."according to youtube, this minivan can keep up", "well, this magazine got a 0-60 time of 6.454575 seconds!". Then they wonder why there's so much misinformation going around hboy:

And lastly, why do people worry so much about who's faster and who's not? We are not the fastest car in the world, and there will be many who are faster (and vice versa). The best way to find out who's faster and who's not is by actually doing some racing or by doing some research (keeping in mind the variations of conditions which affect the times you hear about).
+1 !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 vs ???