Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

SoCal Fontana 1/4Mile Drag Event!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoCal Fontana 1/4Mile Drag Event!

Whats going on guys my name is David, im a moderator over at 350zmotoring.com and i organize a bunch of Z/G cruises and events from time to time. In my past meets/cruises i have organized we normally have a good 15-25 350z's (depending on the occation) but only a hand full at most G35's. i would really like to change that and have just as many G35's rolling with us as there is 350z's! i mean come on..the g35 and 350z are family!

okay with that being said, i am starting to put together an event at the quarter mile drag strip in fontana. It will take place on Saturday October 30th! it would be great if you guys that are local could drop a few lines in this thread so i get your s/n's down in order for me to PM you and keep in touch.

Exact times and meeting location will be put together by me and posted in this thread. its still a month away but i am already super excited to meet you all and have a little cruise together with 10-20 G's/Z's to the strip.

thanks!
David

Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
I'd love to go but last time I was there I waited all day to only get 3 runs.

Maybe I'm just spoiled at the local 1/8 mile races where we can basically hot lap it all night (30-50 runs) and never have to wait in line.

I'll seriously put this on the maybe list as I might be at Sacramento Raceway that weekend.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I'd love to go but last time I was there I waited all day to only get 3 runs.

Maybe I'm just spoiled at the local 1/8 mile races where we can basically hot lap it all night (30-50 runs) and never have to wait in line.

I'll seriously put this on the maybe list as I might be at Sacramento Raceway that weekend.
Whats up jairen! i hear you, i guess it really depends what time you get there and maybe a little bit of luck that not many cars show haha the last time i went back in June we got over 10 runs in. my friends didnt even want to race anymore since they got so many runs but i was completely hooked to the strip haha i couldnt stop lining up till they closed. what i like about fontana is that everyone races in groups so as we waited for our group to be called, we just hung out and talked about cars lol. there are a lot of cars there so its like a car show in itself lol u know..uve been there
this time when we go i'll bring a car tent so we can have some shade and maybe a few chairs and a bbq wouldnt be a bad idea. also some ice coolers etc.
ive been challenged to a few rematches so im looking forward to those, I'd love to race a few G35's also and just beat my best time..it was 14.1 but it was super hot when we raced so hopefully i'll be able to break into the 13's now. my 60foot isnt the greatest but practice makes perfect! I'd be down to meet with you guys in SD some time and hit the 1/8th mile with you. i have a few friends with Z's in SD that im sure would be down to come as well. btw i can arrange for you guys to come down to LA together so the drive wouldnt be as boring..

Old 09-21-2010, 02:35 AM
If you ever come down to SD, let me know. I'm always there and see all the G's and Z's there.

If you ever make the trip to Sacramento Raceway, you'll hit 13's. I hit a 13.8@105 with barely any mods.

If I'm in town and have someone to roll with me, I'll come to the event.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
wow did you drive your car up to sacramento? i mean track conditions are definately ideal..35' elevation and it seems to be relatively cool at most times. lol maybe we'll have a road trip up there some time..but then we gotta spend the night cuz it wouldnt be worth it to drive up there just for the day. haha
SD is definately doable, my girl lives in LaJolla so im up there at least once a month. im sure i can get her to come to the strip with us for the day/night would be fun! i can definately arrange for you to meet people down in SD and come up together. where in SD are you staying at?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, I drove to Sacramento. My little brother goes to school there.

Sacramento is ideal in terms of elevation, but it can get into the triple digits in the summer. It is considered one of the "fastest" 1/4 mile tracks in California. They have test and tune in the morning and grudge races at night.

Let me know if you want to come to SD to race. We have 2 1/8 mile tracks here. I live about 5 minutes away.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
1/4 in fontana sounds fun..Think i'ma go there soon..