Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

New PB 13.147 G35 5AT

  #46  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:31 PM
djamps's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,602
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
^^ in the dark video at the end how long were you boosted? I can hear some rod knock or piston slap in it when you revved and took off into the night.
 
  #47  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by djamps View Post
^^ in the dark video at the end how long were you boosted? I can hear some rod knock or piston slap in it when you revved and took off into the night.
I was boosted for a about a yr, but only drove the car 4 months. VRT told me it was piston slap the car sounded like a diesel truck with the built engine kind of embarrassing.
 
  #48  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 PM
JaE35's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (37)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 8,300
Liked 794 Times in 670 Posts
G35 Sedan
kinetix plenum and the 5/16th spacer create any issues together or did i read that wrong?

*nvm, old thread lol
 
  #49  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35 View Post
kinetix plenum and the 5/16th spacer create any issues together or did i read that wrong?

*nvm, old thread lol
No problems you have to add something to the center post to take up the gap. I screwed a rubber washer into the post.

The plenum will suck down when the car is started and under load. I ran my 13.1 with that set up.
 
  #50  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 AM
35Alive's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 343
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up

You're an inspiration man, just ran my stock 2006 G35 5AT for the first time today. Best ET was 15.009. I wanted to break into the 14's sooooo bad! Good to see a fellow 5AT guy about to get into the 12's even! I've got a mod list pretty similar to yours so I got my fingers crossed I see the results you did.
 
  #51  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (48)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,293
Liked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 35Alive View Post
You're an inspiration man, just ran my stock 2006 G35 5AT for the first time today. Best ET was 15.009. I wanted to break into the 14's sooooo bad! Good to see a fellow 5AT guy about to get into the 12's even! I've got a mod list pretty similar to yours so I got my fingers crossed I see the results you did.
either your elevation/temp stinks or your driving stinks. My fat AWD ( +400lbs more then RWD) pulled a 14.8 pretty much bone stock with a Ztube. Sadly i went back the following year and it was about 20degrees hotter witha 5/16 spacer and ran the exact same time.

i'm aiming for 14.3 my next time back with a tune + HFC.
 
  #52  
Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
rpm06g35's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,629
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
You guys are going to love this. For sure he should break into the 12's this year. Hes got some new stuff on the g, all motor still. Good luck d mike
 
  #53  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe* View Post
either your elevation/temp stinks or your driving stinks. My fat AWD ( +400lbs more then RWD) pulled a 14.8 pretty much bone stock with a Ztube. Sadly i went back the following year and it was about 20degrees hotter witha 5/16 spacer and ran the exact same time.

i'm aiming for 14.3 my next time back with a tune + HFC.
probably the weather for g35alive and his inexperience which he will get better with practice. Also you have AWD which helps out with your launch

I think my 1st run ever was 14.5 with just a stillen intake, borla exhaust, and TS reflash back in 04. I think my RT was 1.3 and my 60ft was 2.4 now I pull 2.1-1.8 60fts with lots of practice.
 
  #54  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm06g35 View Post
You guys are going to love this. For sure he should break into the 12's this year. Hes got some new stuff on the g, all motor still. Good luck d mike
Hopefully I will run 12's this yr N/A with my new mods and the weather.

I'm at 265hp on a dynojet up 15hp over my previous tune (thanks rpm06g35) which I ran the 13.14 with. Hopefully my latest mods will net me 275-285 N/A on a 5AT.

I will just say my newest 2 mods have not been tested and I will be the 1st as far as I know.

Just waiting on one to be made and the other shipped.
 
  #55  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by 35Alive View Post
You're an inspiration man, just ran my stock 2006 G35 5AT for the first time today. Best ET was 15.009. I wanted to break into the 14's sooooo bad! Good to see a fellow 5AT guy about to get into the 12's even! I've got a mod list pretty similar to yours so I got my fingers crossed I see the results you did.
here is a video of a 13.3 run for you inside and out and a vid of me racing 03basesedan who is also modded, but untuned.

http://youtu.be/CQapQtM-jNQ

http://youtu.be/1JiBHtPHDhQ

http://youtu.be/Qb3XHT1WICY
 
  #56  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 AM
t6378tp's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 153
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I ran a 14.2 at 96 or 97 with a intake spacer, z tube, test pipes and tune on heavy rim and worn street tires. My best 60ft was a 2.2 due to the tires, wheel alignment and not pulling the brake fuse.
This is on a 05 coupe auto, I now have a revup airbox, ypipe and corrected alignment and shooting for a 13.99
 
  #57  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
djamps's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,602
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
My buddy did [email protected], with a 1.9 60ft his first time out last friday. Bone stock to the wheels, 120k miles on the ODO. Go high mileage unmodded G's LOL
 
  #58  
Old 08-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by t6378tp View Post
I ran a 14.2 at 96 or 97 with a intake spacer, z tube, test pipes and tune on heavy rim and worn street tires. My best 60ft was a 2.2 due to the tires, wheel alignment and not pulling the brake fuse.
This is on a 05 coupe auto, I now have a revup airbox, ypipe and corrected alignment and shooting for a 13.99
Still stock exhaust? I still have the VQ.
 
  #59  
Old 08-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Owings Mills MD
Posts: 2,729
Liked 84 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by djamps View Post
My buddy did [email protected], with a 1.9 60ft his first time out last friday. Bone stock to the wheels, 120k miles on the ODO. Go high mileage unmodded G's LOL
Sam was fast that day.
 
  #60  
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (48)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,293
Liked 50 Times in 44 Posts
weather is getting cooler and this thread is making me want to try again at the 1/4
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: New PB 13.147 G35 5AT


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: