Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Paddle shifters for 2003 with OEM steering wheel and OEM LOOK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddle shifters for 2003 with OEM steering wheel and OEM LOOK

Ok so this has been an on going question but can someone please answer this??? I know works bell kit has a kit that allows you to use the oem wheel but the paddles sit to low in my opinion. Has anyone custom fitted v36 paddles on a 2003 or is there a kit out there that looks like the 350gt-8??? I remember seeing a post a while back that someone custom fit paddles on the g35 coupe and it looked awesome who was that?? also here is a video of a guy who did what i am trying to do
Has anyone done this or can help explain what i need to do this i want an oem look PLEASE HELP

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SDGenralcounsel did this I think...ask him

Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Got the OEM ones in my 03..

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 PM
you can get the ones that require an aftermarket steering wheel, or you can get the new kit that you can use your OEM wheel.

Works Bell makes the aftermarket kits. They are imported and sold by ASPEC, which is a vendor on my350z

You can also attempt to install the OEM paddles (Zach was buildings kits to do this but he is not longer attempting to), but the paddles themselves are inexpensive.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Anyone know someone who can copy the A/T electric kit?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:40 AM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Very interesting... nice to see your true character come out. Lawrence, I am giving you a warning about the paddle shifter kit right now. If you attempt to copy the control unit that I gave you to test, I will inform my contact in Japan that holds the patent for it and we will take legal action. There's a DIY by the guy that installed them on the FX, and there is a control unit DIY in there. Use that if you feel the need to rip off another product I've been working on.

Since you want to start problems, I might just contact the company the manufactures of the brake bracket (that I also got for you to test), forward all your contact info, and inform them that you are counterfeiting their products.

I tried to keep things civil and you had to start trouble, just like you always do. Its incredible that up until a couple days ago I truly considered you a friend... now because I called you on going behind my back on the bracket, you're on the attack.

There are plenty of people on here that know what's going on - my reputation and character are pretty solid. So post your response (that will make you look like the victim), edit it a few times and get it just right, tell people that I'm reading into things, that you're just outspoken - a union rep, do whatever it takes to justify your backstabbing behavior... and then leave it alone.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zackt69
Very interesting... nice to see your true character come out. Lawrence, I am giving you a warning about the paddle shifter kit right now. If you attempt to copy the control unit that I gave you to test, I will inform my contact in Japan that holds the patent for it and we will take legal action. There's a DIY by the guy that installed them on the FX, and there is a control unit DIY in there. Use that if you feel the need to rip off another product I've been working on.

Since you want to start problems, I might just contact the company the manufactures of the brake bracket (that I also got for you to test), forward all your contact info, and inform them that you are counterfeiting their products.

I tried to keep things civil and you had to start trouble, just like you always do. Its incredible that up until a couple days ago I truly considered you a friend... now because I called you on going behind my back on the bracket, you're on the attack.

There are plenty of people on here that know what's going on - my reputation and character are pretty solid. So post your response (that will make you look like the victim), edit it a few times and get it just right, tell people that I'm reading into things, that you're just outspoken - a union rep, do whatever it takes to justify your backstabbing behavior... and then leave it alone.
DAYUM!!

Burn

Old 09-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBALLA
Ok so this has been an on going question but can someone please answer this??? I know works bell kit has a kit that allows you to use the oem wheel but the paddles sit to low in my opinion. Has anyone custom fitted v36 paddles on a 2003 or is there a kit out there that looks like the 350gt-8??? I remember seeing a post a while back that someone custom fit paddles on the g35 coupe and it looked awesome who was that?? also here is a video of a guy who did what i am trying to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklh3KWAv-4 Has anyone done this or can help explain what i need to do this i want an oem look PLEASE HELP
I ordered mine too, from Works. And been thinking to do exactly the same thing as that one. It's great to see it'll work but without the cover which is suxs.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by zackt69

I think you abandoned this project the paddle shifters..At least that is what I heard..Patents might be held and a few changes here aand there are legal.

The bracket well it was bound to happen. After 5 months you had every chance to make them. You sold a few and chose not to make the bracket $600 is steep.

I guess you copying ARC is different. I have no beef with you. It is clear that trying to make things cheaper and to finish projects that people said you stopped doing is wrong then I'm guilty as charged.
Yeah I edit my posts to make sure the point gets right.
I guess in order to be justified and to have a seal of approval it needs the "crew" approval or stamp or come from that camp. And do you think I give a FVCK who likes me ?
You either like me or you don't....I'm a Victim?????????No I speak my mind on BS

Look who is attacking reputations. I didn't see any post on your "reputation"or name until you sent me that PM. which reads:

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck on your new brake bracket endeavor... it's obviously bolted to your car from the pics in this thread. With all the help, and drama I've ignored in the past, I consider this a slap in the face, and will definitely not be there next time you need help.

If i'm wrong tell me... but from what I've heard, I've been waiting for these to come out. So, best of luck-

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-f...t-g37-bbk.html

So if you have been waiting for them to come out I guess you are ready to order?

Need my phone to contact whoever???????

I expect a full on attack here so bring it......

Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
1 more thing...
Does the word Replica mean anything? On here it is done everyday....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
1 more thing...
Does the word Replica mean anything? On here it is done everyday....
So a $520 bracket I bought from you was as a test part? Doesn't make sense to buy a test part........especially at that price....I got a friend $80 discount..Plus yes you installed them free. Same with the Paddle shifters..
I'm not the one who basis friendship on parts or money..I clearly waited ample time..Has nothing to do with me as a person....

So by having my bracket made and to be sold for $220 is trouble? I guess Greddy,ARC,Mackin,Top Secret,kentstyle, volks etc could use the same argument that "trouble "is being started and patents are being copied.. Seems like you have opened a can of worms....

I'm done, but if this continues then I will go as far as you want..It went like this with someone before on here so I'm ready to tango.....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:48 AM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice... your response was just as expected. You are never wrong, and always doing everything for the "little man" - a real champion of the people I guess. You always put this front forward that you don't care what people think, and you don't care if you win... but out of anyone I know, you care the most and need the most attention. You are only outspoken when you don't get the attention, and as long as you are the focus, then everything is cool. And by the way, there's a difference between being outspoken, and being a complete d!ck. So keep telling yourself whatever you need to.

As far as starting a project that someone stopped... when did I say that I stopped? When did I give you permission to copy my work? You know you are 1 of only 2 people besides me to have that kit, I gave it to you to test. If you really weren't trying to hide anything, you would have run it by me - you know you're wrong.

What have I copied from ARC, and more importantly put for sale on a public forum? I made an undertray for a couple of friends, that is similar to the ARC part, but I did not copy or trace the ARC part - my design is different, but the concept is the same. I have never, and will never make a 1 for 1 copy of anything, so point your finger somewhere else, you're grasping at straws.

Whatever man, I'm seriously done with you-

Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I didn't say anything about the little man. I don't need to be right....I care less. Well so be it I'm a D!CK.....What did I copy? I ran the bracket idea by you 2 times and you said you didn't want the liability. And I was approached by the guy not me going out to get anyone to make the bracket. I was approached by another member on here months ago. I let him trace the bracket. Plenty of people want to make the bracket, did you think it was going to stay uncopied? The Paddle shifters well I offered mine up after the fact and after the Pm.

So I will inform Sean to make the bracket a bit different..Again He asked me..

Anyway think what you want and hate me.......Line Up Brother.........

Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the OEM paddle shift kit from Zack and it's badass. Paddles are firmly in place and positioned right. Good oem feel. There was a thread about it but it got deleted or something.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
wow, this kit has spiraled out of control.

Zach, I don't think Lawrence is attempting to sell the kit (just help people out). It honestly would be stupid to attempt to sell a "OEM" paddle shifter kit because the Works Bell kit (which was in the works when you were attempting to offer your kit) is available for a very minimal pice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paddle shifters for 2003 with OEM steering wheel and OEM LOOK