Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

CD009 Transmission and Clutch install - pedal adjustment help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CD009 Transmission and Clutch install - pedal adjustment help

Hi,
I just finished installing my new clutch and flywheel along with a low mileage CD009 Transmission. The transmission is from a an 05 or 06 and my coupe is an 03. I decided to buy a cd009 transmission when my transmission started popping out of 5th gear. I didnt feel the need to install it until it was time to change the clutch. Well the clutch started slipping about 3 weeks ago.

This whole job was a serious PITA especially since its about -5 degrees outside. I was in the garage with a propane heater and still freezing my *** off. Anyway the new transmission came with everything except the shifter bracket that holds the shifter to the transmission. So I had to use my 03 shifter bracket which dint quite bolt up the same so I had to modify it with some spacers.

Now that the transmission and new clutch/flywheel are in place, Im trying to adjust the clutch pedal. I was hoping that I would not have to adjust it but it became pretty obvious that I would have to because the pivot ball in the cd009 transmission is shorter then the pivot ball in the 03 transmission. (the fork that rides on the pivot ball is much stronger of a design.) Since the pivot ball is shorter I, believe the bottom of the fork is further away from the clutch master cylinder. Anyway I have followed these directions

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ent-point.html

and have tried adjusting the pedal. I first turned it the wrong which didnt engage the clutch at all. So I then turned the rod the oppiset direction and it definatly helped. The problem is that I have to push the pedal all the way down to the floor and as soon as I start to lift my foot off the pedal the car jumps forward and kills. So I adjusted it more but Im almost at the end of the rod and its still engaging and releaseing way to low. I tried to look up parts for the master cylinder thinking that there is a new master for 05-07 that I would need to replace my 03 with but the part numbers are the same for all the years.

is there a different way to adjust the pedal ???

If anyone can help please respond.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
bump

Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
Props to you for doing the swap. Most of the time the clutch engages too high. Hopefully you can get it figured out.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
thanks! Im starting to think that Im the only person thats ever done this tranny swap.

I have about 75 miles on the new clutch and tranny and everything seems to be working fine. shifting is smooth. Im getting getting use to the low engagement point but I would rather make it higher by an inch or two.

Last edited by DRIZCOL; 01-07-2009 at 01:12 AM.