Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Transmission Flush Shocker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Not having syncro problems the dealership won't fix FTMFW
Not having to go through multiple trannies due to broken syncros FTMFW
Not having to listen to clicking/ticking throw-out bearings FTMFW
Not having a tranny that's on it's 8th redesign to fix reliability issues FTMFW
Not having a dual-mass flywheel that techically can't be resurfaced FTMFW
Not having to replace a clutch after 30K miles of drag racing FTMFW
Not having cement mixer sounds come from the tranny FTMFW

These 6MT vs 5AT arguments get old.
Not wasting your money modding a pussmatic FTMFW
Not drag racing like an idiot with a street car FTMFW
Not messing up your syncros because you dont know how to drive a standard properly FTMFW
Not having a 5AT with a busted tiptronic that only lets you upshift and not downshift FTMFW
Not having to live with a pussmatic and having a set of brass ones FTMFW

Yea your right the argument does get old maybe people should just learn how to drive instead on my 4th manual car without EVER having syncro or tranny problems FTMFW

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 03-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 07PEARL6MT
Not messing up your syncros because you dont know how to drive a standard properly FTMFW
Not having a 5AT with a busted tiptronic that only lets you upshift and not downshift FTMFW

Yea your right the argument does get old maybe people should just learn how to drive instead on my 4th manual car without EVER having syncro or tranny problems FTMFW
You sound like you're 10 years old. Why get so worked up over what kind of transmission someone else has? Doesn't surprise me though, there's always a handful of people like you in every car crowd.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I specifically asked for a tranny flush for my car, and nissan quoted $139. Unless they just do a drain and fill, but the quote was over the phone for a flush. Maybe the guy misquoted, who knows until I actually schedule it. I'll follow up with more info.

As for not using J Matic, why wouldn't they have it. It's the same tranny that they'll service for the z's. I don't know for a fact, but I would highly doubt that nissan uses 4 or 5 different auto tranny fluids for all of their different models of cars.

I know J Matic is originally used for max's, so that max's, z's, and g's that all use j-matic. And you know people aren't taking their honda's in to the nissan dealership for service.

I bought my car used at a honda dealership, and they offered $20 oil changes for anyone that bought a car there. But they wouldn't change my oil there because they don't stock the oil filter sizes. Typically, dealerships only service their makes of cars. They're not gonna stock parts for every type of vehicle on the market. But that's just my logic, I don't have any facts to back this up, so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You do know a clutch and a flywheel don't come cheap and install is expensive right...

Just because you have a 6MT doesn't make your car a race car lol. The 6mt is slower than the 5at lol

Not messing up your syncros because you dont know how to drive a standard properly
Having messed up synchros is a design defect, not user error. You are a newb for making that statement. Everyone knows the 6MT is a giant POS and a paperweight after being driven hard with. There are guys on my350z that have been through 3+ 6MT transmissions drag racing.

When does that ever happen. Name one person that has broken their transmission. If one were ever to do this, it WOULD be user error.

My ***** is still bigger, and in traffic my legs feel better. Plus, it may be a "pussmatic" but it's easier to get road head in with than in a 6MT car...

All statements deflated, thank you come again!

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 03-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
You do know a clutch and a flywheel don't come cheap and install is expensive right...

Price an Auto tranny rebuild lately?

Just because you have a 6MT doesn't make your car a race car lol. The 6mt is slower than the 5at lol

Not what he said, it was a reference to your "boy racer driving".

Having messed up synchros is a design defect, not user error. You are a newb for making that statement. Everyone knows the 6MT is a giant POS and a paperweight after being driven hard with. There are guys on my350z that have been through 3+ 6MT transmissions drag racing.

My car's Four Raging Bull Texas Stampedes, Track time and quite a few 0-60 sprints say it's the "tranny" using the syncros, not the syncros in your tranny.

When does that ever happen. Name one person that has broken their transmission. If one were ever to do this, it WOULD be user error.

Only the guys with FI cars.

My ***** is still bigger, and in traffic my legs feel better. Plus, it may be a "pussmatic" but it's easier to get road head in with than in a 6MT car...

I wouldn't attempt RH in my car anytime. One good bump and it's a trip to the hospital to sew up her tonsils

Only your EGO and your *****.

72821 miles with NO PROBLEMS on my 6MT for the MFGDW. It's obvious you can't drive and need an auto, that's fine. Some have it some don't.

BTW, the Syncros do not have a design defect. They just don't want to be "speed shifted" like a 16 year old with his first car.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
I drive my 6mt like it's stolen since the day I bought it. Never any grinding or issues. Noisy yes, but who cares unless you're driving around like gradma drives to church on sundays or never listen to the radio?

Test drove both...5at was just too boring.

And not having to spend $$$$.$$ to upgrade valvebody and torque converter when I went TT...FTMFGDW

Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
You sound like you're 10 years old. Why get so worked up over what kind of transmission someone else has? Doesn't surprise me though, there's always a handful of people like you in every car crowd.
so you do it and its not immature right? get over yourself. Your the one that sounds immature by resulting to name calling now after being a hypocrite

Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel

My buddys 04 actually has a busted tiptronic and he cant shift down but can shift up. He was the example I was using, and no his car is 100% STOCK untouched.

Your friends on 350z went through 3+ trannys because they are stupid enough to take a street car and try to DRAG race with it You wanna drag? Try a 6 puck clutch with a proper set up not a factory clutch

How is 5AT faster? Ever get side by side with a 6MT and do a 3rd gear run? I can assure you the 5AT wont be pulling (ask me how I know )

I know my clutch and flywheel isnt cheap but then again why would I dump all this money into modding an auto?

Not only is my traffic leg feeling great it actually gets used, and road head is still a piece of cake.

Originally Posted by Texasscout
72821 miles with NO PROBLEMS on my 6MT for the MFGDW. It's obvious you can't drive and need an auto, that's fine. Some have it some don't.

BTW, the Syncros do not have a design defect. They just don't want to be "speed shifted" like a 16 year old with his first car.
Originally Posted by djamps
I drive my 6mt like it's stolen since the day I bought it. Never any grinding or issues. Noisy yes, but who cares unless you're driving around like gradma drives to church on sundays or never listen to the radio?

Test drove both...5at was just too boring.

And not having to spend $$$$.$$ to upgrade valvebody and torque converter when I went TT...FTMFGDW
Hey look people who know how to drive standards properly!

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 03-11-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
can we all just get along !

Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
how the hell did you guys get your Girlfriends to agree to road head?! what's the secret cause she wont go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!?!?!?1

Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM

My buddys 04 actually has a busted tiptronic and he cant shift down but can shift up. He was the example I was using, and no his car is 100% STOCK untouched.
I don't know what he did to his but I've been boosted for over a year now, and have not driven in manual mode for 2 years, and still no problems. I haven't even changed my tranny fluid yet.

Your friends on 350z went through 3+ trannys because they are stupid enough to take a street car and try to DRAG race with it You wanna drag? Try a 6 puck clutch with a proper set up not a factory clutch
you're dumb. Do a search for alberto, and tell me he's been dumb...

[QUOTE=07PEARL6MT;4002508]How is 5AT faster? Ever get side by side with a 6MT and do a 3rd gear run? I can assure you the 5AT wont be pulling (ask me how I know )

the 5AT shifts much faster. It's plain common sense. It doesn't matter what gear you're in, we'll sell win

I know my clutch and flywheel isnt cheap but then again why would I dump all this money into modding an auto?
in the end you will be paying around the same depending on how you modify each transmission. Again, do a search.

Not only is my traffic leg feeling great it actually gets used, and road head is still a piece of cake.
You give road head?

You never get used to traffic leg, especially not with an upgraded clutch. Especially in a busy city. If you live in the suburbs of course you would say you "get used to it".

newbie give up.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout

Is that why they warranty the tranmission, and replace it without even thinking about it? Pretty much every 350z has lost 3rd and 5th gear at one point. I know guys that have gone through 2 tranny replacements by nissan, and one is a professional race driver...

You have too many posts to argue with me on this....

Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by gomd3
how the hell did you guys get your Girlfriends to agree to road head?! what's the secret cause she wont go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!?!?!?1
tell her it's either road head, or **** lol

Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by sdgeneralcounsel
tell her it's either road head, or **** lol
lmfaooooooo +1

Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=SDGeneralCounsel;4002614]I don't know what he did to his but I've been boosted for over a year now, and have not driven in manual mode for 2 years, and still no problems. I haven't even changed my tranny fluid yet.

you're dumb. Do a search for alberto, and tell me he's been dumb...

How is 5AT faster? Ever get side by side with a 6MT and do a 3rd gear run? I can assure you the 5AT wont be pulling (ask me how I know )

the 5AT shifts much faster. It's plain common sense. It doesn't matter what gear you're in, we'll sell win

in the end you will be paying around the same depending on how you modify each transmission. Again, do a search.

You give road head?

You never get used to traffic leg, especially not with an upgraded clutch. Especially in a busy city. If you live in the suburbs of course you would say you "get used to it".

newbie give up.
Ok son let me clear this up since you cant read.

you and your friends are total idiots for trying to DRAG race a G35 or 350z. MAYBE a road race but these are still street cars.

the fact you HAVNT used your manuel mode prooves what again? Your more likly to break something if you actually use it. how is not changing your fluid something to be proud of? lemme drive around for a couple years without changing my engine oil and try to brag on driver about it

Auto DOES NOT shift faster, if it did why did they invent SMG? Just because YOU cant shift faster doesnt make this true. Ever been in the car while someone goes WOT and shifts without ever taking their foot off the gas?

The 3rd gear in the tranny of the 6MT will DESTORY your 5AT ive done it before and ill do it everyday.

Again I didnt say anything about how much you would pay to mod a auto tranny I ask WHY would I waste my time doing it??? Its boring!

and I dont give road head (but youd probably like that homo bullcrap) but ill come to SD and let your girlfriend show you how she gives dome while I drive a 6MT

Last edited by 07PEARL6MT; 03-11-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
For Original topic,

I did transmission flush today at nissan dealership.

The base price of transmission flush at Nissan is 130 something,

However if you want to use J matic( you should), it will be around 200(Mine was 205)

because J matic is more expansive than their base oil price

69.95 for labor
108.20 for oil(10.82 X 10qts)
23.50 for Flush kit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transmission Flush Shocker