Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Tranny Number 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny Number 2

Hey Guys,

I posted a wierd issue with my transmission about 8 months ago where I couldnt get my car to shift into 5th gear properly. It was as if I had to take the shifter and move it to the left slightly to get the shifter into 5th gear. Well infinit replaced my transmission and the issue was resolved but here I am 6 months later (they replaced it in November) and I have the problem even worse now. It now affects 5th and 6th gear and its difficult to drive when you cant get your car into gear.

Im going to the dealer again as they dont know where the problem is and they want to take the transmission apart and call into the tech line to see where the problem can be since it doesnt seem that this issue is related to the transmission.

Has anyone seen this before? Cant believe Im having a repeat problem with my transmission.

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
He said tranny

idk just keep your fingurs crossed, and hope you get a new one free of charge

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
it may be a long shot, but have they checked the guide plate for the reverse?
if they adjust it too much to the left, it will get really difficult to shift into 5th and 6th.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Whats a guide plate? I think that makes sense because something has to be between me and the gear box to make sure I put it in the right place right?

I am going into the dealer who fixed it on Wednesday in Toronto so I will ask them to check that. Is that the part they would know in service?

Thanks for this awesome info.

SG

Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
the guide plate is there to prevent you from shifting into reverse while you are driving. (i.e. going into reverse instead of from 5th to 6th would be a really bad thing)

it would boggle my mind if your dealer did not check for that prior to replacing your 1st transmission though...

if it does end up being your guide plate needing a little adjustment,
i would highly recommend you to find another dealer if possible.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I wouldnt put it past them...they are big time idiots and have have screwed up my servicing in the past but since they replaced my tranny the first time I have to go back to them for it now.

I been servicing my car at another dealer from there on.

I will have em check that...thanks alot!!

SG

Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
So just to Laugh...I take it into Downtown infiniti in toronto and left the car there. I get a call at 3:30 saying they just drove the car and cant find an issue. Markham infiniti sat in the car and tried shifting and knew it was messed completely. Difference...downtown replaced my tranny and dont wanna re-do the work where Markham is willing to try and help.

Un F&%$*ng believable.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
yea, it's sad but there are huge differences between each dealers...

even though they are all "infiniti", i guess it's only as good as the people running the place.

corporate should be doing a random screening to each dealer,
and rate their customer satisfaction, but i guess that would take too much time and expose their incompetancy.

so you got another tranny?
or there really wasn't an issue to begin with?

either way, at least you got a new tranny out of it, assuming they did a good job with the transplant.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
so good I have the exact same issue again. Thats why I have to go back. I dont get it man!! LOL. I just got off the phone with the dealer and he said that Markham infiniti should have been able to do the work and doesnt know why they pawned it over to Downtown infiniti. Since it clear that I am not going back down there I dont know what he is going to discuss with them.

Its funny cuz I told him his service staff are idiots and he cant explain why he couldnt find the issue and markham infiniti can. Anyway This is going to turn out pretty interesting...I wonder what will happen next.