Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Need clutch advise...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need clutch advise...

Fairly new to the forum... whats up all!! Looking forward to some insight...

Here is my issue...

I have a 2005 6MT coupe... had clutch pedal issues early summer... clutch pedal not returning... dealer said clutch problem and best to do throw out bearing under warranty and they will examine the clutch. Of course as you can imagine they said the clutch had alot of wear and suggested replacement. When they told me how much i almost dropped... now never did or does my clutch slip so i told them to clean it up and put it back together. Well i came home and looked at the forum and then went back to them and asked to repl slave cylinder to solve pedal issue... that worked and pedal still feels fine. However, it seems that since they cleaned out the clutch it is harder to put the shifter into gear. It seems like the clutch is engading ok but just hard to push into gear. i dont grind it or nothing but sometime it takes a little push to get it into gear

1 - Is this issue caused by bad clutch/flywheel?

2 - Am i doing any other damage other than to the clutch/flywheel by driving it like this?

3 - Recommendations for a moderate clutch/flywheel kit for moderate driver

I dont drive it often and not hard... not too hard anyway!

Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In truth the most likely cause is that the shifter is just slightly miss-adjusted. There are four bolts on the plate that centers and maintains the location of the shift lever and the instructions for adjusting it can be found in the factory service manual. It isn't that difficult to do this. In fact if you have a FAX number I can fax the applicable pages to you. I have had to do this on my own car...after the transmission was replaced under warranty and one of the bolts was left un-torqued. No biggie.

As for a clutch recommendation, if the above suggestion doesn't work I can say from experience that SPEC offers a great assembly. I am using the Stage 2+ clutch kit and Single-Mass steel flywheel now in my 06 and I have loved it. If you want something less agressive you can opt for the stage 1 or stage 2 offerings. Both have good drivability and offer improved capacity over the OE unit. I have provided a link to the page for the G below. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Infiniti/G35/2005/Single