Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Possible Slave Cylinder Noise....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Possible Slave Cylinder Noise....

I have searched for a few days now and can't quite find the answer I'm looking for on this issue. It is like a lot of other posts, but still a little different. When I push the clutch in, I hear a bit of popping, but the real problem is when I let it out, it sounds like it's a metal on metal sort of crack/pop. It does it when the car is cold and hot, and when it is off, and on. At first I thought it was the pedal itself, so I adjusted it where the pin can freely rotate, and sprayed some lube. Still noisy. Next day it seems to be worse, so I lifted the car and noticed that I could wiggle the rod coming out of the slave cylinder side to side, and it was rubbing on the fork going into the trans....and it wasn't really tight up against the fork either, is it supose to be? So I put some grease between the two and still the noise never went away. Also I noticed that the end of the fork could be wiggled a bit back and forth as well....Is this all normal? Or is something wrong here? It's getting to the point sometimes where I kill the car trying to just start out in 1st. The pedal however does not seem to be sticking.....Maybe it is, and the vibration from the pop/creak is masking it. I don't think so though. One more thing...Clutch/flywheel (ACT clutch with Streetlite flywheel) are only about 6 months old with a few thousand miles of regular wear and tear. Any input is GREATLY appreciated, Thank you.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Would it help it if I bleed the thing? This is driving my crazy....

Old 10-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a nismo clutch and stainless stell line installed on a resurfaced oem flywheel that had 17k mile on it and I am having similar problems.

Any input would be appreciated.