Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

NEW OEM Wheel Paddle Shift option found!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:31 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Just sent them a message through their site. I'll post up the answer when I get it.

I drive an 05 G35 and am very interested in your paddle shifter kit. However, I know the Works Bell system doesn't work with the power adjustable steering column on my car. Will your kit work for me? Also, does the wiring in your kit plug into factory harnesses or do the wires need to be spliced into the existing wires?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Tim

Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll be ordering a set as well for sure, but the F1 style paddles. It will be a while though as I have to get my transgo valve body upgrade first. Let us know how yours work out dsskyline!

Originally Posted by Dsskyline
I'm ordering a set next week. I've always wanted a set of paddle shifters. I will see how they perform drag racing.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:54 AM

I hope Dsskyline has better luck that I did. I've e-mailed them 4 times asking my question about the power steering column and whether the Auto-Innovate paddles would work with it and in horrible English they have responded each time with a bunch of BS but still haven't answered my question. I'm still waiting for a response that was due to me Monday.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Are you emailing Auto Innovatio directly off their website?
I filled out a contact form on their website today and they responded within several hours even though it was clearly after hours.
Sorry, I am not sure about the oem style kit working w/ the telescoping column, but Auto Innovatio is offering an awesome price on the steering wheel mounted paddles. Let me know if you need a direct email address for a contact there via PM.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I hope Dsskyline has better luck that I did. I've e-mailed them 4 times asking my question about the power steering column and whether the Auto-Innovate paddles would work with it and in horrible English they have responded each time with a bunch of BS but still haven't answered my question. I'm still waiting for a response that was due to me Monday.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I seriously doubt this is even close in quality\functionality to the Works Bell kit..

judging by the video it's barely a cheap copy.

I've had the works bell paddles for over 2 years and they are hands down awesome.. really no way to improve on what they offer without an entire transmission upgrade or a different car.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Directly. Here are their responses to my e-mails.

"Hello works bell is a old cheap paddles no one buys.

Here we have the latest paddle shifter D12 paddles

steering wheel mounting type and DIY.

Please full carbon and led lit paddles every time you shift !!

I will send over the details.

Best rgds"

Answers my question about plug and play I think

"Hello tim

you will never have to cut any wires .

And installation would be simple.

I will get back to you on thi priced at 370 usd this is the best paddles you can ever buy..

It looks sick and performs better."

And finally:

"Yes this will work with your G35 steering wheel ,

For sure i will send a info on this monday.

Kindly wait for our email

Rgds"

Notice how he didn't specifically answer the question? And I'm still waiting for the response they said was coming Monday. Curious to see how other's experiences go because I really want a set of paddles, I had just about given up on them.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by sammy_G
I seriously doubt this is even close in quality\functionality to the Works Bell kit..

judging by the video it's barely a cheap copy.

I've had the works bell paddles for over 2 years and they are hands down awesome.. really no way to improve on what they offer without an entire transmission upgrade or a different car.
Yeah I love how they bash on the WB after I brought them up in an e-mail.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 AM
There are kits that guys on here have put together themselves that work as good as the Works Bell Kit (such as zack's kits) that have better functionality by placing the paddles in an ideal location rather than super low. So it's not a far stretch that these kits would function just as well if not better than the works/bell kit.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by threatcon07
There are kits that guys on here have put together themselves that work as good as the Works Bell Kit (such as zack's kits) that have better functionality by placing the paddles in an ideal location rather than super low. So it's not a far stretch that these kits would function just as well if not better than the works/bell kit.
well.. i actually modified my works bell kit to put the paddles 'exactly' where I wanted them..

and as for "zack's kit".. I waited very patiently just like many others and waited over a year and a half for it to become available. It never did. So what are you talking about? How many people are running paddles that are not either custom built or works bell? answer... maybe 3 people

Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 AM
I'm glad you were able to modify the paddles to get them in the right position.

I also was waiting for Zack's kit to be produced for more than 3 cars so I could get a set. I just saw someone else's thread where he successfully did a retrofit,sure there are a couple of more out there. Not really sure how many people are running Works Bell paddles but probably several as well.

My point is just that there is not enough information to assume that these new kits are inferior to Works Bell kits. If you are happy with your Works Bell, more power to you. I will get this new kit and let you know how it works out.

well.. i actually modified my works bell kit to put the paddles 'exactly' where I wanted them..

and as for "zack's kit".. I waited very patiently just like many others and waited over a year and a half for it to become available. It never did. So what are you talking about? How many people are running paddles that are not either custom built or works bell? answer... maybe 3 people

Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
i have the WB kit too, there's no magic to them. i wouldn't be surprised if these where just as good, but w/a more OEM look/feel.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
After driving my moms new maxima with paddle shifters I want a set!!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
PM Sent, but OEM Paddle Shift Kit does fit the Power Adjust Column

Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^these aren't OEM, they're for 1st gen G's & Z's

Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Can you post pics of your modded Works kit? The position of the shifters isn't totally ideal, but I have not problems shifting with my pinky fingers when my hands are at the 9 and 3 postion. If I relocate them, I'll probably paint them liquid silver to match the silver trim. Right now they're out of view.

I'd have to agree about the Works quality. I've had mine since March 09 and they've been flawless. I like the fact that they're very robust and solid and that the lever action is very short. It's hard to tell from the pics of this new setup if the long term quality is there. They definitely look better. I'm also suspect of these working with the telescoping steering wheel with no modification. It's my understanding that the reason the Works system doesn't work with the telescoping wheel is the fact that the shifter harness can get snagged. It's an easy fix assuming your crafty with making a system so that the loose wires don't get snagged or worn when the wheel moves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW OEM Wheel Paddle Shift option found!