Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Shifter just started vibrating really bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifter just started vibrating really bad

Just checking to see if maybe I can get some advice from the drivetrain section

Short story, I had a new JWT clutch and flywheel and all other associated parts replaced (pilot,throwout,pivot ball and SS line), got the car back and the rear seal where the driveshaft goes into the transmission was leaking. Took car back to the shop and had to pay again for them to replace the seal they screwed up. It's been about 2 weeks since getting the seal fixed, about a month since the new clutch.

Last night leaving work in 1st,2nd and neutral, clutch in or out, the shifter feels like it is hitting on every tooth on the gears in the trans. It only vibrates as the car is moving. I can also hear some sort of sound under the car once I start moving.

I haven't jacked the car up yet to look around to see if something fell off or is loose but wanted to check with you guys first to see if anyone else has experinced anything like this before and what it was... Shift linkage going to trans, loose drive shaft...

I'll post back tomorrow if I can figure out the problem incase anyone else comes across this.. Also this is not the normal vibrating shifter. It goes into all gears fine and drives fine, and only makes the movement in 1st, 2nd and Neutral..Noise all the time if the car is moving, Clutch in or out.. I can't even describe the noise

Thanks All ahead of time..
Tom

Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy fix, The rubber boot below the shfiter was grabbing on the driveshaft. I cut it off and all is good now except for a few fumes