Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

G35x gear shift delay with prolonged high rpm's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x gear shift delay with prolonged high rpm's

I have an 07' G35x that has some issues that were sight and inconsistent at first but have become a worsening problem over the last year or so.
First there's a delay in power when pressing the accelerator varying from 3-7 seconds, I will also shoot high rpm's of 7-9000 and stay riding there for a few seconds before the car actually starts to accelerate and catch up, even when I've lifted my foot off the gas. It can stay stuck like this for up to 15 seconds.
Next issue is the transmission isn't shifting anywhere near on time or at any certain timing pattern in all gears, sometimes it downshifts for no reason and shoots up my rpm's again. Even in sport shift mode the gears stick and I have to hit it more than once.
My gas mileage is now around 10 mpg, less than half what it was before this started.
Besides the l lack of acceleration and hard jerks from the gear shift timing, my slip light comes on excessively at inappropriate times there is also alot of sliding and slipping especially my rear end in turns, with and without vdc on. An all wheel drive should never slide this much and not by all 4 tires in unison. The rearwheel drive model doesn't even slide this much , and it's power outputs reversed like a front wheels drive.
The problem always starts when the engine is hott, which isn't hard since I live in south Louisiana, but it does seem to drive slightly better in cool weather. Over long distances the engine seems to strain and I stop often to let it cool down cuz it feels like it won't make it much longer. The car only has 50,000 miles, the problem started at 34,000 miles. Everytime I bring it to the dealership they don't get any codes and don't see a reason to check anything else. I have driven it with a mechanic in thecar and the obd computer hooked up and shown them exactly how it acts up an the computer stil showed nothing, but the same idiots checked again last week an drove out the parking lot with the obd scanner on top of my car and on the pavement 50 ft later so I doubt they really check. Every time I bring it in they reset the computer which does seem to fix the issue for a day or two for the most part but it always returns. I have my own trusted mechanic whos driven it and gone with me to tell them what's wrong and they just start making up bullshit lies to why that can't be an issue because... Flat out lie and made up answers and **** that doesn't even exist. And my mechanic can't touch the car if I want my warranty to cover it...
Anyone else have this issue or know what the problem is and how to fix it?