Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Disable Clutch/Neutral Safety

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disable Clutch/Neutral Safety

Basically I want to start my 6MT without pushing in the clutch.

My friend disconnected a clip near his clutch pedal on his EVO 8 and DSM, and I was wondering if anyone knew a similar method for the G35?
I've searched through this forum and others along the lines of "clutch, neutral safety; start car without clutch" etc. and found DIYs on other cars but wiring is different of course.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
When it comes to wiring nothing on our cars is as easy as it should be, lol.

I can't help you but I'd recommend asking around at good car audio / alarm & remote start installers. If you're doing a remote start on a manual trans you need to bypass the neutral safety switch (which, if this is why you're asking - make sure add SEVERAL mercury cutoff tilt switches!) so they may be familiar with it. If it's a good installer and you're friendly enough they might even be willing to print out the schematics for you (I know DEI/Viper had a database back in the day for their authorized installers that laid out the color combo and location of every pertinent wire you could want, I imagine it's still around).

Old 03-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
im gonna throw this idea out there lol. u could probably tape or tie strap the clutch swith to the pressed position.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Leksikon
When it comes to wiring nothing on our cars is as easy as it should be, lol.

I can't help you but I'd recommend asking around at good car audio / alarm & remote start installers. If you're doing a remote start on a manual trans you need to bypass the neutral safety switch (which, if this is why you're asking - make sure add SEVERAL mercury cutoff tilt switches!) so they may be familiar with it. If it's a good installer and you're friendly enough they might even be willing to print out the schematics for you (I know DEI/Viper had a database back in the day for their authorized installers that laid out the color combo and location of every pertinent wire you could want, I imagine it's still around).
Agreed on that wiring part.. I haven't really done anything to my car, but the few things that required wiring.. they're exactly as you describe it hahah swapping a headlight bulb is a bit extreme compared to a Honda. Although, thanks for chiming in. I'll ask around.

Originally Posted by saywat?
im gonna throw this idea out there lol. u could probably tape or tie strap the clutch swith to the pressed position.
Hm. For some reason I didn't think of this.. my assumed concept of the clutch pedal was something else. I will definitely give this a try first. Thanks!