Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Please help!! Anyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help!! Anyone

Ok well I got almost everything replaced that is used in the cooling system and it still over heats. My heater blows cold air so I know there is air in the coolant. Here is the problem I've bled it multiple times and the air keeps coming back. My car is putting air in making it over heat and blow cold air. I did a head gasket check and it came out clean any other ideas of what it could be please help

Old 10-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Give us more background on why you were replacing parts and everything you can gather about the car's history. What exactly did you replace and why? What procedure are you following to bleed the system? You are bleeding with the heater cranked to 90 and fans on right?

Old 10-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Give us more background on why you were replacing parts and everything you can gather about the car's history. What exactly did you replace and why? What procedure are you following to bleed the system? You are bleeding with the heater cranked to 90 and fans on right?
First problem I had a crack in the radiator so replaced that. Thinking my car would be fixed after that then I find out my radiator fan went out again replaced that. Then got it back over heated again a fuse shorted out the fan again so it was cooling off. Then replaced all fuses, relays, fan again with. Car worked fine for 3 days them car heated up again to about 3/4 the goes back to normal. It starts doing it more and more after I don't bleed the system. I'm probably gonna retake a head gasket test because that is my main guess.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by FRUG35
First problem I had a crack in the radiator so replaced that. Thinking my car would be fixed after that then I find out my radiator fan went out again replaced that. Then got it back over heated again a fuse shorted out the fan again so it was cooling off. Then replaced all fuses, relays, fan again with. Car worked fine for 3 days them car heated up again to about 3/4 the goes back to normal. It starts doing it more and more after I don't bleed the system. I'm probably gonna retake a head gasket test because that is my main guess.
Warm up the car, then shut it off. Take off the bleeder cap and fill up that tube with water using a funnel. Distilled water of course. Do it on a flat surface. Then try again, and again, and again. It can be a PITA to bleed the coolant systems, to the point that people think there is another issue. Just let it idle with the heat on and crack that valve a tiny bit, until only liquid comes out. Even sometimes air is still coming out for me but the temp gauge is happy so it's good to go. Sometimes you need to bump the throttle to burp the system with the valve cracked. Make sure there are no leaks in the system too. I have also had good luck filling the radiator with the car cold, then filling at the bleeder valve until the radiator starts to overflow. Sometimes you put too much into the system doing that though so keep that in mind and watch the overflow tank level.

Bleeding procedure is in the FSM also. Google G35 FSM. First link.

Last edited by yosip1115; 10-10-2015 at 12:27 PM.