Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35
Transmission

I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 with the service engine light and the the code that was given was P1760 which means I need to replace the transmission valve body. What can I do first to avoid having to replace the transmission because trying to find a valve body is hard and purchasing a new transmission or valve body is expensive. I need to do something ASAP..
Please help!!!

Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What is P1760, it's not listed as a valid code in the FSM. Your scanner is probably not interpreting the correct code. If it's anything to do with solenoids then you probably DO need to replace the valve body but just for the sake of being thorough you should unbolt the transmission ground located at the front top of the timing chain cover (two wires next to one another on green colored bolts). Take the bolt off, use a wire brush to thoroughly clean the threads, the bolt head, BOTH SIDES of the ring terminals crimped to the wire, as well as the mating face of the timing chain cover. Apply a light coating of electrical anti-oxidation grease (not dielectric which is literally the exact opposite of de-ox) to all mating surfaces and bolt them back on. Sometimes the tranny can be finicky because it's a computer with an undersized crappy factory ground wire on a ground system prone to corrosion.

There is also a bonding jumper on the side of the timing chain cover that goes to a 2-hole lug directly below the coolant reservoir, unbolt the single bolt holding down the reservoir and lift straight up, no need to drain it or disconnect the coolant line.

Finally there is the primary bonding jumper that goes from the negative post of the battery to another 2 hold lug on the chassis next to the battery, remove the entire battery cover to access it, not just the little snap-in access panel.