DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frostybeast
I called my local dealership and asked him about adjusting the clutch pedal. He simply told me since it was a hydraulic system, the pedal cannot be adjusted. He said my clutch was probably worn out. My clutch still feels strong and doesn't slip. It just engages VERY high...
I don't know if I should believe him.
I've tried to adjust the pedal myself. The rod on the master cylinder doesn't seem to want to turn even with the nut loosened. any ideas/feedback?

D-Wolf clutch kit, PM me.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I just performed this mod with about two rotations clockwise. This made the clutch less heavy and took most of the play out of it. However, the engagement point is still very narrow and didn't do a whole lot to make shifting smoother. The pedal does feel much better.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I just did this, taking off way better, 1st into 2nd 100x better, down shifting better.
The 350GT is different to your G35s when it comes to adjustment.. I took a pic.
1. Mark the nut AND bolt so you can both amount of times you turn the nut and see stock (if you forget how many times you turn it)
2. Loosen the but (anti-clockwise) - Size 14" spanner
3. Turn the nut anti-clockwise so you are undoing it, 5x i found works great
4. Now push clutch in and screw the bolt in (clockwise)
5. Do the nut back up.
6 Test!
Name:  IMG_1581.jpg
Views: 6389
Size:  121.4 KB

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey Guys,

So I did this mod using the penny method about a year ago and really liked it b/c it made the pedal shorter to switch gears. One year later now, I need a new clutch. Honestly, I don't know if this caused premature wear to my clutch, but just thought I share and see what you all thought.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I did this mod and i gotta say it made the car drivable. I could shift much much quicker now, and im much more confident in getting into first gear. I recommend you all doing it, it literally takes two minutes to do.

I rotated the rod 3 times, and adjusted the cruise control (which didnt work at first)... all is good now

Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by moto_za
Hey Guys,

So I did this mod using the penny method about a year ago and really liked it b/c it made the pedal shorter to switch gears. One year later now, I need a new clutch. Honestly, I don't know if this caused premature wear to my clutch, but just thought I share and see what you all thought.

what year was your car, miles etc?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I may need to try this. I have a 07 coupe and it shifts like nothing ive ever driven before. like i almost have to ride the clutch out each gear or it jerks around like im a newb driver, unless i really get on it and it doesnt do it. will doing this above "mod" if you will, fix this?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
This also caused me a lot of problems. I can't say if it was necessarily this or not, but since doing it I just had to replace my master and slave cylinders, and have since gone back to the OEM setting on it.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM
now this worries me...how long did you go from doing this, to replacing the cylinders?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just did this mod... two turns. The pedal now fully disengages clutch very close to the floor rather than about 1/2 way through the travel at the previous setting. It's nuts. Sooo much easier to control and much easier on the leg.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by 007NISMO
now this worries me...how long did you go from doing this, to replacing the cylinders?
Less than a year.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Just did this. Man its like a whole new car. only did two rotations and only trouble i had was the connector that the clutch pedal hit, well the pedal had a little play in it as it was released, so i did the double penny trick so the pin would still stay in contact if you will even tho the pedal isnt up as far as it could go. Did the thing where you press the clutch and rev the car, didnt stall or move. so much easier to drive now. I had a sage 2 SRT4 a few years back and the clutch pedal was kinda the same, but the dodge dealer messed it up when they replaced the motor from the previous owner and the clutch grab as soon as you released it, kinda the same thing. glad i did it, now lets see if anything wears out, will update if anything does

Old 11-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ive had my G for a while now and I remember doing this trick. But after a while, I decided to adjust it back to the OEM settings. The people who wish to do this trick are the people who just bought the car I assume and are having a hard time adjusting to the small engagement point of this car.

I recommend just driving it for awhile with the OEM settings. After awhile you WILL get use to it like I did. That is why I went back undid this trick and readjusted my pedal to OEM settings.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
RCL
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
I just did this, it 's so simple and only took 10 minutes and the clutch engages at a MUCH BETTER position now. However, it only took me 2 revolutions to get the pedal near the bottom in the "sweet spot" so I guess every car may need a different amount adjustment.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM
so clock wise, so turn it towards the driver side? if we're upside down?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point?