Clicking axle fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OhMyG...35
Its a TSB so why would you get charged to have it fixed? It should be done for free. I have the same problem but have finally stopped noticing it too much.
I too thought the same when i first saw the post but then noticed his sig said he owns an '03, so I figured he was out of warranty.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
I thought that warranty covers it?
It did when my axle was clicking
luckily we still have warranty

I've gotten the clicking noise fixed TWICE!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Just finished doing this, worked like a charm, thanks.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear. Its been 6 months since I did it and still no clicking.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 AM
dealers always told me it was the abs making that sound. it meant it was working i gess i got to get this fixed also

Old 06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by hxcg35
dealers always told me it was the abs making that sound. it meant it was working i gess i got to get this fixed also
what dealership told you this BS?? I took mine to Tustin Infiniti both times and they fixed it for me free of charge. Take it to them.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 AM
It was metro infintiti in monrovia

Old 06-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by hxcg35
It was metro infintiti in monrovia

Be careful about what they tell you, I brought mine in to infiniti metro for the axel click and guess what the tech's reply was?

"Ohh, you have aftermarket suspension parts don't you, your car looks lower then normal". I replied "Yes", and then he started with the "well when you lower your suspension, it causes extra wear on the..."; at that point I saw where he was going and cut him off with a simple, "Don't feed me that BS, there is a tech service bulletin out about the rear axel clicking problem and it is completely unrelated to the lowered suspension, if you want to try to say otherwise then im going to have to talk with your manager".

Somehow that solved the problem and 1 day later my car was out of the shop, with no rear axel clicking problem, and covered by warranty.

Amazing what a little kindness will do for you...

Old 06-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stupid Stealership.... Good work standing up for yourself.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I've got a 03 G35 coupe with the rear axle noise problem that is common to most of the early G coupes. There is a lot of information on this forum regarding this issue. I have done the work required to fix the problem in accordance with the TSB released by Infiniti. I followed the instructions very carefully and re-torqued all nuts to the specified amount. However, the noise still remains. Though it's not as loud as it was before, the noise is still noticeable. I also get the clicking sound while driving over small speed-bumps at slow speeds. Based on the feedback, the TSB seems to be successful for those who have performed the repair. But for some reason, I didn't succeed. Perhaps, I didn't apply enough grease to the area indicated....I thought I applied a generous amount, but that's all subjective. Could the noise be something else within the suspension. Can someone explain this or maybe have an idea why the sound still remains? Thanks guys

Old 07-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35evolution
Hey guys, I've got a 03 G35 coupe with the rear axle noise problem that is common to most of the early G coupes. There is a lot of information on this forum regarding this issue. I have done the work required to fix the problem in accordance with the TSB released by Infiniti. I followed the instructions very carefully and re-torqued all nuts to the specified amount. However, the noise still remains. Though it's not as loud as it was before, the noise is still noticeable. I also get the clicking sound while driving over small speed-bumps at slow speeds. Based on the feedback, the TSB seems to be successful for those who have performed the repair. But for some reason, I didn't succeed. Perhaps, I didn't apply enough grease to the area indicated....I thought I applied a generous amount, but that's all subjective. Could the noise be something else within the suspension. Can someone explain this or maybe have an idea why the sound still remains? Thanks guys
When I took my car to the dealer to have the rear axle clicking issue resolved, they had to order longer bolts. I had to wait some 4 weeks until they arrived.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
i went to my dealership and they fixed it under the warranty. no charges at all

Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^+1

Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm still under warranty, would they still fix the axle clicking if i dropped my car and put rims?

Axle's have nothing to do with the springs correct?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Well shucks! I just heard this noise yesterday, now I know what I need to do though.. Damn..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Clicking axle fixed!