G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (DIY) (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-diy-230/)
-   -   DIY: cam position sensors (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-diy/295341-diy-cam-position-sensors.html)

Urbanengineer 09-09-2014 09:54 PM

Bank 2 on right standing outside of car looking at engine bay from the Infiniti logo.

arianeb24 09-14-2016 07:08 PM

Replaced both camshaft position sensors but still show codes

My service engine light went off after replacing camshaft position sensors but slip and other lights still on...is there a way to reset them or is there still a problem i haven't figured out yet? Help please!!:confused2:

daviston 09-15-2016 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by arianeb24 (Post 7075887)
My service engine light went off after replacing camshaft position sensors but slip and other lights still on...is there a way to reset them or is there still a problem i haven't figured out yet? Help please!!:confused2:

Have you tried resetting the Service engine lights? Usually when you reset all of them after you do the replacement of the sensor they will all go away. That procedure is all over this site. Just search for it.

arianeb24 09-15-2016 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by daviston (Post 7075942)
Have you tried resetting the Service engine lights? Usually when you reset all of them after you do the replacement of the sensor they will all go away. That procedure is all over this site. Just search for it.

Thank you for your response. Yes i reset the ECU but lights are still on its driving me crazy.

Pit-racer 09-16-2016 01:28 PM

P0011 and P0021 fault codes mean we need to replace?

liferiders 11-07-2018 12:31 PM

Newbee here. Can you help me identify which sensor is this?

It seems to me that this sensor (looks like a sensor) is broken. I am not sure which is this part. Can you help me identify what this is? What you see is on the passenger side of the car. Close to the radiator. You can see the radiator hose going very close to this part. It is a green colored switch. Not sure what is is connected to? It seems to me that is broken and must be replaced. but I am not sure,what it is.

Thank you for all your help.

Urbanengineer 11-07-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by liferiders
It seems to me that this sensor (looks like a sensor) is broken. I am not sure which is this part. Can you help me identify what this is? What you see is on the passenger side of the car. Close to the radiator. You can see the radiator hose going very close to this part. It is a green colored switch. Not sure what is is connected to? It seems to me that is broken and must be replaced. but I am not sure,what it is.

Thank you for all your help.

Not seeing a photo?

Kevin Strasser 02-18-2021 10:16 AM

Same problem I have you find problem

Originally Posted by G35sil (Post 6891323)
Ok so my problem is that i would get 4 codes all the time and it always comes back to haunt me. Car would not go over 2300rpm when all lights are on. I unplugged the driver side cam sensor and car can reach higher rpm and drives fine.

2003 g35 coupe 6speed manual 93k miles with a 84k miles engine swapped. Motor was never opened up before as i can still see the oem gasket makers squished in place still.
SES light on
VDC light on
SLIP light on

Error code:
P0328(knock sensor high input)

P0011(variable valve timing over advance bank 1?)

P0021(variable valve timing over advance bank 2?)

P0345(camshaft position sensor "A" bank 2 circuit)

I replaced the knock sensor with a autozone one, still same codes and problem driving

I replaced the driver side cam sensor with a nissan one and problem still persists.

One thing i did find out weird, bought a oreilly cam sensor for driver side, car just cranks and not firing up. Returned it and got another one, same thing. So i went to autozone and bought one, still same results. Finally i got sick of it and went to nissan and bought one. Fires my car right up and runs. But problem jerking and not going over 2300 rpm still there.

i can unplug the driver side cam sensor and the car would actually run normally but with all the warning lights on. Just takes 3-4 seconds to start up, car never shut offed on me either, runs with the cam sensor not plugged in and still runs after plugged in with all warning lights on. Last thing i want to hear is timing jumped. And the engine sounds quiet and normal. Dont hear any chain slapping or tensioner ticking

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Message me or post on here thanks

Did you find Solution to a problem