Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Nitrouse Oxide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrouse Oxide

Hey i have an o4 G35 sedan. I have done the aero upgrades, and did a nice nice audio system setup. i am gettin custom sub boxes in the trunk and really want a nitrouse bottle there, and i also would like nitrouse. i am not goin to go to the track with this car, but i ocasionally street race at a light and think it would be awsome ot have some nitrouse. i dont want a huge shott , and i want dry not wet, what do you suggest, does it mes up my engine if im not using it like all really often and is it alright for my car. like i dont wanna f**k it up.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:40 PM
If I ever did NOS it would be wet. Dry kit is not as safe as the wet kit. My buddies are juice crazy and they always say stay under 50% of your stock HP. I wouldn't even go that high to begin with. NOS is a cheap easy way to get quick HP. Just do it right if you do it at all.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned
i dont know about nitrouse and i wanna know hoe to do it right please explain xactly whagt i need.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well.... first of all i would recommend going onto NX or any of the major manufacturers website and read as much as possible. i have had nitrous on my G sedan and have had it in my Z. you must do a wet kit with our cars, dry kits work by tricking the fuel pressure regulator into opening on a RETURN fuel system. our cars have a returnless fuel system.....

here is what you need. you will need a wet kit, i only use NX (nitrous express) cause i personally love them and have had no problems at all with them. you will need a bottle warmer (to make the nitrous work properly), a pressure gauge, a rpm window switch (activates nitrous only between certain rpms) and a TPS switch (this is a switch that tell the nitrous to turn on only while at 100% throttle)

all of this stuff will run you right over $1000 to do it right and safe. i have it all in stock and would be glad to give you a price if you pm me, hope this all helped out all and anyone using nitrous or about to, feel free to pm me for any intelligent questions that i might be able to help you with....

Old 08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned
how long wil the bottle last me if i get those switches so it turn on when i hit certain rpms and if i nail it?????? also.......isnt there a way that it is just off al the time
and it olnly turns on if i hit a button????

Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a bottle lasts as long as you want it to really, thats always a hard question to answer. yes there is a remote bottle opener that will open and shut the bottle at the flip of a switch....

Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Good info. I was thinking of the same kinda mod since I really don't want to spend 5k on F/I for my DD. I too am concerned with the cheap way to HP considering reliability and longivity of the engine. I am already at 52k miles.

Quadcam on here had a nice NOS setup that he has been running for a while and it was a pretty good ride.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey audible, I have heard of staging the nitrous so....say you have a 100 shot and you are starting off the line you are only getting 25hp, then through second into 3rd at another certain MPH you are getting 75 hp shot. then after another certain MPH you get full 100 shot of nitrous. that way it is not an instant 100 hp shot and you just get squirly all over the place. can you get the staging kit with our fly by wire system?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
Good info. I was thinking of the same kinda mod since I really don't want to spend 5k on F/I for my DD. I too am concerned with the cheap way to HP considering reliability and longivity of the engine. I am already at 52k miles.

Quadcam on here had a nice NOS setup that he has been running for a while and it was a pretty good ride.
Yeah bastard, and now you and Jeremey have me seriously thinking about it

Old 08-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Yeah bastard, and now you and Jeremey have me seriously thinking about it

psssshhhhh.....psssshhhhhhh!

I read somewhere that "NOS is like a super hot chic that may have an STD. You wanna hit it, but you are worried about the consequences.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Pauliejr
Hey i have an o4 G35 sedan. I have done the aero upgrades, and did a nice nice audio system setup. i am gettin custom sub boxes in the trunk and really want a nitrouse bottle there, and i also would like nitrouse. i am not goin to go to the track with this car, but i ocasionally street race at a light and think it would be awsome ot have some nitrouse. i dont want a huge shott , and i want dry not wet, what do you suggest, does it mes up my engine if im not using it like all really often and is it alright for my car. like i dont wanna f**k it up.
If you don't know how to spell it, do you think you really know enough about it to use it?

NITROUS OXIDE

Old 08-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
If you don't know how to spell it, do you think you really know enough about it to use it?

NITROUS OXIDE

The E is silent.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:57 PM
zex kit is the way to go i think, its what I use. 75shot

Old 08-19-2006, 03:49 PM
How long have you been running that?
Do you have a tune for it?

Old 08-19-2006, 10:04 PM
couple weeks, tune to come...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrouse Oxide