Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What to get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to get?

I'm currently undecided on what to get first. I plan on getting them all eventually but have to spread out the spending otherwise my wife will kill me.

Rims ( Gotta love uniqueness and bling, bling!)
Exhaust system
Lambo door conversion ( I think it looks awesome on the Z and should equally impressive on the G. Some might not like it but it should be easier to get out of tight spots as well )

Supercharger (not sure about the current available products so I've been holding off on this one. Also not sure if I would want to just get turbos instead. )

Rims and SC are the most expensive. Especially after adding tires which I would probably wait until my current rubber needed replacing.

In what order are most people getting things for their rides?

I've always gone with exhaust and performance first in the past. But I really like the look of custom rims on this car.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Re: What to get?

I got wheels first, 19 inch, changes the look of the car entirely, then exhaust.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:50 PM

you should lower it first! it will look funny and stupid w/ rims and all that and not be dropped. Lowering a car should be everybodys first mod!

04 G35 Sedan Blk/Blk
Nissan Badges, Injen CAI, Greddy ehaust, Tein Coilovers

Old 12-01-2003, 04:56 PM

Personally I'm not into lowered cars. Unless I'm at the track I want ground clearance to avoid the many annoyances on the road such as speed bumps.

But I've decided that it's a waste to get new rims and tires when I have so much rubber left on my stock wheels. Gonna wait until it's time to replace the rubber before getting new rims.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.