Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

When i Rev my car.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i Rev my car.....

Hey,

I do know this is normal or is there something wrong with my car?
I was trying to accelerate real quick and then my rpm meter go to like 70000-80000 rpm, I change gear but my car wouldnt go faster. in stead, it keep its speed in 30mph. Please the clutch (left most paddle) are sticking in and wouldnt jump back up. Then my car have some really funny burning smell.
Is there something wrong with my gear box or it just i am rev it the wrong way?

Sooiseng

Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
first of all, why are u reving up so high? so u can blow your motor? please read the manual onhow to drive manual. Kthanx.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Sooiseng <-- Fool....

How can we accelerate a manual transmission?

Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
70000rpm? you definetaly blew the motor if you did that

Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok, i admit, i did a stupid thing.. Sorry sorry

But, could you guys concentrate on how to accelerate my G?

Sooiseng <-- Noob~

Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
redline on the rev up is 7200rpm. So no higher than that.

If the clutch is sticking. then you need to go get it checked out.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol. i think you mean 7000 rpm bud. you shouldn't even be able to get to 8000 rpm with the rev limiter. you're clutch may be sticking and you're burning it bad. maybe do a search on how to drive a manual if you're not so sure.

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by wongsooiseng
Hey,

I do know this is normal or is there something wrong with my car?
I was trying to accelerate real quick and then my rpm meter go to like 70000-80000 rpm, I change gear but my car wouldnt go faster. in stead, it keep its speed in 30mph. Please the clutch (left most paddle) are sticking in and wouldnt jump back up. Then my car have some really funny burning smell.
Is there something wrong with my gear box or it just i am rev it the wrong way?

Sooiseng
Your "RPM meter" goes to 70,000-80,000?

You need to work on improving how you describe your automotive issues. We can't help you if we can't understand what you are trying to say.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you have the 6mt model with two possible issues. First potential issue: you are a new manual (6mt) driver and is having trouble with shifting into the right gear. If that's true then keep practicing. You will eventually get it. Second possible issue: you might have a faulty transmission e.g. a defective selenoid and the gears are not "catching." If that's the case then bring your car to a good mechanic and have him (or her) look at it and if faulty fix it. That might costs you a lot if you are not covered by the factory warranty.

Hope that helps you some,.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryGT
redline on the rev up is 7200rpm. So no higher than that.

If the clutch is sticking. then you need to go get it checked out.

So, clutch shouldn't stick at all? How come it stick? It there any reason for it?

Sooiseng

Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by TRIG
Your "RPM meter" goes to 70,000-80,000?

You need to work on improving how you describe your automotive issues. We can't help you if we can't understand what you are trying to say.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you have the 6mt model with two possible issues. First potential issue: you are a new manual (6mt) driver and is having trouble with shifting into the right gear. If that's true then keep practicing. You will eventually get it. Second possible issue: you might have a faulty transmission e.g. a defective selenoid and the gears are not "catching." If that's the case then bring your car to a good mechanic and have him (or her) look at it and if faulty fix it. That might costs you a lot if you are not covered by the factory warranty.

Hope that helps you some,.

faulty transmission??
I got the car like last week. I am not sure if that's the case. I think i will bring my car to the dealership this weekend.. Or maybe tomorrow..
OMG!! this is serious~

Sooiseng

Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Wait this is happening to my car too. I lauch at like 4k rpm and somtimes I get a good clean burn others the clutch sticks and I burn the hell out of the clutch. Its happend 4 times in the last month. My car is only got 5600 miles on it and its an 2007 coupe G35 6mt aero/prem/navi packages. Can anyone shed light on this? Oh FYI definatly know how to drive a MT.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:39 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this has happened to a few members, just search "clutch sticking"

Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
theres nothing wrong with your car in my opinion... many people have experienced this. When you get high in rpms let say to launch you may or may not experience your clucth sticking. Personally, it has happened several times to me but now a days after 4,000 miles on my car and knowing how the transmission works its very rare to occur.

if your clucth is sticking from a dig then your starting too high. Start around 4k for the best go without losing too much traction--obviosly its arguable on what rpms to start at but Ive found that to be the best.

now if your clutch is sticking throughout the gears I still wouldnt worry too too much. I believe this has happened to me a few times as well. Just be ready to get ur foot under the clutch to hit it back up. I was considering buying a new clutch but it has gone away over time.

good luck either way whether you buy a new clucth or it stops

Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Bad Toro
your clutch got stuck in half engagement point, which would in turn prevented you from properly accelerating, and in the process also burned the $hit out of your pressure plate - which explains the "burned hair" smell....

Take the car to the dealer and have them recheck and replace the clutch if necessary. The clutch shouldn't get stuck like that.

Good luck.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
^^ I did call my dealer about my clucth sticking when it did and they said they could take a look at it and change the springs and some other small things but luckily it stopped after.

just my experience to give the OP an idea of what could come about

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When i Rev my car.....