Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 169 Likes on 148 Posts
Help!!

Ok, my G is seriously f@cked up! Today, I went to the store bought some oil to get ready to change my oil. Anyway, I come out of the store and four of my engine lights come one: SES, SLIP, VDC OFF, and RAS...all I did to my car recently was change my Air Filter.

I can only drive about 1 MPH, I did notice the brakes squeak so I probably need to change those. But, still to have all these lights come on and let me drive at literally 1 MPH? Everything else seems to work fine...I haven't checked any fuses or anything since it is kind of late and my car is not near my house. I will

I had Advance Auto Parts scan my engine and it popped out the following:

Vehicle Scanned
Global OBDII
Vehicle

P2103
TAC
Motor
Cirtcuit High

Anyone know what these mean? The nearest stealership is also 3+ hours away....

I also checked: http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Common/codes1.htm

The P2103 error code is not even listed.

Ok I did some searches on here and it seems to be related to the throttle body, but still I think that is very dangerous how the car just slowed down like that. I am lucky I was in the parking lot when it happened.

Last edited by coffeysm; 05-17-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Did some more searching here
Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
P2103 = Throttle Control Motor Circuit High [voltage/signal] Input.

Look it up in your FSM you will se diagnostic proceedure and how dealer replaces the TB system.

The nearest stealership is also 3+ hours away

Not cost effective when you visit every 90 days for PM and to find defects they can charge Nissan to repair.

to the store bought some oil to get ready to change my oil

How are you documenting an oil change to maintain engine warranty?
Purchase receipts are not legal since they do not PROVE the oil was actually changed at x miles/days............need a shop [any shop] receipt with date, miles, vin and a signature.

Last edited by Q45tech; 05-17-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Q45tech

Look it up in your FSM you will se diagnostic proceedure and how dealer replaces the TB system.

The nearest stealership is also 3+ hours away

Not cost effective when you visit every 90 days for PM and to find defects they can charge Nissan to repair.

to the store bought some oil to get ready to change my oil

Purchase receipts are not legal since they do not PROVE the oil was actually changed at x miles/days............need a shop [any shop] receipt with date, miles, vin and a signature.
Ok, well I cleaned my throttle body and that didn't help. Just made it look cleaner...if I disconnect the battery terminals and reset the ECU. I can drive around normally, but if I turn the car off it goes into safe mode next I turn it on. I followed the FSM and it looks like I have a bad relay, I think it shorted out. It is running at the same voltage when the car is off and on. It should be like 11 - 14 volts when turned off, but it runs under 1 Volt all the time.

I usually buy the parts and take my car to have the oil changed somewhere. I also go on base sometimes and use the hobby shop and they can print me up a reciept. Even if I do the work myself...I think I am going to have it towed tomorrow to the dealership.

I hardwired my radar detector and added an extra amp and sub. Do you think I should take this stuff out before...

Old 05-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nissan demands only one SIMPLE thing to maintain your engine warranty that the oil changes are on time and documented by a outside firm [dealer or shop] that they can verify with a signature.

Way too many people try to fake up documents and they are expert at detecting fraud.

It is so common to go over 7499 miles or 180 days, then to come crying when an engine failure occurs.

TB drive by wire failures are occuring more often, now.

What ever you do, DON"T mention you cleaned MAF or TB

Old 05-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oil drain intervals in and by themselves are not used as a determining factor for honoring or denying an engine warranty. This is per the federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.
Distributing industry leading AMSOIL synthetic lubricants for 19 years

Old 05-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
That is very true. But also true is that the dealer CAN deny your warranty if you cannot show good evidence of oil changes. You can state that law but the dealer can say "fine, take me to court". Which is within their rights.

The real question is how far do want to go? ie.. you have the law behind you but you often will have to take the dealer to court to win your case.

Originally Posted by HiTechOilCo
Oil drain intervals in and by themselves are not used as a determining factor for honoring or denying an engine warranty. This is per the federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
That is very true. But also true is that the dealer CAN deny your warranty if you cannot show good evidence of oil changes. You can state that law but the dealer can say "fine, take me to court". Which is within their rights.

The real question is how far do want to go? ie.. you have the law behind you but you often will have to take the dealer to court to win your case.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just trying to help understand a commonly misunderstood issue, but that is simply not true. The dealer is an independent franchise and has absolutely zero authority to void any warranty. For a warranty to be voided, it has to be done by a Zone Representative of the vehicle manufacturer and the reason for voiding the warranty stated in writing. This is federal law.

Oil change receipts don't prove the suitability of the oil for continued use. A $15 oil analysis would and is acceptable as proof. Vehicle manufacturers are fully aware of this and really don't want the Federal Trade Commission and/or the General Attorney's office breathing down their neck when a consumer calls to make a complaint.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Red Card Crew

I disagree. If they "zone rep" must deny a warranty, then how come warranties have been denied on the spot right when a customer had a claim? It's been done, it's done now and will be done in the future.

I think you case is true when a questionable claim is HONORED, not denied.

Again, under the strict letter of the law, you might be right. BUT most consumers are NOT that educated and the dealers know this. Most consumers do NOT seek legal action when denied a claim. Far few others even persue legal action even when the dealers say "sue me".

If find it hard to believe the FTC or the General attorney's is going to go to bat for one consumer's warranty complaint. Not reasonable or even logistically possible.

Like I said, the dealer will just deny the claim and make YOU prove them wrong. You might even win, but will also have spent time, money and effort in doing so.

I even think the oil analysis is a good idea. But the dealer's attornies can make it look any way they wish? Why?
1) The judge has ZERO knowledge on engines. So they will defer to what they consider the "expert"
2) Now who is the judge going to think knows more about the car(s) in question?

I don't mean to be argumentative, just trying to help understand a commonly misunderstood issue, but that is simply not true. The dealer is an independent franchise and has absolutely zero authority to void any warranty. For a warranty to be voided, it has to be done by a Zone Representative of the vehicle manufacturer and the reason for voiding the warranty stated in writing. This is federal law.

Oil change receipts don't prove the suitability of the oil for continued use. A $15 oil analysis would and is acceptable as proof. Vehicle manufacturers are fully aware of this and really don't want the Federal Trade Commission and/or the General Attorney's office breathing down their neck when a consumer calls to make a complaint.

Steve
CEO of Hi-Tech Oil Co.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Totally illegal.

If you continue with the harrassment, you will be added to my ignore list.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Red Card Crew

Totally illegal.

If you continue with the harrassment, you will be added to my ignore list.
Did you even READ what I posted?

Sorry but despite what you THINK, this stuff happens ALL THE TIME. Wake up.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Infortunately. More BS. More inaccurate information. I don't have time to debunk it all and when I do, you just come back and repeat the same BS over and over and then yet another thread is ruined by your childish bickering.

We've had enough. Bye.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Red Card Crew

The usual "cannot debunk because it's true" reply. Nice try. Go ahead and keep spamming whatever auto forums you happen to find. Because here, you met your match.

The ONLY thing childish is the replies you give when you can't answer.

Sorry, your "information" doesn't work on me.

Infortunately. More BS. More inaccurate information. I don't have time to debunk it all and when I do, you just come back and repeat the same BS over and over and then yet another thread is ruined by your childish bickering.

We've had enough. Bye.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Nissan demands only one SIMPLE thing to maintain your engine warranty that the oil changes are on time and documented by a outside firm [dealer or shop] that they can verify with a signature.

Way too many people try to fake up documents and they are expert at detecting fraud.

It is so common to go over 7499 miles or 180 days, then to come crying when an engine failure occurs.

TB drive by wire failures are occuring more often, now.

What ever you do, DON"T mention you cleaned MAF or TB
I just want to clarify I do not plan on forging any reciepts. What I meant was I buy Mobil 1 and K&N Filters. Then I bring it like a place to Sears and tell them to use what I purchased. Also, when I go on base they have qualified mechanics working there.

I am not going to mention that I did clean the TB...just from reading posts it seemed it might help.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know. I got my car back yesterday and I was real happy with the dealership. They fixed everything with no questions asked.

Apparently my TB went out like I thought, then the RAS ended up having a bad ground, and my battery was not keeping a charge. They replaced everything for me for free including my battery, which I thought wasn't covered under the warranty anyway.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to hear!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.