Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

my G is knocking at your door!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:59 PM
i fly low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my G is knocking at your door!

well not really knocking at YOUR door, but knocking.

i just changed the oil on my G the other day (m1 5w-30 EP w/m1 m-110 EP oil filter). prior to that i had to top my oil off 2 qts. because it was damn near the "L". i know some of you G "smarties" out there are going to tell me to go to the dealership and arrange with them an 'oil consumption test'. which i did and "passed" meaning i have no oil consumption problem (bullsh!t). my car eats 2 qts. of oil every 2300 mi.

so i pull in to the garage and my dad said, "why does your car sounds like ****?"
i thought i was the only who noticed the knocking, i guesss it got louder? sounds like my rocker arms/lifters are noisy. my dad told me to take it to the dealership, but i dont know what to tell them? anyone could help me on this, would be much appreciated. anyone else have/had this problem? let me know! my dad said that if the dealership cant take care of it, he's going to trade MY car in for a tercel or a hyundai!! told him straight up "fvck that ****, i'll ask folks on the board!" help help help!!

-jeff

Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
i fly low
still need help! i dont want a tercel!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned
Well you better get a new engine or your G will be useless the longer you ignore this. Burning "ANY" oil is not acceptable. My G still reads "FULL" after 3.5k miles. Something is seriously wrong with your motor and yes. its BURNING OIL.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Have you tried taking it to Jason? Thought I'd make that suggestion since he's local.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 AM
dude how old are you? tell your dad to pound sand.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:17 AM
i fly low
i'm 20, turning 21 on january. my dad put money down for my car, but i'm taking care of the monthly payments, insurance, and registration renewal. so he does have a partial say to it.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:18 AM
i fly low
Originally Posted by G-girl
Hi Jeff,

Have you tried taking it to Jason? Thought I'd make that suggestion since he's local.
hello gerry,

i think i remember you telling me about that couple of weeks ago, i guess i forgot but i do remember. i cant remember if he's the one in oakland or peninsula dealership. if you think they could replace my engine, that'd be great!

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM
i fly low
Originally Posted by filanj
Take it to a shop that can test it. i.e. another dealership like nissan or ford. Someplace that isn't going to BS you. You can backcharge the test to your infiniti dealership and if they don't accept it, than sue them.
sounds like a plan.

i got my car a infiniti of serramonte. noticed i was burning oil.
HllllllllllllllllllllL

so i took it to infiniti of pleasanton for an oil consumption test, they said i have no problem "it's normal to burn oil" of course it's normal, but not by that much

then took my car to infiniti of serramonte (where i purchased my car)
HllllllllllllllllllllL

john (one of the service adviser) said that ANYWHERE between "H" and "L" is normal stated by infiniti/nissan dealership "workbook"
ran my oil consumption there and "passed".

now i have a knocking problem, so i guess i have to get a new engine
(hopefully)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 AM
i fly low
Originally Posted by filanj
Jason at Riverside Infiniti... in Riverside.

whaaat..should i drive to riverside to get my engine replaced underwarranty?
i hope it's worth it, that being said that my engine WILL be replaced with a bran-spanking new VQ35DE (ZERO, i repeat ZERO mileage).

Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 AM
i fly low
thanks man, whole lotta info. i should take the next step and do what you say, Your Highness Sir Filanj

Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
There is absolutely no reason for your car to be burning oil, or knocking for that matter.

It should not matter if you, another dealer, PEP Boys or Any oil change place changed your oil....if your reading full on your dipstick, then you should not have any issues with knocking...

The Drivetrain is covered for 6 years or 70,000 miles....If your dealership is giving you the run around, then find another dealer. Document all that has gone on so far like Filanj said, and Make sure to call Infiniti Corporate. Don't let this issue go to long, Knocking is not a good sign.

Good Luck

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
BayAreaRefuGz...

Know someone in our local region who had the knocking/valvetrain noise. He had it on his VQ a long time ago. Forget what Dealer did, but it stopped or got fixed.
Just recently he was just approved for a new VQ, as he luckly met their replacement standard of 1qt/1000mi or worse.
PM me for more 411.

Feel your pain with this issue on consumption. Me too and won't meet their replacement standard.
I know from my self monitoring I've done since new and Dealer said it wouldn't be replaced with my unofficial qt/mi numbers I stated.

I have pinging/knocking real bad from oil killing my oct rating. Going to do test anyways just so it's official then move forward on my issue with BBB when denied.
I've already filed complaints with NHTSA-office of defects dept. and Infiniti consumer affairs.
Maybe something you should consider, being you've already been officially denied replacement and now it's knocking real bad.

Document everything and build your case.
I am

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 10-14-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
i fly low
here's the update:

yesterday, i noticed that my RPM needle kind of fluctuates coming down to idle. it doesnt go down smoothly as it should. reving is not a problem. so i decided to take it to ryan's place to do couple different techniques of ECU reset (hoping it'd fix the fluctuating RPM) and it failed. it runs powerful, but definitely still have the RPM needle problem.

as far as the knocking, it kind of sounds like a diesel truck now

i have 2 documents stating i performed a oil consumption test in both infiniti dealerships with pleasanton and serramonte. now my question for you guys, is oakland infiniti mod friendly? i want this taken care of ASAP (gerry, i didnt forget about what you told me, but jason is pretty far from the bay area.

who should i asked for (who's cool and will stay with me till the very end? not like that guys ) to help me get this new engine in my G?

i want to drive hard again

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Jeff,

Take your car to Infiniti of Oakland and talk to Steve of Jesse. They are real cool guys and are aware the recent concerns/issues with the Revups...

Gerri is referring to Jason the local bay area former Infiniti service tech....He wouldnt be the one to talk to about getting your issue resolved since your car is still under warranty and he does not work for Infiniti anymore...

So with all this being said, should I take you off from the front spot for my SC or do you still want it in Dec....Either way let me know...

Good Luck with your issues bud

Tu

Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 AM
i fly low
dont take me off just yet... i still want it, let me take care of this and i'll let you know wassup. thanks Tu. btw is oakland infiniti mod friendly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my G is knocking at your door!