Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Save 27% on gas mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save 27% on gas mod?

http://www.mrev.biz/?axel=14

Guys look at this product.. you think it's BS or not?

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 02-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Save 27% on gas mod?

I'm going with BS......or else we would've heard about it already.

Mitch K
2004 G35C AT
Black/Black Premium, Aero, Performance, Nav
Nav/TV Tuner
2-10" Pioneer Premiers
Rockford 801s amp

Old 02-26-2004, 06:41 PM

"PROVEN TECHNOLOGY
A certified U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laboratory recently completed tests on the new Fuel Saver. The results were astounding! Master Service, a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, also conducted extensive emissions testing and obtained similar, unheard of results. The achievements of the Fuel Saver is so noteworthy to the environmental community, that Commercial News has featured it as their cover story in their June, 2000 edition."

hm...i don't know. anyone try it yet? if it does work, heck i will pay for it. According to news, gas in california might go up as high as 3 dollar this summer!!! OUchie...

g35mt

Old 02-26-2004, 07:00 PM

That little movie they have on there is the silliest thing i've seen. I dunno, at one time i thoguht the TORNADO air thing was great. Go figure

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero, Z tube, K&N drop in filter

Old 02-26-2004, 07:15 PM

i liked the music. it had that theme like what was the world like before this product was introduced.

if i wasn't tight on $$$$ i would have bought one just so them have more money for a better video

Old 02-26-2004, 07:15 PM
SAS

I would be very interested in any feedback from anyone that has tried this installation.

SAS
'03 6spd blk/blk/nav,etc.
Injen CAI, SES exhaust, clear corners, WORK Emotion CR KAI Gunmetal

Old 02-26-2004, 07:17 PM

If that thing works (as indicated), I'll change my name to Suzy and let every G35driver member slap me like a little b!tch.

It doesn't work. Enough said.

Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM

So Suzy you gona try it out?
in a weird way im interested to see if it works just like the tornado.

by the way did any one buy and dyno the tornado

Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM

It's a magnet. Whoopie.

That, plus the Tornado will give you something like 1000hp, I'm sure.

If it were that easy to cut fuel use by 27%, every car maker on the planet would have it installed from the factory to reduce their fleet fuel averages.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it's a set of rare-earth magnets. Been on the market for a while now. I think the Canadian government or someone did some controlled testing on these things a few years ago. They saw no effect at all if I remember.

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-26-2004, 08:24 PM

oh what the heck? my post dissapeared. anyways, i said this:
I'll try it. I have a chart on my computer of my previous 25 or so gas fill ups. if it works, then great. if it doesnt, theres 30 days to return it. if you guys want to chip in a buck or so each for my return shipping cost, ill be glad to test this magnet out.

one thing i noticed though is that on the experiments they did, the temperature with their magnet on was always higher. perhaps the engine wasnt warmed up on the baseline test.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They also said you need to drive 1500 miles to notice a difference. Can you do that in 30 days? That is probably the scam. Not many people drive 1500 miles in less than 30 days.

'03.5 Brilliant Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, Gram Light 57F Pro's (on the way!)

Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 PM

well i was sucker in the tornado. felt like a jack **** for buying it. i pay 40 bucks for it. when it arrive and see how it work in person, i was like now way in hell i am going to put this in my car.

i was so eager to get some more mileage on my car that time. i was willing to do anything. well stupid as i was, it was during the break in period that i got about 11-13 mpg. now i am getting 20-23 mpg.

g35mt

Old 02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
SAS

This claim is a scam read the below:
It's here at last: Secret fuel saving technology!

Sound familiar?

Every time gas prices rise, so do claims about gadgets that are supposed to dramatically improve your car's fuel economy.

Some of these claims are amazing, like a product that claims it will increase your mileage by 27 percent!

We installed several different gas-saving gizmos on a fleet of trucks so we could put these amazing claims to the test -- from air-spinning devices in your car's air intake to powerful magnets designed to make the fuel in your car burn more efficiently.

We tested several of these claims that promise to save you big money at the pump by improving your car's fuel economy.

With the help of American Automobile Association's fleet of service trucks, we put all these devices through a month of extensive testing.

"We actually monitor the fuel mileage of these vehicles constantly, so we already had a very established base line to what they are getting," said Don Beyer of AAA.

The "Fuel Saver Pro" is a $65 dollar magnetic gadget that snaps over the fuel line. It's supposed to increase mileage up to 27% by magnetizing fuel and making it more efficient.

A $74 whirling air device called "The Tornado" spins inside the air intake hose. According to a television infomercial, it improves the air fuel mixture which increases mileage.

We paid $90 for the "Super Fuel Max," which turned out to be identical to the first magnetic device we bought -- except it costs about 25 dollars more.
For fun, we slapped some duct tape on a fourth truck.

"We contend that this fuel saving device probably works as well as the others," said Don Beyer.

As the trucks went through tank after tank of fuel, the mileage was closely monitored every time.

So in the end, which gas saver saved the most?

The mileage actually got worse three percent on the truck with the Fuel Saver Pro magnet.

The Super Fuel Max magnet performed even worse, decreasing mileage by nearly five percent.

After 15,00 miles of driving, the Tornado air swirling device increased mileage 5.3 percent.

So how did our duct tape perform?

"The KIRO fuel-saving device actually finished in first place … with a six percent increase in fuel economy!" said Beyer.

But let's put this in perspective: Six percent may sound impressive, but it's only an improvement of one mile per gallon.

Now that duct tape isn't really doing anything. But it did prove that all those devices didn't work in our test.

All the companies that make these products declined to comment on our findings.

Over the years the federal government has tested more than a hundred of these devices, and not one has shown a significant increase in gas mileage.

Your best bet is to keep your car tuned up and keep the right air pressure in your tires.

Don't worry. If there really is an amazing gas saving secret out there, we'll let you know when we find it.

Copyright 2003 by KIROTV.com.

SAS
'03 6spd blk/blk/nav,etc.
Injen CAI, SES exhaust, clear corners, WORK Emotion CR KAI Gunmetal

Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 AM

oh well, guess ill save my money and buy another 10 grounding wires with it. hahahahahaa

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Save 27% on gas mod?