Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Throttle body service???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 05:18 PM
|
Throttle body service???

Hi guys, i have posted this issue before but today i called my local Infiniti dealer and the service department told me that my problem with the car stalling issue when i start my car is because of the car needs Throttle body service, has anybody experience what i am going through right now? I have a 03 G35 sedan, sometimes when i start my car, it starts up but the RPM drops down to 0 and car stalls, so i have to give it a little gas while i start my car so the car will stay on fine. Some people tell me its the MAF sensor (Mass air flow) but the dealer is telling me other wise, they told me i need a thorttle body service to clean out the fuel injection, doesnt gumout does the same? If anybody knows anything about this please let me know and tell me what my best solution is.... take it to the dealer have them service it or use gumout and see if that will solve my problem...

Thanks All.

Old 02-19-2008 | 05:42 PM
my starter was bad and made my 03 coupe drop to 100 or 200rpm but never stall.. weird what the starter messes up when it goes bad... luckily i had 1 laying around i got off ebay for FREAKIN $19 bucks... $290 from dealer..got to love ebay

Old 02-19-2008 | 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by pinky1121
Hi guys, i have posted this issue before but today i called my local Infiniti dealer and the service department told me that my problem with the car stalling issue when i start my car is because of the car needs Throttle body service, has anybody experience what i am going through right now? I have a 03 G35 sedan, sometimes when i start my car, it starts up but the RPM drops down to 0 and car stalls, so i have to give it a little gas while i start my car so the car will stay on fine. Some people tell me its the MAF sensor (Mass air flow) but the dealer is telling me other wise, they told me i need a thorttle body service to clean out the fuel injection, doesnt gumout does the same? If anybody knows anything about this please let me know and tell me what my best solution is.... take it to the dealer have them service it or use gumout and see if that will solve my problem...

Thanks All.
try cleaning the MAF sensor with CRC, you can get it about any auto part store (Pep Boys, Kragen, Auto Zone in CA)... and clean the TB with throttle body cleaner... both are easy to do - for the MAF sensor just spray and let dry... the TB spray, wipe the residue off (on intake side)... if that doesn't work, try the idle reset/learning procedure (I have it on a different computer, but you can do a search out here - it's listed somewhere)...

Good luck

Old 02-19-2008 | 09:47 PM
Old 02-19-2008 | 10:05 PM
nice vid... didn't go over cleaning, but good install vid. Yes, that 4th bolt can be a b!tch. For the OP, you can fast fwd to the last minute or so for the “Idle Air Learning (Throttle Position Learning)” procedure... and they are attached here for reference...

Old 02-19-2008 | 10:08 PM
actually, it does go over the cleaning. I guess I must've posted part 2 before part one.

here is the link to part 1:

Old 02-19-2008 | 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by bythabay
actually, it does go over the cleaning. I guess I must've posted part 2 before part one.

here is the link to part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdYzWzc170
there ya go. You will most certainly need the Throttle Position Learning procedure after following that vid... when you move the plate it will (or did for me) affect your idle.

Old 02-20-2008 | 12:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by OCG35
try cleaning the MAF sensor with CRC, you can get it about any auto part store (Pep Boys, Kragen, Auto Zone in CA)... and clean the TB with throttle body cleaner... both are easy to do - for the MAF sensor just spray and let dry... the TB spray, wipe the residue off (on intake side)... if that doesn't work, try the idle reset/learning procedure (I have it on a different computer, but you can do a search out here - it's listed somewhere)...

Good luck
I have clean out the MAF sensor with CRC spray, did it twice doesnt seem to work, so i guess it could really be the throttle body service that i need?

Thanks

Old 02-20-2008 | 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by pinky1121
I have clean out the MAF sensor with CRC spray, did it twice doesnt seem to work, so i guess it could really be the throttle body service that i need?

Thanks
just do the tb service.. it's REALLY easy

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:22 PM
if you do not want to worry about the idle air reset then unplug the battery (negative terminal) before you mess with the tb. i have done this a few times with no issues afterwards.

Old 02-16-2009 | 04:18 PM
my car stalls when im driving at around 4k rpm, 35-60 mph..maybe the TB is dirty..im going to try this procedure

Old 02-19-2009 | 12:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I cleaned mine...

it caused High Idle. I couldnt get it to relearn. Friend at the dealer couldnt get the car to relearn. Gave me a code for the TB - throttle position sensor.

Be careful if you try to clean out your TB for this reason. Trying to find a TB that works has been a serious issue for me.

Old 04-07-2009 | 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I cleaned mine...

it caused High Idle. I couldnt get it to relearn. Friend at the dealer couldnt get the car to relearn. Gave me a code for the TB - throttle position sensor.

Be careful if you try to clean out your TB for this reason. Trying to find a TB that works has been a serious issue for me.
I agree. Did you get over your problem yet?

I replaced TB on my GCoupe'03 twice (bought here in the marketplace section and one on e-bay).
Both of them gave me 'idle position sensor' P0506 and 'throttle position sensor' errors P2135.
I am beginning to get more cautious to spend for a new TB. I tried the idle/learning procedure, but din't do much for me,
The SES goes off and I feel the throttle has been reset, but soon after (2-3 days), I get the SES back on.

What are the cons of driving long with a bad TB other than fuel inefficiency?
I need to get SMOG test done and this is delaying the process as they wont pass me with a SES on.