Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What do I need to do to get atleast 400 HP or hopefully over 600?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by DragonHeads85
i'd rather have my intelligence than your experience
If you think you can make a 1000 HP G35 be a daily driver, you don't have much intelligence or experience.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
If you think you can make a 1000 HP G35 be a daily driver, you don't have much intelligence or experience.
f u. my experience is that you're very immature. why didn't you say what you just did the first time instead of calling me names. anyway, i didn't say i was going to make one with 1000hp i was just curious of the possibilities.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Well anything is possible if you got the $ man..

Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
ANYTHING is possible with enough $$$

Given what you want out of your car, I'm going to have to agree with the others and say that you should buy a car that's faster from the factory.

To get you into the 600hp realm, you're going to be spending so much money that you might as well have bought a faster car to begin with.

Also, at that point, you're car is going to be running so rough that you're not going to want to daily drive it. To top it off, that power will be mostly unuseable.

Your turbos wont spool till 4k+ rpm, and when they do, all you'll just spin your tires unless youre already at freeway speeds.

Do some more research. Use the search function. Read the stickies.

Stupid questions warrant stupid answers.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by partyman66
You certainly bark a lot... why you giving the homie ****? have you seen MRC's Z? Have you seen the powerlabs G35? they are not 1000hp but they are close... and they certainly are DD... not to mention... you can DD any freggin car... depends how baller you are...

maybe he has so much more money than you... that he can afford to change out parts every 10 miles...

And where the hell do you get off judging the intelligence of and experiences experienced by the OP? valid opinion or GTFO... who the hell asked you for your intelligent opinion anyway? No useful **** to say ... don't say ****... just don't get all internet forum tough guy on us... (I bet you a 100$ you would not question any and all random persons intelligence if they were standing in front of you... I bet you would say something like : "umm oh a 1000 hp might be pushing it for a DD... " not what you did say up here...

Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by shabarivas
You certainly bark a lot... why you giving the homie ****? have you seen MRC's Z? Have you seen the powerlabs G35? they are not 1000hp but they are close... and they certainly are DD... not to mention... you can DD any freggin car... depends how baller you are...

maybe he has so much more money than you... that he can afford to change out parts every 10 miles...

And where the hell do you get off judging the intelligence of and experiences experienced by the OP? valid opinion or GTFO... who the hell asked you for your intelligent opinion anyway? No useful **** to say ... don't say ****... just don't get all internet forum tough guy on us... (I bet you a 100$ you would not question any and all random persons intelligence if they were standing in front of you... I bet you would say something like : "umm oh a 1000 hp might be pushing it for a DD... " not what you did say up here...
Calm down.

Like Mike said above, "Stupid questions warrant stupid answers." If you would read the stickies and the Fored Induction thread you would know that there is no limit on what you can do. What you want to do is EASILY $20,000. Which you may have, I have no idea though. I will say what others have said above. You bought the wrong car. Should have atleast stayed away from an X and got a RWD. A 500whp car has more than enough power you will need for the street, trust me. You are talking about 600hp and what not but it is a totally different story when you daily drive it. To me it woud get old plus the ride will not be as nice as another/better car. For example corvette or M5 or GTR.

If you want to go blow all of that money away on your X than fine. I could really care less. It's your car, your money. Do as you please. But I see no point in modding a car to have 600hp for a DD. From factory it is a different story. But whatever.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ILLMATiC G35
Well anything is possible if you got the $ man..
+10000000000
I go to SGP Racing ALL the time and there's guys with over 600HP to the wheels but they have spent over $50k on their cars. So not to be a negative nancy but if you want to be fast, without spending that much, just trade in your G for a corvette or somethin.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
ok you're not getting the point. I don't want to just buy a car already thats as fast as I'll want. I want to build an engine, and its that simple. I just happen to like how a g35 looks and handles. I guess I should buy what everyone else puts aftermarket engines into like a camaro or firebird or dump my money into some piece of crap honda or dodge neon like so many idiots do.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
ok you're not getting the point. I don't want to just buy a car already thats as fast as I'll want. I want to build an engine, and its that simple. I just happen to like how a g35 looks and handles. I guess I should buy what everyone else puts aftermarket engines into like a camaro or firebird or dump my money into some piece of crap honda or dodge neon like so many idiots do.
Ok then, to simply answer your quesiton, all you need is MONEY. A fully built engine for our cars cost around $25,000 not including labor. (FYI)

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
Ok then, to simply answer your quesiton, all you need is MONEY. A fully built engine for our cars cost around $25,000 not including labor. (FYI)
so i can't buy a GM small block, build it, and fit it into a g35?

Also, I would do the labor

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
so i can't buy a GM small block, build it, and fit it into a g35?

Also, I would do the labor
You can if you want as long as it will fit.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
You can if you want as long as it will fit.
and so it will be compatible with the system?

anyway, i may just build an engine without a car to put it in

Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
It sounds like you want to ask endless questions instead of taking the veteran's advice to go into the F/I section and do some reading.

There's a lot of information available on this site. If you're really willing to do the work to build the motor, the place to start is by researching what your options are before you flood the forum with questions that have been asked and answered a hundred times.

You'll get much better advice from the guys who have been where you want to go if you come into the arena with a little knowledge you've gained on your own. Once you know who has done what to produce measurable results, you'll know who and what to ask to understand the process.

My .02.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Noob.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
and so it will be compatible with the system?

anyway, i may just build an engine without a car to put it in
If you wanna spend alot of money to make your car fast, go for it. But i was saying earlier that another car would save you money, you could buy a used BMW 335i and be faster than ALOT of G's with just an exhaust.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do I need to do to get atleast 400 HP or hopefully over 600?