Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

G35 VS WRX RACE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 VS WRX RACE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? WHO WOULD WIN ? FROM A ROLL AND FROM A STOP.
I GOT INJEN EXHAUST,INJEN CAI AND DC HEADERS.AM I IN THE 300 HP AT THE FLY WHEEL RANGE? TELL ME YOUR OPINION

Old 04-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Re: G35 VS WRX RACE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

Do you have the 6 speed manual or 5 speed automatic. If you have the manual with all those mods then you should beat him. Without the Mods its a close race and driver skills would determine the outcome. If you have an automatic and he's got a manual then he would probably win if he's a good driver. If the WRX is a automatic then hands down you'll kick his butt.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, 300 hp eh. i dunno about that one. have you dynod yet? if you get cats, im sure you'd be beyond 300, but i dunno without though.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/JWTpopcharger+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 PM

227hp for a non-STi WRX, and 300hp for the STi. I'd say if it's a plain WRX, it's all you. STi may be another story.

Mike
04 G35x Sedan 5AT DG/G

Old 04-28-2004, 10:17 PM

I GOT A SIX SPEED AND I WILL TAKE OUT MY CATS FOR PIPES I LIVE IN FLORIDA I DON'T REALLY GIVE A [censored] IF ITS LEGAL OR NOT I HOPE TO BE IN THE 300 HP RANGE AND MAYBE KILL A STOCK 350Z .. YEAHHH.
i HAVE NOT DYNO MY STUFF YET MAYBE IN 2 WEEKS i WILL POST IT FOR YOU GUYS ....

Old 04-28-2004, 10:39 PM

In that case you would own the WRX but the STI would still beat you for now. I think the 0 to 60 times range from 4.9 to 5.1 seconds. I know a stock 6MT is suppose to run around 5.6 seconds but only if you are really good and you don't mind abusing the clutch a little.

Plus think about it...The WRX or STI are not in our class of cars. We have fast rides that look great without huge wings or big ugly hood scopes and we get a radio not like the STI which doesn't come with a radio nor is it a option from the factory.

I guess its easy for me to say since I'm not much of a street light racer anymore. I like paying less then 90 bucks a month for full auto insurance coverage.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet. wish CA didnt give a damn about cats. i thik you can kill a stock Z as it is.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/JWTpopcharger+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 04-28-2004, 10:42 PM

Its kind of sad but there are no emission tests if you have a car in Macon, GA. As long as you have proper insurance and a real address thats all you need to renew your tags in that town.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Tonyracer, Welcome aboard bro. We're looking forward to hearing about your WRX - G matchup. Good luck.

One suggestion tho: Here, we usually reserve the CAPS for yelling or strong statements. To read a whole post in CAPS can be a little frustrating and hard on the eyes.

Just a little friendly suggestion b4 someone yells back at ya.

Have fun bro, and enjoy. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 04-28-2004, 11:59 PM

Thanks man I will post my dynos to encourage people to do mods like mine hopefully I will get good hp gains. now talking about ecu what are my options, do I have to send my ecu to a company to have it reprogram, or there are other options out there . Is it really worth it ?what kind of gains will be expected considering my mods?. what should be my next mod?? besides turbo,supercharger,or nitrous? thanks people
six speed
injen exhaust no cats straight pipe
injen cai
dc headers

Old 04-29-2004, 01:49 AM

Taking put your cats giving you up to 300hp? 300hp not 300whp right? Even if you take out your cats and run against a rex it will still be a drivers race. I believe stock rex run 14.5+/- .2. Stock G run 14.2+/- .2. Its basically drivers race. Remeber, the G as more room for error during the launch unlike the rex.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:27 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Tony, I can say from experience that you will beat a regular WRX. I raced one at LACR two Wednesday's ago and smoked it with my friend in the car filming the race.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Old 04-29-2004, 05:34 AM

i raced my friends stock wrx and he ran 15.8. and i saw an STi running 15 flat aroudn that range. my friend said when he starts off the line his RPMs drop and has to start over. i wonder why that happens. i ran pretty good 14.6 for a stock coupe.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:04 AM

hey I just got all my parts install injen exhaust,injen intake,dc headers my g feels a lot faster and smoother I am so happy with the results the exhaust sounds like a dream and the quality of the product it's amazing, people for me this the best buy out of all exhausts I'm goona dyno my g soon I'm probably in the 305hp at the fly wheel so I hope don't think it twice this is a damn good invesment... peace people

Old 05-04-2004, 02:03 AM

In attempt to be objective and some how contribute to the usual message board threads about my car vs everyone elses, I looked at two of the big name magazines' websites and came back with the following:
Car and Driver
-WRX Sedan Manual 0-60 is 5.4 secs 1/4 mile is 14.1 secs
-G35 Coupe Manual 0-60 is 5.5 secs 1/4 mile is 14.2 sec
Mototrend
-WRX Sedan Manual 0-60 is 5.6 secs
-G35 Coupe Manual 0-60 is 5.8 secs

Also, I traded in a WRX for a G35 coupe, and I'm extremely happy with the decision. The rest is my opinion based on experience with both cars:
If the person doesn't know how to drive the WRX then you'll win because they won't be launching it at a hign enough RPM to take advantage of the Turbo and AWD. But if you run into one of those guys smart enough to completely dump the clutch at 4000 RPMs and not slip it then you're going to probably lose. Don't kid yourself into thinking that he'll mis-shift, WRX's have great shifters (at least I never missed a single shift in mine). Also, the WRX is not going to have any traction problems where as the G35 has a tendency to slip the rear tires under full acceleration on a real road and not a racetrack.

Getting into the realm of mods changes everything but then again I think you'll find more WRXs with serious mods than G35's. For example: At one point, I was pushing 223.5 HP at the wheels (vs 167 stock at the wheels on the same dyno ) via various mods and I can say without a doubt that WRX was faster than a stock G35. In person, I've seen a non-STI WRX that hit over 400 HP on a dyno. Which I will admit was pushing the limits but then again it was one of Vishnu Performance's project cars which are known for being fairly radical but reliable cars.

So the point of all this? In my mind, If I wanted a fast car that would smoke most cars out there then I would've gone for a year old Corvette or a Mustang Cobra this time around for the same money as the G35 coupe. At some point though you begin to realize that the G35 is fast enough to put a smile on your face, that it's comfortable enough that the smile stays on the whole time your driving it, and that is good looking enough that it puts a smile on the faces of the people that see it on the road

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 VS WRX RACE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?