Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

HELP!!! G35 Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
like he said, he doesnt want to go FI
he just wants to get a little bit more power NA
nothing CRAZY like 400+ WHP **drooling**

Old 08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
You are wrong about the utec as its a piggy back ems.And what he is talking about is the reflash from AAM and Technosquare.....................damn newbs.
so i got it mixed up a bit
big deal
but definately osiris you dont need to send in your ecu, they send you the software based on your mods

Old 08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggz786786
so i got it mixed up a bit
big deal
but definately osiris you dont need to send in your ecu, they send you the software based on your mods

I agree? Big deal...

All that "newb or noob" talk is funny. In the real world it really means absolutely NOTHING. I mean are you really cooler, smarter, or better because you've been on a FORUM for longer? LMBO!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Sorry this may sound really stupid, but for the Osiris, you have to send your ECU in for a couple weeks right? Meaning you can't drive your car?
Originally Posted by biggz786786
^^ no, thats the Utech
the osiris is a software, you can either e-mail your mods to osiris, and they will send you the software, or you can have a shop do it, you upload it into your ecu, and presto! after a couple of weeks with the reprogrammed ecu, the ecu gets more aware and adapts to your mods, then you download the data from your ecu and send the new data to osiris and they will e-mail you a new data which is fine tuning
Originally Posted by superchargedg
You are wrong about the utec as its a piggy back ems.And what he is talking about is the reflash from AAM and Technosquare.....................damn newbs.
Clearly, he was talking about the Osiris, not Technosquare or AAM...

BTW, the company is called Uprev. Osiris is only the name of one of their products... Osiris does not send you anything. Uprev sends you the Osiris and Cipher. There are 2 ways to tune: dyno tuned at an Osiris dealer or you can dyno your car, send them the results and they'll send you a custom tune.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 PM
^^ sorry, type-o

Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Clearly, he was talking about the Osiris, not Technosquare or AAM...

BTW, the company is called Uprev. Osiris is only the name of one of their products... Osiris does not send you anything. Uprev sends you the Osiris and Cipher. There are 2 ways to tune: dyno tuned at an Osiris dealer or you can dyno your car, send them the results and they'll send you a custom tune.
Thats good information, bro. Thanks.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Citco
QFT. Seriously, you win this thread.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo

QFT = quoted for truth. Just saying everything you said was spot on. From the needing to search, to the mod advice.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
all yuou have to do is eat a baby, then everything will fall into place

Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Let me rephrase. I am not trying to add "power" per say. I am just trying to make my car have a quicker get-up. There's a kid with a maxima(cold air intake) and I just want to shut him up. Complete slap in the face. I wanted to see what some people have done with their cars that have made them significantly faster for a reasonable price. Also, what can I do to help my auto change gears quicker? I would also like more jolt when they shift, so that my wheels may squeak shifting.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Also, why does everyone prefer the pop charger? Is it a better short ram or have a better warrenty or what? I can't figure out why pppl prefer it more other than the fact its cheaper...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
One more question. What's the difference between the iso thermal and the iso copper plenum spacers?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
iso thermal is if you live in hot weather, copper is for cold (snow)

pop charger is not going to give a significant gain, maybe 5 or 6... the iso thermal spacer is what makes the most hp gain on these cars n/a... around 10-12 hp

Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
to answer your first comment, buddy club racing spec condenser will do the job for a measly 150, about the going faster thing, if you want a quick start you could go with headers and exhaust but i think that you will lose top end but get bottom end(someone correct me if im wrong pls)
the pop charger i think that most people get it because "A" its cheaper, "B" it is dyno tested to gain 6.5 whp, and "C" it gives a deep tone which sounds AWSOME when it takes a huge gulp of air
the difference between regular and copper upgrade is more of a where you live type of thing
the iso copper plenum spacer is good if you live in a place where it is really cold and i think also good if you live in a place that can get really hot
its just an upgrade to maintain its performance in more than normal conditions

but what ever i said i could be wrong, im still kinda noobish to the whole aftermarket modding thing, so if someone has a better explanation then pls feel free to correct me

Old 08-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Meangthang
Let me rephrase. I am not trying to add "power" per say. I am just trying to make my car have a quicker get-up. There's a kid with a maxima(cold air intake) and I just want to shut him up. Complete slap in the face. I wanted to see what some people have done with their cars that have made them significantly faster for a reasonable price. Also, what can I do to help my auto change gears quicker? I would also like more jolt when they shift, so that my wheels may squeak shifting.

OK Im a little confused. You should have no problem spanking a maxima BONE STOCK riding on donuts, lol. "significantly faster for a reasonable price" is not possible. You are asking for MORE with less. Also, I guess you need to define your parameters i.e. "significantly faster". What's "significant" to you? Ok, how are you going to do that without adding power? Power begets speed. Also, if you have an automatic, it is only with POWER that you can break wheels in ANY gear. It takes a LOT of power to "squeak" when shifting gears. If you want all that, you are talking some MAJOR power, like Toyota Supra Turbo power if you're trying to break wheels in between shifts...And some NON-factory transmission thats putting that power down.

Honestly, you have the wrong car for your requests...which is why you dont have a lot of responses on this thread.

Other people have given you good info on Intakes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! G35 Performance Mods