Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Fogs, clearance & corner bulbs upgraded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fogs, clearance & corner bulbs upgraded

are H4 and 9006 the same type of bulbs?

Old 06-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

redwillow.......your car looks great.
Did you find the super plasma bulbs in the clearance strips a better combo compared to the extreme whites?

I would like to match the strips a little closer to the HID/Fogs.

anyway, I like the amber bulbs in the clear corners as well......makes me think maybe I should do that route and eliminate the risk of the local police hassling me .......
Dennis

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 06-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is a DIY in the FAQ section. If not it's just a couple of screws and a bunch of those little plastic rivets.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
G35Driver.com Business Cards

Old 06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, i originally had Xtreme white bulbs in my clearance lights & clear corners, before i changed the fogs...and they looked like this. Too blue in the clearance, IMO.

The super plasma is a blue coated bulb, like the xtreme white, but lighter & does not really look blue at all when installed in the clearance light, looks very bright white.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

268693-piaa2.jpg

Old 06-02-2004, 04:46 PM

another pic of the piaa xtreme whites in clearance & clear corners, with stock fog bulb.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

268697-piaa4.jpg

Old 06-02-2004, 05:09 PM

redwillow: i was looking for the PIAA Super Plasma # 19170 you mentioned for the clearance lights. i went to the piaa site and couldnt find that part number on there. i looked in the H4 and 9000 series and neither had that bulb, but i assume that it's part of the 9000 series. i know you bought yours locally but i'm not sure of any places near me, so if you could possibly point me in a direction online like for the MTEC's it would be great, thanks a lot.

2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, 4080's custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

Old 06-02-2004, 05:40 PM

click below

<a href="http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Cod e=mtec-15">mtec fog bulbs</a>

<a href="http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-Miniature.html"> piaa 19170 super plasma bulbs...piaa site.</a>

Old 06-02-2004, 07:40 PM

thanks a lot for the link, i was looking in the wrong spot for the PIAA's i guess. i searched for the part number too and it didn't even come that way. oh well, thanks for links, i'm sure i'll be doing this once i get my G in now less than 2 weeks - almost here... one more thing, how long did the install take, just curious?

2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, 4080's custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

Old 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM

Just put in the MTEC fog lights...WOW...looks soooo good
for 30 bucks, everyone that has a G35 should look into it.

Mitch
2004 G35C AT
Blk/Blk
Prem.Aero.Perf.Nav
Nav/TV Tuner w/ PS 2
2-10" Subs w/ Rockford Amp
Clear Corners
Pop Charger
Z-Tube

Old 06-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't use my fogs for the first 9 months I had the car. They're always on now.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
G35Driver.com Business Cards

Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 PM

MyGUnit - A few questions regarding the MTEC HID fog light bulbs...

1. How easy/diffucult was it to install? What's involved and how long did they take?

2. How did these MTEC HID lamps affect the high beam "flashing" and "on" applications (since I believe the fog lamps are the same as the high beam lamps)?

3. How much brighter would you say your field of vision is with the HID fog lights? (I know with our FX35 has low and high beam Xenon HID lights which seem to be very bright. The fog lights are separate std. Halogen lights integrated into the front bumper and add a little light just beyond the front bumper).

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 06/10/04 10:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-10-2004, 01:35 PM

na, not really, you can see a little blue reflection in the fog housing...but only in certain light if you really look at it pretty hard. Can't see any way to avoid that, the way the housing is made..if you use any kind of a blue tinted bulb.

As far as matching...nothing is really ever going to match exactly unless you get HIDs for fog/clearance. The mtecs have a slight bluish hue to them and compliment the hids nicely. Best option for fog bulbs that i have seen IMO.

I like the plasmas because they are not too blue...llike the piaa xtreme i had before. About the best you can do is compliment the hue of the hids with the clearance bulb you use.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:49 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

How easy/diffucult was it to install? What's involved and how long did they take?

<hr></blockquote> you will need to remove the front portion of the wheel well liner, which is attached by a few bolts, a screw and push type fasteners. Not that hard to do. There are prob some pictures on here if you do a forum search.

Takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours prob to get the liners off, exchange the bulbs and get it back together. Not that hard to do overall. Def can diy.

2. How did these MTEC HID lamps affect the high beam "flashing" and "on" applications (since I believe the fog lamps are the same as the high beam lamps)?

<hr></blockquote> yes, fogs/high are the same bulb...not sure though, i don't use high beams much.

How much brighter would you say your field of vision is with the HID fog lights?

<hr></blockquote> Just to clarify...these are NOT hid's in the fog. They are just reg bulbs that are sort of hid look alike. The HID is an entirely diff assembly/system that is several hundred dollars. The illumination to the sides is much better & clearer with the mtec bulbs.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the info...sounds like the MTEC bulbs improve the overall look and coolness factor, but don't significantly improve the front field of vision brightness; that would only be helped by real Xenon HID bulbs I take it. Thank you.

2004.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels
(basically Sport Package w/o stiffer suspension), Darkest Tint (this is FL afterall), Z Tube, K&N Filter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fogs, clearance & corner bulbs upgraded