Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2 Nissan Data Scan II users

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Nissan Data Scan II users

Is there anyone who owns the Blazt-II cable (aka "BlaZt OBD-II cable")? The one which intended to be used with NDS-II.

Can you please try to dump your cable firmware using the attached tool? Just need to check one thing... Unfortunately for me, I do not have a direct access to the cable currently. There is no need to plug the cable into the car's OBD-II socket, merely connecting it to the PC should be enough.

The istructions are as follows:

1. Make sure you have appropriate cable drivers installed.
2. Find out to which virtual COM port number the cable is connected (for ex. you can check this in the NDS settings window).
3. Then, from within a command-line prompt, type:

fwread COMx

where x is a COM port number to which your Blazt-II cable is attached, ex. fwread COM2

A file "fwdump.bin" will be created if the reading was ok, otherwise some error message should be displayed. In the last case, please provide a copy-paste of the error output.

You can either attach the resulting firmware file here or send it directly to me via email: lavos0@gmail.com -- ex. in the case if the resulting file will be a bit large for attaching. Though it is very unlikely - I expect something less than 30K.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
fwread.zip (6.6 KB, 61 views)