Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbo Charged and NOS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Charged and NOS

I was wondering if a FI car can have NOS installed aswell.

I saw it posted, a fella had a turbo charged car, plus direct port NOS= insane!

-BM

p.s. http://www.pepsiworld.com/carsweeps/...?trtmnt_id=585

Look under Tour Cars

Old 08-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Re: Turbo Charged and NOS

Yes, this type of installation is referred to as "juicy boost" by some folks. Many times the installation involves a nitrous oxide system and a turbo, where the nitrous oxide operates only until the turbo spools up into the meaty part of the torque curve. This set-up reduces turbo lag.

'03 G35s 5AT, Garnet Fire/Willow
Staggered 18" SSR GT1/Bridgestone PP S03
Eibach Springs/Sways, Stillen 2-pc BBK
Stillen Intake & SS Cat-Back Dual Exhaust

Old 08-31-2004, 10:13 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea but you only do that on very reliable and heavily modded or tuned engines such as a full engine rebuild and bigger displacement and boring it out to handle all of that boost on the engine.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:24 AM

Actually, you don't need to have any internal work, bigger bore, rebuild, etc.... The nitrous only sprays while the turbo is building up. Well, to tell you the truth, one of the NIssan dealerships close to me actually mods 350z's and G's and tells people to go with the stillen or ATI procharger superchargers and then slap a good 65 - 75 shot of nitrous on top for good measure. They are selling the crap out of the supercharger, nitrous combo. They have been modding Z's for many, many years. Plus, Nitrous Express sells at nitrous ad-on specificially for intercoolers (its called Ntercooler system) on turbo or supercharged cars. So to make a long story short, you can run nitrous on turbo/supercharged cars for 2 purposes, 1) to spool up the turbo or supercharge to get to the fat part of the hp/torque curve sooner, and 2) to throw more HP/torque on top of what you get from the turbo/supercharger. If you go with the still and only are getting between 325 and 350 to the wheels, you can do it no problem, but if you go with a kit (turbo or supercharger) and start getting over 400+ hp to the wheels, you may want to forgo the nitrous. Our engines (rods) are expected to fail starting at around 450 or so HP at the wheels. If you want to go bigger than that, whether you have just a turbo/supercharger, nitrous, or a combination of both, you'll need to build up the engine internals.

As with nitrous without a turbo, you need to know a lot about it and do it the right way to be safe.

’03 G35S 6MT, black/black:
-Zex n20 Kit 150-shot & Bottle Opener
-Amsoil Air/Oil Filters & Oil
-Digital Nitrous Pressure Gauge & A/F Switch/Gauge
-Pressure-based Bottle Warmer
-MSD Window Switch

Old 09-01-2004, 10:54 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

LOL like the ATI procharger wasnt blowing enough engines with just that boost, people are running nitrous on top of that?!?! Not my car haha, if im doing it im doing it right!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 09-01-2004, 10:37 PM

I didn't say that you should run it on your car. Especially, since your car is a lease and your most likely a little reluctant to put some real mods on it.

To each, their own. I was just saying there are people out there running that kind of setup safely (nitrous and turbos), not just on our cars, but on STI's, EVO's, Vettes, Civic's, etc... and that there are specific nitrous kits just for turbo and supercharged systems WITHOUT having engines with upgraded internals.

I have no doubt that if you bring your car to a shop, it will be done the "right-way", but I sincerely doubt if you do the wrenching, it'll end up that way. Just from your comments about requiring modded internals and the fact that you thought nitrous was unsafe in one of the other posts you responded to me it, you strike me as one of the people that are poisining this site with misinformation. Please be sure of what you are talking about before you post, not just for my sake, but for the people who are here to really learn about modding our cars.

Additionally, I trust you won't believe me, but with our cars, numerous people with FI have blown engines, but only one (that I know of and that is listed on the forums) blew their engines due to nitrous. That one incident was because the person used an octane booster that cause a fuel solenoid to stick.

Oh, did you know that it is not a requirement to include a "haha' in nearly every thread you write.

’03 G35S 6MT, black/black:
-Zex n20 Kit 150-shot & Bottle Opener
-Amsoil Air/Oil Filters & Oil
-Digital Nitrous Pressure Gauge & A/F Switch/Gauge
-Pressure-based Bottle Warmer
-MSD Window Switch

Old 09-01-2004, 10:48 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

First of all what the **** are you talking about? Who you comin at like that on a forum, ive read up on, seen and talked to many people and threads and posts tof people blowing their engine and have extensive knowledge about the topic!! Telling people its okay to run it is good? So what happens when they come back and say oh he said it was fine, but my engine blew? Then youw ill feel like a dic*, and im reluctant about "real" mods? I put alot into my sedan and have it running very quick, to me i did a lot on a lease and get compliments everywher ei go saying" the hottest sedan in NY or wherever" no i didnt go FI yet and want to badly but

1) i cant afford it right now and believe me, i will be pulling out higher numbers than you ever SEEN, you know why? Cause when i have the money i will be doing everything of FI and a engine rebuild pulling out crazy #'s with a safe reliable setup. 2) its a lease and i already put a lot into it. Props to those people who give informative info and realistic info rather than saying yes you can do it and not going into it with detail, yes you can run FI and BOOST on your engine but witht he VQ's its not a safe idea for people who cant afford new engines and who wont have their's replaced under warranty. I talked to gurgen, zimbo and many people about FI and know what im talking about, why dont u read up on the ati procharger kit that blew over 12+ z's and g's, no wonder why they took it off the market! Dont worry, gimme 2 years and illhave one of the sickest cars youve seen.

Listen i honestly gave you the wrong impression or maybe you take wha ti say the wrong way, ok. There is nothing more that i want then a TTkit for my car and have been preparing for FI and saving up, its just that everyone who has gone FI has made me aware of a lot of things and many people in NY who i talk to about it are telling me bad things, and i wouldnt believe you about people blowing their engines? I hope you were being sarcastic cause thats how this whole thing pretty much started, bottom line i hope EVERYONE goes FI and nothing happens to their car, i just want to let people know the consequences they might face by acting stupid witht heir new power. Me i know i owuld prob blow the engine on stock internals because i love the boost and power and speed, thats why i said im going to do it right so it wont cost me a lot more in the end, i hope you understand me now.

"HAHA" Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 PM

damn, so much for this thread!

Old 09-02-2004, 02:43 AM

anyways guys,
I plan on doin a 35-75 shot on my car soon.tuning is the key,keep the overall HP under 450 & I should be cool.Of course I wont be running it all the time with nitrous,so my engine should be a bit more reliable(Rather than upping the boost & having it on all the time)
Are you saying you're going to buy a new engine and tear it apart then put all the miles on your built engine?Why not have fun with your stock motor,then build it after a good 50,000 miles.That's what I'm doin

Blk G35c AT Stillen SC 7lb pulley Stillen valve body Volk LE37's Tein susp. KAAZ Lsd
"throw it in the gutter and go buy another"

Old 09-02-2004, 12:38 PM

Nitrous will actually help this turbo spool. T04 is a bit too big for 2.0 engine to make power down low. If not for NO2 I would imagine full boost will be reached by 4500-4700 rpm.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***