Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Feeler: SxExCx V2 Grounding Kit (STEALTH)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^Exactly what Chris said, definitely a noticeable difference.

Sean I like the hidden kit, I think its a matter of personal preference if people would want the wires showing (some would think it adds engine dress up) or hidden (more stealthy and clean). I would offer both. If you find that you are selling 95% of one over the other then ditch the design that's not selling.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Braintree
In my first life (I was an electrical engineer before I went to Med school) we were easily able to measure electromagnetic output decreases following proper or increased grounding. From my professional experience the grounding kit may only have the effect of reducing static electricity or electromagnetic waves that interfere with the sound system quality, and possibly to stabilize voltage(?). The other improvements attributed to the kit may be the placebo effect. The science behind the purported other improvements (better shifting, increased power, more stability in electrical system, etc.) is far too shakey to draw a conclusion.

Is it possible that the grounding kit may be the G's version of the Tornado fuel saver gas devices (and the hemi head on some engines) which millions bought... millions swore by... thousands of mechanics smilingly installed (b/c they too believed the marketing) because it made sense.... and in the end, after it was shown to be a useless add-on, millions continue to purchase?

There have claims for HP increases and "smoother shifting," but it's been very anecdotal. I think they're effective for older cars where corrosion may have reduced proper grounding, but in our newer cars, is this essential?

I'm looking for any independent dyno tests using a pre-kit (baseline), post kit, then pre-kit and post kit again (ABAB design) at the least. Minus this evidence, it still seems to be mostly hypothetical.

Since you install them, I was wondering if you could help me on this?
Grounding kits are at least somewhat useful bro. I haven't used one of SxExCx's kits, so I can't say his is superior to any other specific kit, however when I had my G I made my own grounding kit and installed it. I was able to increase the volume level of my stereo to a higher level than before (34 rather than 29) without noticeable dimming of the lights (almost 1500w RMS power on the system) Additionally shifts would sometimes feel "jerky" when I had a lot of power drain going. IE heated seats, heater with A/C, wipers, headlights, stereo all at once. Once I installed a grounding kit it eliminated this problem. I would say that the stock grounding of the vechicle is probably fine for a totally unmodified car. However, especially on cars which have additional electronics, IE turbo timers, gauges, and all that stuff adding up I'd suggest additional grounding.

Electronics also happen to be my personal area of expertise. I currently work as an electronics technician on fighter jet and other military themed simulators. I hold FCC and FAA certifications which pertain to a variety aviation electronics systems. We've had companies such as Bechtel Bettis atomic energy, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and also various foreign governments specifically request additional grounding points on existing simulator designs. Pretty much installing a grounding kit on a simulator. If it works on military quality flight simulators why wouldn't it at least marginally help a car?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
^ u and candlestickpark need to swap professional info

Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^Haha, yeah for sure.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
I did not invent the concept of the grounding kit. As a car enthusiast who was eager to try different mods, I purchased a kit and was surprised about the results. I could instantly feel that the shifts were quicker and smoother. The one thing that I didnt like was the chaotic heap of wires draped all over the engine bay. I tried a few other kits before I realized that I would not be satisfied until the engine looked as good as it felt. From that point, I strategically tailored a new kit to give me the best of both worlds. At the next meet; someone saw it, loved how it looked, and asked me how it performed. I told him about my experience with several other brands and my custom kit and he then asked if I could make him one. After the install, he had the same positive response. This same scenario happened a few more times before my inbox was blowing up with requests.
I have never done any official testing nor have I made any official claims. I let the kit speak for itself through the testimony of my customers. If you are the type of person who needs scientific data...look to a different brand.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Braintree
In my first life (I was an electrical engineer before I went to Med school) we were easily able to measure electromagnetic output decreases following proper or increased grounding. From my professional experience the grounding kit may only have the effect of reducing static electricity or electromagnetic waves that interfere with the sound system quality, and possibly to stabilize voltage(?). The other improvements attributed to the kit may be the placebo effect. The science behind the purported other improvements (better shifting, increased power, more stability in electrical system, etc.) is far too shakey to draw a conclusion.

Is it possible that the grounding kit may be the G's version of the Tornado fuel saver gas devices (and the hemi head on some engines) which millions bought... millions swore by... thousands of mechanics smilingly installed (b/c they too believed the marketing) because it made sense.... and in the end, after it was shown to be a useless add-on, millions continue to purchase?

There have claims for HP increases and "smoother shifting," but it's been very anecdotal. I think they're effective for older cars where corrosion may have reduced proper grounding, but in our newer cars, is this essential?

I'm looking for any independent dyno tests using a pre-kit (baseline), post kit, then pre-kit and post kit again (ABAB design) at the least. Minus this evidence, it still seems to be mostly hypothetical.

Since you install them, I was wondering if you could help me on this?

Easiest solution: Buy one of Sean's kits and report back here if you felt absolutely no difference in your shifting after correctly installing the kit. Having been an electrical engineer and gone to med school, I'm sure you can afford a measly $100 (or however much the kit costs).

I think it'd be a big waste of time and money for Sean to perform various dyno tests just to prove to a few people that grounding kits do improve the car, when there have been hundreds of people who have bought his kits and had nothing but good things to say about it.

Edit: Sorry to have strayed away from the thread topic . I agree with the others that you should offer both kits, at least limited amounts. I, for one, like seeing the colored wires .

Old 02-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
ok i have a question. everyone swears that your grounding kit works. (im not agreeing or disagreeing because i have never used it) BUT why in the normal kit does it use 10 wires. and now in the stealth kit it uses less. that to me has bull**** product writin all over it. if the new kit works the exact same with less wires then everyone has been getting ripped off due to thinking that they needed to buy 10 wires from you which im sure cost more. like i said i am not saying neither of the kits work so i cant speak from experience on either one of your kits. it just makes me really think that this mod does nothing when all of a sudden it was able to be changed drastically (yes that is a drastic change when you are taking about lessining the amount of wires in an electrical mod) and still supposidly work.

please tell me if i am wrong and if i am please explain why because i would like to understand thhis better

Old 02-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by kennymo
ok i have a question. everyone swears that your grounding kit works. (im not agreeing or disagreeing because i have never used it) BUT why in the normal kit does it use 10 wires. and now in the stealth kit it uses less. that to me has bull**** product writin all over it. if the new kit works the exact same with less wires then everyone has been getting ripped off due to thinking that they needed to buy 10 wires from you which im sure cost more. like i said i am not saying neither of the kits work so i cant speak from experience on either one of your kits. it just makes me really think that this mod does nothing when all of a sudden it was able to be changed drastically (yes that is a drastic change when you are taking about lessining the amount of wires in an electrical mod) and still supposidly work.

please tell me if i am wrong and if i am please explain why because i would like to understand thhis better
All of a sudden? You say that as if he just started selling the first version of his kit like last month and now he's selling this one, when it's been out for like over 2 years.... I'm sure that in 2+ years he's had some time to try out different grounding points and see if he can better his product. There's always room for improvement.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
ok so IF he did find grounding points that are different. then why not combined both kits and make it twice as good.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ wouldn't that be redundant? He simple found other points in the car that allow the wiring to be masked but at the same time still producing the same outcome. I dont know if it would be any better. I dunno..i mean that's what i think..i may be wrong...

Old 02-27-2010, 01:59 AM
He's already explained why. There'd be no point in "combining both kits".

Originally Posted by SxExCx
I eliminated unnecessary "common-points" with a more direct configuration. One thing that people must understand...more wires does not necessarily make a better kit. I can name a few (but I wont) kits that have a few useless wires.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nvm..Fab answered it. haha

Old 02-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
ugh, this country is doomed

Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
bump for a good guy/seller and i did have one of his kits on my g and instantly felt the smoothness of the shifts when down shifting and wot..

Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo

I knew the new design would come under fire of people who are ill informed or just didnt read the product description. The new kit uses ALL the same grounding points as the original but it reaches them directly instead of having multiple "daisy-chains"; which eliminates the need for the extra wires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler: SxExCx V2 Grounding Kit (STEALTH)