Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Snap-crackle AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snap-crackle AT

While driving at night, my Coupe hit two huge, bone-rattling potholes that made me think I'd cracked the car in half. All thoughts of ever upgrading to larger wheels went right out the window. Everything seems fine though, except that now I'm noticing a loud snap or pop under the car at idle, about once every minute or so. My old car would do this after being run hard for awhile, but these were louder and it was pretty cold out, I hadn't been driving hard for about 15 minutes. The pops also continued for about 10 minutes after I shut her down. They may still be going on right now, for all I know.

Is this normal, or should I bring her in for service? Maybe I'm just noticing this now because I'm hypersensitive after the potholes.

-Jack

Black obsidian / graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 04-06-2003, 09:45 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Snap-crackle AT

thats normal from what i've heard...especially after hard driving or long distance driving, the snap-crackle-pop noises will continue for at least 10-15 minutes till the engine starts to cool down

<font color=green>-Ramb0</font color=green>

Old 04-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Snap-crackle AT

Yeah its normal.. depending on your past cars you will find this sound abnormal or give no attention to it.. its just the metal from the exhaust cooling down..

..pestilence..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.