Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Coupe won't run!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe won't run!

I have an 04 g35 coupe with ztube pop charger and plenum spacer which have been installed on the car for over a year with no problems... today on my way home from work i notice when i stop the rpms drop way down to where it sounds like its gonna stall... then it did stall and driving it the rest of the way home seemed like it was chuggin along not gettin enough fuel maybe...

i make it home, pop the hood and i see my filter fell off so i put it back on but no chg still idles low and rough... then i took the ztube pop charger all off and spray cleaner in it and the throttle body and put it all back together but now as soon as i start it, it only last a few seconds and stalls even when i try to give it gas...

please help!

Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
btw i only have 32k miles on the car...

Anyone have any suggestions...

Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
maybe it sucked up a bug or debris when the filter came off and the debris is inside where ever the throttle body leads too?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
thanks for the replies... i didnt clean the maf yet cus i only have throttle body cleaner and heard not to use that to clean the maf... i sprayed the tb cleaner inside the tb and opened the tb and sprayed it in there. what will unplugging the battery overnight do? i'll have to see if i can see if there's anything inside the tb... but usually if the tb or maf gets dirty, the car will still run just not great and may be sluggish. i can't even keep it runnin...

Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
i used a rag to open the tb...

Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 PM
thanks! but my CEL is not on. Does that make a difference... the ecu doesn't reset by just having the battery disconnected for a few minutes? since my air filter had fallen off, i have a feeling something maybe got sucked up the intake... i'm gonna unplug and remove the intake and possibly the throttle body and manifold to make sure nothing is in there or at least i'll clean it out...

Old 04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
i think im gonna take everything apart and make sure nothing got sucked up in there, clean everything and if that doesn't fix it then i'll do the above procedure... so disconnecting the battery does not reset the computer?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
im sure theres a reason why you think something got in there ..

were you driving it with the filter off or did it slip off somehow ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe won't run!