Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

radiator fan always on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radiator fan always on?

ok so I just got my car back from the body shop after getting a new front bumper, air con condenser and some other minor work done and while driving back i noticed my radiator fan is constantly running. they did drain the coolant and replace and drain and recharge my airconditioning. is there any way the body shop guys could have reconnected something incorrectly? is this something i can check/fix easily or any other ideas? I really would prefer not to have to take the car back to the body shop if it's an easy fix.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ke104
ok so I just got my car back from the body shop after getting a new front bumper, air con condenser and some other minor work done and while driving back i noticed my radiator fan is constantly running. they did drain the coolant and replace and drain and recharge my airconditioning. is there any way the body shop guys could have reconnected something incorrectly? is this something i can check/fix easily or any other ideas? I really would prefer not to have to take the car back to the body shop if it's an easy fix.
It might be because there is some air trapped in the cooling system. Wait a few days and see if things return to normal.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
yeah, problem solved this weekend. they did not bleed the system correctly and I spent several hours bleeding it. amazing what a few air bubbles can do to your cooling system...

Old 05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I had this same problem, so I also used the air purge valve but air kept getting in, ended up being my radiator cap. $15 part fixed everything. I also replaced my thermostat and the dealer changed both my radiator fans, which they are reimbursing me for now.

Air in my coolant system made everything go crazy, temp gauge going all over the place and my heater not working, also made my radiator fans run at full speed 24/7

So my advise to people with overheating G's is to replace the radiator cap and purge the air out of the system and fill your reservoir to the MAX line.

04 G35 coupe A/T
30K miles