Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Greddy E-Manage vs TS Reflash???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy E-Manage vs TS Reflash???

Does anyone know which is better? I mean with the E-Manage you can reprogram your piggy back right?? Why don't people use this instead of reflashing? Is there a specific reason? Your help would be very helpful..

03'G35 coupe
clear corners
fujitsubo y-pipe
fujitsubo catback exhaust
more to come.....

Old 10-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Greddy E-Manage vs TS Reflash???

The E-Manage is a great piggy back, but that's all it is. It still fights the ECU in closed-loop mode as the ECU will continue to try and keep the A/F ratios close to the values Infiniti set it at. You can add additional pulsewidth to the injectors without altering the MAF signal to try and compensate, but I can't attest to how well or accurately this feature works.

Also since it fools the ECU into thinking the motor is actually receiving less air, it will likely advance timing slightly. And I am not sure Greddy figured out how to alter timing on the VQ with the E-Manage. I know they had issues with it when they were tuning the Greddy Kit on the Z. This could really be an issue considering the high compression the VQ runs.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Greddy E-Manage vs TS Reflash???

the TS reflash does so many things that it is pretty much impossible to compare it to an E-manage on an N/A car...

TS raises your rev-limiter (deletes speed limiter), increases throttle body opening function, and gets your A/F ratio to a perfect level across the board... if you have extensive air-flow mods, the TS reflash is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED...

2003.5 BS coupe 5AT
Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals, Pro-1 Intake, Resonated Test Pipes, UR Pulley, CF Engine Cover, GReddy EVO II, Kinetix Plenum, Hotchkis Sways, Pro-1 Headers