Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

coolant fluid questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
coolant fluid questions

I am not sure what type of coolant I have in my car but is it okay to mix coolants or should I just flush the coolant?

Also, what brand do you guys recommend? Right now I have Prestone and Racepro coolant!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
If you're under warranty, follow the manaul instructions carefully, down to the coolant type. Nissan makes it's own coolant. Even after your warranty is up, I would suggest the Nissan coolant.

Flush, flush and flush it with distilled or demineralized water 2-3 times, then mix the Nissan coolant with distilled water 50/50. Nissan, I think, now has a blue coolant that's supposed to be fairly superior to the older one, and Zerex also carries an "Asian vehicle formula" that comes pre-mixed and is designed for our cars. But. I'm no expert, maybe someone else can add or correct this entry.

The 05 manual reads:
When adding or replacing coolant, be sure to use only a Genuine Nissan Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant or equivalent with the proper mixture ratio of 50% anti-freeze and 50% demineralized / distilled water. The use of other types of engine coolant may damage the engine cooling system

Finally, do a quick search and you'll see that this has been covered extensively on the forum.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have money to burn and feel the need to be the best.. buy the most expensive optionyou find flush your system and enjoy that you spent alot for no reason. If you aren't the type that thinks its ok to spend $7 per gallon of gas, spends thousands on ridiculous mods and essentially put all of their money into their car because they still live with mom and dad like so many of this forums users... then don't worry.. buying regular mans coolant and mixing it won't hurt your G.