Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

New oil additive product, made gains on dyno

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Here's my take. If this additive really does what it claims, then why aren't auto manufacters fighting over it to own or share the rights to it? The claims are pretty big. A 4mpg gain on a Prius? 20whp on a VQ35? Automakers spend millions just to gain 10hp or add 2mpg. Now there's a fluid and somehow improves all these things? It's a bit hard to believe. It's like Slick50 all over again. I'd imagine there's a huge caveat that says "Gains up to......". When you say that, you can pretty much get away with any claim legally.
because it's very difficult to present to manufactures... there is a real life story (one that you would absolutely appreciate because you value the product) that has gone this route... in fact, the developer said the same exact thing "I cant believe engineers didnt think of this"... tried to pitch it and no one listened... it's being sold after market (I am not naming product or manufacturer, but its a true story).

I have no idea if this lube will do anything - but I can tell you there are simple ideas that have been put into practice that engineers could have done and didnt.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
yeah, i read about this stuff too. if it was a normal review i'd be more inclined to call BS, but since it's in the area where they love to dispel claims of hokey looking products, kinda makes me think it could be pretty good. it also helps that RS*R says that it's not great in transmissions, instead of just boldly saying it's the end all, be all.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
because it's very difficult to present to manufactures... there is a real life story (one that you would absolutely appreciate because you value the product) that has gone this route... in fact, the developer said the same exact thing "I cant believe engineers didnt think of this"... tried to pitch it and no one listened... it's being sold after market (I am not naming product or manufacturer, but its a true story).

I have no idea if this lube will do anything - but I can tell you there are simple ideas that have been put into practice that engineers could have done and didnt.
I understand that as I work in an industry that has lots of technological innovation, but I'm not buying the claims of this "magic lude"

GM pumped millions into making a Tahoe Hybrid. Every MPG cost millions upon millions to get including lowering the truck on special springs, adding special low resistance tires, light weight wheels, special lightweight seats, filling the roof to remove the roof rack, and adding a tall rear gear in addition to the hybrid drive. If they were aware of a magic lube that could gain them even 1mpg, you know they'd be requiring it in special oil package for the truck.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I understand that as I work in an industry that has lots of technological innovation, but I'm not buying the claims of this "magic lude"

GM pumped millions into making a Tahoe Hybrid. Every MPG cost millions upon millions to get including lowering the truck on special springs, adding special low resistance tires, light weight wheels, special lightweight seats, filling the roof to remove the roof rack, and adding a tall rear gear in addition to the hybrid drive. If they were aware of a magic lube that could gain them even 1mpg, you know they'd be requiring it in special oil package for the truck.
that's my point - it's difficult (if not impossible) to pitch the idea to them... the product I mentioned earlier (one that you are familiar with) would be as viable for all the same reasons you mentioned - but developer couldnt get them to respond to request for pitch.

Again, I'm not suggesting this lube works (I dont even care really) - I'm just letting you know that there are real world examples of things that work that automotive design engineers didnt think of and getting to execs is difficult at best. So the idea that all manufactures would use such product if it worked simply isnt true.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe their claims 100% and I intend to try this product the second it is available!

Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 AM
BUMP!

Just got this e-mail from RS-R:

Thank you for your interest in the RS-R Ran up. We are currently finalizing this item's release for North America, and will send you an update shortly on how to purchase this product. In regards to your question on the VQ35, we have not tested it in the States, but in Japan our tests have gained 13.7hp to the wheels on a dyna pack, we apologize for the confused based on the magazine error.

Thank you,

RS-R USA
www.rs-r.com

This was my original message:

Hello,

I was wondering when the Ran Up Oil Optimizer is going to be available, and how much it will cost. I own a G35, and read a magazine article about this product and its dyno proven gains. The article mentioned that the optimizer saw 20whp gains on a VQ35, is this true? As you may imagine, any enthusiast approaches oil additives with some trepidation.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^thanks for the update

Old 12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
If this works that would be amazing. I'm skeptical, but hopeful lol

Old 12-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Hmmm interesting...