Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 G35x Mods ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2005 | 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
You know, I was just thinking that about Acuras......wanna race? I promise I'm bone stock....
Check Out all the threads of people who modded the g35's with I/E/H and without that Technosquarechip there running dangerously lean i cant wait to see when somone finially blows the engine.

Old 01-22-2005 | 02:25 AM
the car handles really well with the s/c. i have to take the snow mode off because it will through the slip sensor and will slow the hell out. at first i thought it would help since it distributes power equally to all 4 wheels but i was wrong. i have to wait for the winter to be over and try some real runs at the track with vds off. hoping it will not trip the slip. also, on the dyno, i have no luck. i'm in chicago and i can't find any places who can do an auto awd dyno. i'm willing to travel to get the numbers.
i should be raising the psi level from 5 to higher once i upgrade the internals. this should be done if a few months, after i get my refund check. i'll try to video the runs at the track too and post it here.
i don't know why people are shooting down the x. i love it. it has grater potenial with the awd, in my opinion. i know it's not as fast as manual but we don't have problems with traction like the rwd 6mts do. my be if i feel generous i'll do a converion to a manual. not sure how involved this would be. any thoughts?

Old 01-22-2005 | 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by powerhousefan
i don't know why people are shooting down the x. i love it. it has grater potenial with the awd, in my opinion. i know it's not as fast as manual but we don't have problems with traction like the rwd 6mts do. my be if i feel generous i'll do a converion to a manual. not sure how involved this would be. any thoughts?
i deffentiallly agree i love my x too. i just drove home from work with about 8 inches of snow on the ground and anytime the car would break loose the awd would just straighten it out.

if you were to change to a manual i deffentailly think that you woudl be the first with a manual g35x. dont know what the purpose would be and it would cost an inordinate amount of money.

im looking foward to the track videos.

Old 01-23-2005 | 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
i deffentiallly agree i love my x too. i just drove home from work with about 8 inches of snow on the ground and anytime the car would break loose the awd would just straighten it out.

if you were to change to a manual i deffentailly think that you woudl be the first with a manual g35x. dont know what the purpose would be and it would cost an inordinate amount of money.

im looking foward to the track videos.
Lol. Inordiante.. did you try driving thorugh any snow drifts yet?

Old 01-23-2005 | 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by ComptechRSX
Lol. Inordiante.. did you try driving thorugh any snow drifts yet?
went to work this morning with 2 feet of snow. the x got stuck at the end of my driveway on the mound that the snowplows made. took me 20 minutes to get it out. i ended up taking my moms ML, in low range. haha tops out at 50mph.

Old 01-24-2005 | 06:57 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Originally Posted by ComptechRSX
Check Out all the threads of people who modded the g35's with I/E/H and without that Technosquarechip there running dangerously lean i cant wait to see when somone finially blows the engine.
That would be the only possible way for you to beat a G35....

To those who actually drive G35's, the "X" performed flawlessly during our most recent blizzard,where lesser cars were littering the sides of the highway. I had to leave my house before the plows did their job, and the "X" was an AWD beast!

Old 01-24-2005 | 07:20 PM
well, just got off the phone with sgpracing and they too can't dyno awd autos. it seems to be a common problem for the dyno shops. only manuals. so, i guess i will not know how much hp i have. i can only go by the track #s and will have to wait till spring for them to open up. i almost feel like not modding it anymore. what's the point if you can't find out how much you have?