Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

aftermarket wideband gauge for use with oem wideband

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
aftermarket wideband gauge for use with oem wideband

ive been searching this topic all night and ive run across some conflicting information and want to try to get all this sorted out... my goal is to use an aftermarket 52mm gauge (aem, autometer wb, etc) to read the factory passenger side wbo2 output. i want to avoid welding on the factory exhaust if possible. I will be using the Cipher logs to keep track of afr and tune with, so buying another standalone, datalogging wbo2 system seems like a total waste of money. I am using this gauge as an " intelligent warning light" to let me know if i go rich or lean for some reason while spraying. my questions are...

1) poster: iyho, what is the best way to integrate an aftermarket 52mm gauge into the g35's factory wideband system? (or should this not be done?)

2) its my understanding that the zeitronix box can do this (read and display the factory signal). is this true?

3) does anyone know the type of signal does the oem wbo2 sensors output? (0-2V, 0-5V, etc)

In my research I came across this thread here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...-wideband.html

4) If the sensor has to be heated by the controller, and the factory ecu handles this on the factory system, and the aem gauge handles this for its own independent system (all based inside the gauge), are you not connecting two heater circuits to the same sensor when connecting it like described in the thread?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
As far as I know it is not possible, since the Gs that did come equipped with factory widebands do not use a standard output, such at 0-5V. Personally i wouldn't waste my time, you can pick up a complete wideband setup for $200 or less, the time spent trying to make this work (and hoping that its accurate) wouldn't be worth it. Not to mention the fact that most tuners do not trust the factory widebands, some say they vary up to 1AFR point from actual.

-Rob